Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:22:01 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wanderers & Lords of Flatbush « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wanderers & Lords of Flatbush  (Read 7051 times)
Scott
« on: March 04, 2001, 11:42:59 AM »

Anyone ever see THE WANDERERS or THE LORDS OF FLATBUSH? They were fun films with Fonzie type characters.

American Graffiti
Wild One
Rebel Without a Cause

Any other films out there like these?
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 06:01:06 AM »

The one of the best films of this type was The Warriors by Walter Hill.The running DJ commentary has been copied/sampled by loads of rock groups (eg Pop will eat itself - can you kick it).
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 01:18:38 PM »

The Warriors was based on a Greek legend first written down by Aescelus circa 450 B.C.  More proof that there are very few really new stories out there.
Not really a '50's genre film, but youth gangs anyway . . ..
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2001, 02:18:50 PM »

I love THE WARRIORS.  I was making fun of it for years after I first saw it.  Especially the beginning scene, where all the gangs are riding the subway.  Being gangs you'd think they'd jump the turnstiles, but no, they all dutifully put their tokens in.  Maybe the filmmakers couldn't get permits?  Nah, this is New York.

And everybody uses the phrase "Can you dig it?"  Everybody.

THE WARRIORS is high entertainment.  Where else can you see a gang dressed up in baseball uniforms and face paint?
Scott
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2001, 11:28:14 PM »

Yes, THE WARRIORS is good filmmaking. Anyone ever see THE CROSS AND THE SWITCHBLADE?
Adam Bomb
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2001, 04:06:12 PM »

Last year, Columbia/Tri-Star put the movie "Hollywood Knights" back into print for its 20th year anniversary on video and dvd and I'm sure if you enjoyed those two movies, you should have a great time with this one. It stars Tony Danza, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert Wuhl, Fran Drescher, Stuart Pankin, and Gailard Sartain (from the Ernest flicks) and the plot centers around a gang in the early 60s known as the Hollywood Knights (led by Wuhl), who spend their last day at a drive-in getting into as much trouble as they can pulling off all kinds of pranks and driving the cops up a wall. Nice to see this film back in print again since I used to watch it on HBO a lot when I was younger. It would rank high on my guilty pleasures list; it's a very entertaining movie with a great soundtrack and lots of cheap laughs (most of which work). My favorite scene would have to be Wuhl's flatulent rendition of the song "Volare." I got the dvd copy at home which has a great commentary track with the director, who discusses about making the movie and the impression it leaves today. Its worth listening to.

Adam Bomb
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wanderers & Lords of Flatbush « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.