Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:39:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm trying to ID this film I saw once... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm trying to ID this film I saw once...  (Read 1353 times)
Writer
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:30:25 AM »

A long time ago on late-night TV, I saw a really weird film that was something like a cross between a western and a biker film.

The plot goes like this: a big bad evil punk (or biker, or something like that) kills a teen's parents. The orphan sets out on the road in their car trying to track the guy down to get revenge on him, accompanied by a heavyset punkish friend. On the way, the punkish friend experiences a lot of weird dream sequences about the oppression of Indians (or "Native Americans" as they're called now) who are (I think) his ancestors, and begins to turn into some kind of Indian brave himself.

The whole thing climaxes with a showdown between the orphan and the guy who killed his parents. The showdown could be something out of  an old western except that this is set roughly in the present (which I think is sometime during the 1980s or 1990s), so the showdown takes place in an abandoned factory or warehouse or something like that. I forget exactly what part the guy channeling an Indian brave plays in this showdown, though I'm pretty sure he was there.

I thought the film was called "Gunslingers" or "Slingers" but I haven't been able to turn  it up in my searches. Does anybody know what film I'm talking about? It's gotten rather hazy in my memory, so I may have misplaced a few of the details, but a few things about it were particularly memorable to me:

- I'm pretty sure the title had something to do with guns. In any case, when it appears in the opening credits, it's introduced with the sound of a ricochet.

- The orphan kid meets the villain in a bar at one point. The villain, apparently unaware of who he is, asks the kid what he thinks of his looks (or something like that) and the kid replies, to the villain's amusement, "Butt ugly."

- The kid gets into some consternation about his Indian brave friend's new behavior and speech pattern when he asks him something and his friend says (rather stereotypically perhaps) "I fine."

Does anybody here know what film I'm talking about? I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give me IDing this piece.
Darkautumn
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:39:49 AM »

Sounds like "Dudes" (I think that was the name.) It was a mid-eighties film with Jon Cryer and Daniel Roebuck as his big punk Indian pal. If those two are in the one you're thinking of, then that's definitely the one.
damian
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:08:37 PM »

Thats a great movie. Its been a long time since I've seen it, but I liked it. My favorite part was when his friend dressed up like an Indian the first time. He woke up and his friend was dressed in what he thought was an Indian outfit with a spur on his head. It was great.
Writer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 09:15:33 PM »

Yeah, that's the film! I guess my memory misled me on a few particulars, but when I saw the cover for this, I knew the two guys were the ones I'd seen on TV all those years ago. Looks like it's the world's one-and-only punk western movie!
qinwei
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 09:33:32 AM »

i can't say something about it ,i can hardly understand what have you said
,because i from china ,i am not good at english,i want to make some friends who can teach me english.
if you like ,please eamil to master920bbs@hotmail.com

also i'll tell you a lot about our china~ ^_^
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm trying to ID this film I saw once... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.