Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:10:50 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf opinion « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Werewolf opinion  (Read 9132 times)
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »

what about "The company of wolfes " neil jordanĀ“s 1984 film, i think its a great film even i have read in many reviews its a bit boring i find  delitious. saw "romasanta "too and i have to admit that im impressed, at last the fantastic factory did a decent film, i must be dreaming, right???

Post Edited (05-18-04 15:27)

pauli
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 03:41:06 PM »

I like THE COMPANY OF WOLVES, though the werewolves are pretty weak IMO.

I liked the Ginger wolf in GINGER SNAPS too that nobody has mentioned.

My favorite is hands down AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 05:27:45 PM »

Now I agree, American Werewolf in London was also an awesome film. I have seen Howling 2 in the 5 dollar bin at Wal Mart, but it looks so awful and I did read the review here as well.

Really quickly though, I just do not know how you can like American werewolf in London and not like American Werewolf in Paris. They both had the talking to the restless spirits (and the ghosts in Paris were excellently done without CGI) While the transformation and many scenes were CGI, I felt they were rather seamless and well done as were the bungee jumping scenes. It has a lot of the same humor and some wonderful stereotypes and the werewolves are big and bad. I have seen much worse CGI in any case, and while LOTR didn't use much, there were still many big CGI uses (such as the giant spider and Ogres and Dragon things). Ah well. I just feel the remake definitely caught the spirit of the first movie and even had a handicapped werewolf to boot.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 05:42:44 PM »

Yes Scott, we must remember that tortured soul Larry Talbot, Lon Chaney Jr.'s best  part.

I also wanted to comment that one of the worst looking werewolves I've seen was Bradford Dillman in  Moon of the Wolf , a 1972  TV movie. The movie is actually pretty good with David Jansen as the sheriff of  a  small Louisiana town trying to figure out what killed a little girl. The makeup is terrible though, but then it was TV in 1972 .

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jim H
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 05:44:54 PM »

An American Werewolf in Paris's humor doesn't work very well, its plotting isn't as good, the acting isn't as good, the special effects aren't as good...  Yeah.

Anyways, I like the Howling's wolves best, I guess.  Really, I think any werewolf who is a large part wolf is great.  I don't like the "Wolfman" look in old movies, where they're a furry guy with pointy teeth.  Much prefer the ones who at least have a muzzle.
Eirik
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 11:40:28 PM »

Derf, I am certain you are right...  but I only wanted to comment on movies that I had seen (or was willing to ADMIT that I saw :) )
TheFeen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 04:42:32 AM »

How about John Saxon and Susan Blakely in My Moms a Werewolf for the worst. They made Teenwolf look cool.

'Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?'
JohnL

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2004, 06:47:52 AM »

When I started reading this thread, the werewolves in the originla Howling were what first popped into my mind too. I always liked the scene in the doctor's office where her friend is snooping around and encounters the fully transformed werewolf.

For best movie overall, I'd have to say An American Werewolf in London.

As for worst werewolf, that would probably be the star of the kids show Big Wolf on Campus, which the Family channel was airing for a while a couple years ago.
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 12:37:17 AM »

He's not the first, but Paul Naschy always put on a unique wolfman.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 06:56:04 AM »

How can you think the Werewolfs in Paris were better than in under world Evan3? I'll admit that Underworld was not a great movie but the Werewolfs in that movie were probably the best example of werewolfs in a movie that I have seen.
In Paris it was so easy to tell that the werewolfs were cgi and really bad cgi at that. And while there was some cgi used in Underworld, mainly for tranformations, most of it was guys in costums.

Post Edited (05-20-04 07:01)

Smells like popcorn and shame
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 03:28:56 PM »

I'd have to say that Michael J. Fox in "Teen Wolf" was SLIGHTLY (very slightly) better than Jason Bateman in "Teen Wolf Too".  But that's really sort of nitpicking.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 03:32:23 PM »

Thanks for making me feel old, dude.

Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 03:42:13 PM »

As stupid a movie as it was, I thought the werewolf in "Van Helsing" looked hella cool.  I'm usually not a big fan of CGI in my monster movies, but I think it worked okay this time.  Usually when an effects team tries to make a "big and imposing" werewolf, it ends up looking like a muppet with a hump on its back.

Susan
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 06:12:03 PM »

Ok kinda off topic but i have this quote stuck in my head, what's it from?

Someone says "werewolf", and someone else replies "there a wolf"
ring a bell?

odinn7

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 10:13:25 PM »

That's from Young Frankenstein...I love that movie.

From Drew's Script-O-Rama:

FREDDY: Werewolf.
IGOR: There.
FREDDY: I beg your pardon?
IGOR: There wolf! There castle!
FREDDY:  Why are you talking like that?
IGOR: I thought you wanted to.
FREDDY: No.
IGOR: Suit yourself...I'm easy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf opinion « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.