Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:08:37 PM
714361 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What would you do if you could stop time? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would you do if you could stop time?  (Read 4468 times)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 08:48:47 PM »

if I could stop time....

This doesn't really pose the question if I could go back or forward in time, but this is probably what I would do if I could stop time:

I'd want to use the power to save people from car accidents, train wrecks, and stuff like that.

Stopping time during a cricital surgery could help doctors recuperate, and you could take a person out of a burning building or a car before it hits a telephone pole, or save a little kid from a stray bullet - the possibilities are truly endless, as Susan said.

That's the first thing that hits me as a good use for this power.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 08:52:47 PM »

Susan wrote:
> through walls, as I'd love to be able to see how all my
> neighbors have their home decorated - but then maybe that's
> just a girl thing.

You know, I don't think it is. My wife and I have been doing a lot of redecorating and renovation to our house, and have noticed that a few neighbours are doing the same. The interesting thing is that most of the houses on our street are the exact same design with different brick, siding, roof, etc., and all are about the age that they will have gotten some work done on them. Looking at the things we've done, I'd be very interested in seeing the other houses.

Mind you, that could be done simply by getting to know those people, or even organizing some sort of neighbourhood open house event. Stopping time and snooping is actually kind of antisocial.

Now, if you wanted to go through their dressers and bedroom closets to see what kind of kinky stuff they're into, that's a different matter.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Eirik
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2004, 09:32:54 PM »

As the father of three, I'd sit down, close my eyes, and enjoy some #&^$% peace and quiet.
Kory
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2004, 10:14:53 PM »

I work in a police department... I have SOOOOOOO many ideas... arson... murder...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 11:24:35 AM »

The possibilities for police are intriguing. As soon as an alarm is received, you just stop time, head over to the address and catch the thieves seconds after they gain entry.

Police officers and their vehicles would need to be immune, of course.

Vandals could be frozen as they're running away, and prowlers and suspicious persons could be kept in place. That shifty asphalt salesman could be kept at the door. There would be no more responding to complaints only to find nobody around. When somebody calls, just stop time and take a look. Domestic disputes could be put on pause until somebody arrives. Missing persons wouldn't have a chance to go any farther. Violent people could be safely cuffed and put in the car before they know what's happened. It would put an end to standoffs and hostage situations.

If judges were also immune, you could also get search warrants in a jiffy, and execute them before anything can be touched.

Of course, this tool could probably only be used by one relatively small police department or time would never move. Then again, once word gets around that cops seem to magically appear at every crime, things might calm down. Or it could just be reserved for emergencies.

Come to think of it, fire departments and paramedics could also make great use of this power.

Post Edited (06-03-04 11:26)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 02:22:50 PM »

Brother R.  was that when we went to see what's her name in that play up in Wisconsin?

Kory
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:57 AM »

Wow- I can't believe how right on you are!  That's pretty astounding.
Anonymous User
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2004, 01:14:31 AM »

I don't know,
but I'm pretty sure it would involve a big yellow jacket and all the throwing knives I could carry...
;D

Fluffy CatFood
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2004, 04:17:03 AM »

I'd find people who I didnt like and repeatedly punch them in the face, or I'd get them in mid stride and perch them on the edge of a cliff then start time up again
Susan
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2004, 06:10:42 PM »

seeing this topic revived today another thought comes to mind much more sinister and evil and would probably involve me making my supervisors life a living hell as she does mine...

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What would you do if you could stop time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.