Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:56:40 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf opinion « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Werewolf opinion  (Read 9112 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2004, 06:21:22 AM »

>Ok kinda off topic but i have this quote stuck in my head, what's it from?

Weird, the same quote popped into my head too! I figured it was Young Frankenstein, but wasn't 100% sure till now.
Eirik
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 08:32:16 AM »

"I'd have to say that Michael J. Fox in "Teen Wolf" was SLIGHTLY (very slightly) better than Jason Bateman in "Teen Wolf Too". But that's really sort of nitpicking."

*****  Yeah, that's sort of like saying Lincoln had a slightly better time at the theater than Kennedy did in Dallas.
Kory
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2004, 06:17:06 AM »

Young Frankenstein
a.v.
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2004, 07:34:54 AM »

Just have a look at Fangoria Gastly Reviews of June 2004... it seems that we have a wonderful new entry.... "one of the best werewolf movie ever made"... what's the movie? .... ROMASANTA...
Jay
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2004, 09:49:34 AM »

Mmmmm... I don't remember the werewolfes on "Dog soldiers" being that good. They looked quite static and expression-less to me, but the did quite a good job disguising that with the camerawork, at least in their first appearences.

I was going to say pretty much thye same thing.  The full body shots were pretty obviously guys on stilts and the head masks were fairly lifeless.  Over all, a decent movie, but the werewolves worked best the less they were seen
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 10:53:49 AM »

Does anyone remember the series Werewolf on FOX.  It was one  of their first shows when they only had programming on Saturday and Sunday night.  

It starred John J. York  as a college student turned werewolf who had to hunt down the first of   his line to remove the curse. He originally thought it was Chuck Connors a salty old sailor , but after he killed him he found out it was a 2000 year old werewolf/college professor played by Brian Thompson. The show ran for 29 episodes.

The werewolves were designed by Rick Baker and Greg Cammon.  The were pretty mean looking.

If you don't remember it or never saw it you can check it out here:

http://www.werewolftv.com/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2004, 11:29:02 AM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> Does anyone remember the series Werewolf on FOX.  It was one
> of their first shows when they only had programming on Saturday
> and Sunday night.  

Yeah, I remember it.  It was pretty impressive for a TV show about werewolves.
JohnL

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2004, 02:29:10 AM »

I remember it too. I was disappointed that they cancelled it without filming a conclusion to the story.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2004, 01:49:40 PM »

Actually, going back to the first post, I'd have flipped "Van Helsing" and "Dog Soldiers." (IMHO) the audioanimatronic and people-on-stilts werewolves in "Dog Soldiers" look better then the CGI werewolves in "Van Helsing." The problem with CGI werewolves (IMHO) is that you lose the humanity that is inside every werewolf.
For deep inside all that hair and fur, there is always a person trying to get out.

Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2004, 08:42:26 PM »

BoyScoutKevin wrote:

> For deep inside all that hair and fur, there is always a person
> trying to get out.
>

I can see your point, but I thought Van Helsing  did a very good job of portraying that very fact. For example, the brother kept fighting, and ripping himself out of the werewolf. The various sheddings I felt were a cool idea.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 11:02:06 AM »

And I can see your point, and I agree with it, but, when a werewolf iis a werewolf and done in CGI, as they were in "Van Helsing," (IMHO) you cannot help but lose the humanity that still remains within the werewolf, because, at least in this case, the werewolf  part is so exaggerated. Something again (IMHO) you cannot lose, when a man puts on a werewolf costume, because, then they still look like a human to some extent.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 11:36:37 PM »

[/i]you cannot help but lose the humanity that still remains within the werewolf[/i]

Tell that to Gollum

It's not the mechanism it's the care and execution

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2004, 02:29:39 PM »

We were talking about werewolves not Gollums. And I agree, care and execution are important, but, I have yet to see any CGI werewolf that I prefer  over the way that werewolves use to be done in movies from the past. Maybe some day, I'll see a CGI werewolf that I prefer, but not yet.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2004, 07:38:17 PM »

We were talking about werewolves not Gollums. And I agree, care and execution are important, but, I have yet to see any CGI werewolf that I prefer over the way that werewolves use to be done in movies from the past.

Well, my point is that what you don't like about CG werewolves is really because of how they are done in terms of care and execution, not really the technology used to realize them.  I mean, Gollum and Jar Jar *did* have character and if you haven't seen it in a CG werewolf yet it's just because the artsts weren't goood at doing it, not really the CG itself.

Note: I have not seen Val Helsing yet but I've seen a lot of stupid 'traditional' monsters to I have no great love for 'traditional' effects over CG.  It really comes down to the skill of the artists

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf opinion « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.