Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:20:53 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Collateral Damage probably going bye-bye, for now. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Collateral Damage probably going bye-bye, for now.  (Read 4676 times)
Chadzilla
« on: September 11, 2001, 05:29:21 PM »

In view of the recent develops in New York and elsewhere, how much is anyone willing to wager that Arnie's new movie Collateral Damage (which is the story of a man seeking justice against the terrorist that kills his family in a high profile bombing) will be pulled from release in the immediate future?
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 06:12:41 PM »

I was wondering about this myself. My guess is that its upcoming release will indeed be held back several months. Since the movie's terrorism incident is a major part of the story, it would be tough for the marketing campaign to give an idea as to what the movie is about without offending a lot of people.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2001, 06:24:14 PM »

This is Hollywood.

If it wasn't due for a few weeks, they'd probably move the release date up.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2001, 07:25:48 PM »

What Squishy said.  Hell, if the movie has a
patriotic slant, it'll probably be used to
the studio's advantage...
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2001, 10:01:20 PM »

True, they might want to risk offending people and release the movie while the subject is foremost in everyone's mind.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2001, 10:29:41 PM »

...just before LAST ACTION HERO was released, there were the World Trade Center bombings, and people were protesting that a giant inflatable Arnold Schwarzenegger (used to promote the movie) was holding dynamite. The distributor caved in towards those protests and removed the dynamite

I also remember that just before POLTERGEIST 3 was released, Heather O'Rourke died, which caused the distributor to seriously consider moving the release up a few weeks to cash in on the publicity. Though when the public got wind of this, the resulting protest made the distributor nix the proposal.

And TRESPASS was held back for several months when the L.A. riots occured shortly before it was released, due to the fact the original title was LOOTERS.

While I guess it is possible that C.D. could still be released on October 5, I still think it's more likely that the distributor will withdraw it for several months. And I wouldn't be surprised if they also change the title.
Hairzilla
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2001, 10:15:38 AM »

I'm probably way off on this, especially since it's release isn't until next summer, but I wonder if the footage seen in the Spider Man trailer of the bank robbers helicopter being caught in a gigantic web created between the two towers will be altererd in any way, or possibly removed entirely?

I was thinking about this yesterday, we being movie fans and all, it sure is going to be strange watching any film now, like the Delaurentis King Kong remake, where the World Trade Center is used as an main element.
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2001, 10:40:50 AM »

The first thing i thought of, was in Armageddon. After the rocks hit N.Y. city, the last shot is a chopper shot of the skyline,on fire from the meteors, and the WCT with holes in it, smokeing. Those SFX were way too accurate.........
Nathan
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2001, 11:28:50 AM »

...Fox has understandably cancelled this weekend's scheduled broadcast of Independence Day.

Although showing it may be a better idea.  Somehow, Bill Pullman's rousing speech at the end may not seem so hokey now.

Nathan
AndyC
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2001, 05:09:25 PM »

I was also thinking about Escape from New York (Snake landing and taking off from one of the towers) and that Simpson's episode in which Homer's car is illegally parked between the towers.

Come to think of it, how many movies feature a New York skyline shot? Die Hard 3 comes to mind. Actually, I have been reminded of Die Hard 3 lately, along with The Siege. The imagery I've been seeing on TV reminds me of Independence Day and the plane crash from the Sim City computer game.

Will we be able to look at any of these things the same way again?
Chadzilla
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2001, 05:12:44 PM »

No.
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »

Ya' know, Nathan, it has always bothered me that we can, forget that some times, its ain't hokey, if you realy feel it. We've all gotten kind of afraid of showing any real feelings for Flag and Country. I think that being aware of our nations faults is needed....so long as we don't forget the power of the ideals behind them. I think Squishy mentioned the mistreatment of the Japanese-Americans in WWII, and he's right! The reason it was bad, was because it ignored the ideals of Individual dignity, and responsability, and justice, that were behind the founding Fathers attempt to set up a government where people could be treated as equals, not as much in talents and abilites, but for human value and potential. And i literaly thankGod, that he's grabbed me by the collar, smacked me when i was...and likely will be yet agine, ...an ass hole, and said, You Know thats not right!, try it agine! This life is a "Boot Camp", and we can show what stuff we are made of. Right Stuff, or wrong, we are creatures that CAN grow better....if we see the need, and its a crying one.....and learn to do the right. Leave us not forget, we're all only human. The higher the horse, the great the crash when you fall off it.
Squishy
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 12:44:51 AM »

Sony has removed the online Spider-Man teaser, and has requested that currently-released posters--in which the World Trade Center towers appear in the reflection of Spidey's lenses--be returned.

Strangely enough, Sony reps told the LA Times that the helicopter scene from the trailer does not appear in the movie, but was made solely for the trailer!
Gerry
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 03:02:56 PM »

COLLATERAL DAMAGE has been pushed back.  Here's a link to a news item on it:

COLLATERAL DAMAGE pushed back
Jim Hepler
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2001, 12:57:58 PM »

Stuff like in the Siege might start happening.  There have already been a lot of racist attacks on Muslims/Arabic people in my area, though of course I live near Dearborn.  

That's probably the reason I've never been particularly patriotic.  The US does a lot of great stuff, but there is nearly as much bad stuff...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Collateral Damage probably going bye-bye, for now. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.