Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:40:05 PM
714320 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What would you do if you could stop time? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What would you do if you could stop time?  (Read 4467 times)
I luv dolma
« on: May 30, 2004, 11:18:43 PM »

I personally would go and feel up every single hot babe I could find and play pranks on people. I would also use it as a snooze button in the morning so I can get an extra few minutes or even a few hours while the rest of the world is paused. I doubt I would steal from anyone.
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 12:42:01 AM »

As well as do a few perverted things here and there I'd read a ton of comic books without the storekeeper saying "This ain't a library!". And when I need a extra hour of free time before I go to some after school thing ,hey, no problem. Wasn't there a crappy Nickoldion movie a few years ago about stopping time?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 02:59:15 AM »

Go back to a year ago April 11, roundabout 9 p.m., and stay there forever, or until we got really really hungry.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
chrysalis!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 08:15:48 AM »

watching manos and meatcleaver massacre without wasting time
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 12:58:58 PM »

I admit it, I would probably steal, though only from banks  [they have insurance]and I wouldn't get excessive about it, just enough to get by without working, though I guess I'd probably still have to work just because it's hard to secure housing, especially to own real estate, with large sums of cash--even if I deposited it, that would be reported to the government, and I'd get audited--and sure, I could stop time and depants the IRS auditor but they could still get me....you really wouldn't want to get to the point where you got into so much trouble that you had to stop time permanently.  

I'd probably play pranks on people who annoyed me, and yeah, I'd probably mess with hot chicks as well, at least at first--I could see the novelty wearing off after a while...sort of like playing a video game in god mode.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 01:36:27 PM »

Stealing sounds pretty tempting, and I wouldn't mind getting into a few highly secure places the public never sees. My mind is also filling with potential pranks as I type.

In terms of honest uses, it would sure come in handy on one of those days that just don't have enough hours for all that needs to be done. You could get your whole day's work done with no pressure, and take the whole day off. You could clean the house without losing your Saturday. There would always be time to go to the gym.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 01:43:49 PM »

Stealing sounds pretty tempting? its absolutely tempting, in fact i think its one of those things i would do for sure, clean the house?? no way,  with the money of the bank i could pay someone to do it for me, and for first time in my life i could go to the cinema to watch all movies i want for free, it sounds great i will keep dreaming a bit :)

pauli
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »

I guess what I could do is pay all non-housing expenses with stolen cash via money orders then I could use my entire salary to pay for housing and so could afford more...

Work would be easier if I could stop time, though right now i'm in retail so time stoppage wouldn't really make my job easier other than being able to humilate rude customers.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 02:31:12 PM »

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I would definitely be filling my gas tank for free.

The prank lobe of my brain seems to have kicked into high gear as well. You could play the ghost, the eerie vision. You appear out of nowhere, stare at somebody for a few seconds and poof, you're gone.

Better still, you could really mess with people at meetings and other gatherings. This would take a few weeks preparation, because you might need to grow a beard. Go out for a business lunch or a coffee break with someone, then whenever your companion looks away from you, stop time, go to the bathroom and shave off part of the beard. Every time he looks back, you'd have a beard, goatee with sideburns, goatee, Col. Sanders, mustache, Charlie Chaplin, nothing at all. That would really mess with somebody. Question is, would you have a chance to shave the entire beard, or would he freak out completely long before that. If you were really committed to the joke, you could also stop time for a few weeks and grow the beard back.

---------------------
Jay
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 02:50:40 PM »

What do you mean  "if I could"  ?
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 03:35:37 AM »

>Wasn't there a crappy Nickoldion movie a few years ago about stopping time?

Are you thinking of Clockstoppers? Technically, they didn't stop time, they just sped themselves up so fast that everyone else seemed to be standing still.
Susan
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 07:27:51 PM »

Wow, the ability the stop time. The possibilites are endless!

yet all you guys wanna do is feel girls up?

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 07:54:42 AM »

Susan wrote:
> yet all you guys wanna do is feel girls up?
>

To be fair, I wanted to mess with people's minds. That and get free gas.

---------------------
dean
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »

Hmm... so all us guys would just be going to feel girls up?

I'm sure we can be more creative than that, although I admit that it would be something to do, it's not the first thing that comes to mind when stopping time.  

What, then would you do Susan, as opposed to feeling gals up?

This actually reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Bart gets a stopwatch that stops time and he and Milhouse end up doing heaps of Pranks on everyone.  There was actually some funny stuff in there, but as per usual, nothing lasts forever and time is eventually stopped permanently when the watch is broken, leaving the boys in limbo with the rest of time at a standstill.

It's kinda funny how they try and stay sane by playing with the frozen characters.

Anyway, stopping time would definitely help in the essay department [time is something i have little of] and the possibilities for pranks and silliness is endless, but did anyone decide to use this power for good?

I present to you: The Bad-Movie Time stopping hero people!

They stop time and use their powers to help world peace, ease the suffering of the poor and hungry, and to find and kill all producers thinking of doing a remake of a good film and trying to make it appeal to a mass audience by "making all the characters 30 year old actors playing teenagers''

Trust me, with this power, we can all make this world a better place!
Susan
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 07:31:05 PM »

Well feeling girls up without them knowing borders on the type of people who drug them so I don't see how one could have a conscience and do that, the fantasy I can understand but realistically..i dunno.

Me? i'd have to think about the possibilities, hard to come up with a truly ingenious plan to rule the world or anything.  For one i'd probably relive all my childhood fantasies..god knows when i was a kid i wanted more than anything to win one of those toys r us shopping sprees. I think it would be fun, even as an adult, to just have a whole day at the toystore! I'd also watch movies for free because theaters rip us off..that my conscience can live with ;-)

It's too bad stopping time can't come along with walking through walls, as I'd love to be able to see how all my neighbors have their home decorated - but then maybe that's just a girl thing. Tho i'd have alot of fun going to really RICH homes...say, just how long can we keep time stopped? ;-)

Practical jokes is fun, switching people's meals at a restaurant when they're eating and watching the confusion. It would be neat to incorpoerate that talent with fighting crime, wouldn't it be cool to foil a bank robbery even if it's cliche. on the dark side of my soul i'd probably stop time everytime some jerk cut me off or got hostile driving arond me. I'm not sure if i'd have all the airs slowly leak from his tires or....

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What would you do if you could stop time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.