Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:01 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Godzilla vs. Megaguirus « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. Megaguirus  (Read 2469 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 23, 2004, 10:00:33 PM »

And the latest review is up, at long last..  I just wish that the opponent and, by that, the fights had been better.  For the most part "Godzilla 2000" kept me disappointed, except for one shot with him wading near the bridge.  The sorry enemy was just cream on top.  In this one, so many of the shots were fantastic and the human story was not terribly distracting.  Oh well.

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 10:12:55 PM »

All right three slimes! I was afraid you were going to give it two. I thought the fight was awesome I mean it had so many cool moves and stuff in it. *spoiler* like when Mega is flying toward G and suddenly G ducks and Mega flies over Mega and there's a flash and Mega seems fine but then one of his pincers shifts and then falls off (boy I sure said "And" a lot). Oh well at least you thought the monster was good and the humans weren't so bad this time. Good review.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Jay
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 10:16:07 PM »

I just read the first Ranma 1/2 Manga and watched some of the Anime (yeah, I've liked the Anime for years)  This completes my Japanese Cultural Experience for the weekend, thanks
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 03:05:06 AM »

Am I looking at this page from a timewarp, or did you already do a review of this sometime around a year ago?

Brother RJay wrote:

> I just read the first Ranma 1/2 Manga and watched some of the
> Anime (yeah, I've liked the Anime for years)  This completes my
> Japanese Cultural Experience for the weekend, thanks

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 05:49:43 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Am I looking at this page from a timewarp, or did you already
> do a review of this sometime around a year ago?

That would be operator error.  I was doing the update while working our normal evening routine, which includes Jenna.  She is heck on my proofreading.  It now correctly reads 2004, vice 2003.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:29:51 PM »

One question...

How is Megaguirus properly pronounced?
What's the correct way to say it?

Post Edited (05-24-04 18:30)
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 11:46:36 PM »

ASHTHECAT: What's the correct way to say it?>

I think it's MEGA-guy-rus, or MEGA-goo-I-rus. But I just say on habit MEGA-gur-gur-err-us.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 08:50:35 AM »

"Big-ass-bug."
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:37:11 AM »

Ya, Andrew!
Yeah, its not perfect, but it still rocks.
Notice the highly visable wires when the big bug finaly takes wing? Was the editor drunk when that went out the door?
Sure...the Major could have shot the Kenny...but the bug would have hatched in a rural setting, not the city...and city is always a better place to raise havoc!
Yes, the kid is a kenny...just less annoying then some.
Now if Kenny Blankenship were the kenny....
"Wow. That bug took down Godzilla like a keg of Budwiser at a Frat kegger!"
"Indeed."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jay
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 07:20:57 AM »

LOL @ Nathan
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 12:30:20 PM »

Anybody else remember the black hole gun from the crappy third season of Star Blazers? The first time I saw Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, I wondered if the idea was ripped off from there. Silly as the anti-Godzilla version was, the Bolar Federation's gun was even sillier. It kept shooting black holes at the Argo until there were a whole bunch of them just floating around in the middle of the solar system.

Just the idea of making a black hole and shooting it at somebody makes me wonder how many people even understand what a black hole is. Still, it's a cool weapon. Would take a lot of guts to test something like that. For all they know, it might swallow the earth as soon as it's fired up. Personally, I'd rather live with Godzilla than find out.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Haze
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 12:53:24 PM »

Some of the complaints about this movie are well found, the writing is slapdash, the pace is erratic (hitting fluent to stagnant on various occassions), and the movie also suffers from some glaring technical problems.

However...

In the final fight, you may notice that director Tezuka was not only homaging to older godzilla films, but I detected a hint of old chop-sockey films from the sixties and seventies. There were shots that blatantly were designed as the square off scene (where the monsters stare down each other and begin to circle) and the ever immortal "clash of the swords" moment, followed by "the fall of the enemy" scene (they are both tied together, but nonetheless they have become staples of the martial arts genre).

I think the film is rather entertaining, but wouldn't rate it much higher than three slimes either.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 12:07:06 AM »

Personally, I think this was one of the worst of the new Godzillas.  It's better than most of the 80/90's Godzillas, but not by much.

(Part of my problem is that I saw the wires on Megaguirus in one of its scenes.  And I never see wires - don't ask me why but its true.  One would have thought that, in this day and age, you could digitally erase such things...)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Godzilla vs. Megaguirus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.