Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:37 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT - I'm a bad neighbour « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OT - I'm a bad neighbour  (Read 9009 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2004, 02:59:34 AM »

>Asset Seizure laws are the single biggest reason rational drug
>laws/enforcement will never happen: drug law enforcement is now tied to an
>agency making money. One of the departments I worked for a few years back
>funded a new weight room for the department with seized assets. A whole lot of
>people have their fingers in the seized asset pie, and will likely never let that
>revenue stream go.

I'm hoping that those laws get overturned one day. Asset Seizure should only be permitted when the person is convicted of a crime. The very fact that asset seizure is allowed to happen without a conviction tells me that they know damn well that the people they're seizing stuff from probably haven't done anything wrong. There's something very wrong with this...
Hooligan
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2004, 01:08:56 PM »

I think you should put some dog crap in a bag,put it on his porch,lite it on fire and ring the doorbell and run
Susan
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2004, 07:01:25 PM »

Andy, maybe you can just slip this on his bumper sticker:

He sounds like just the kind of guy who might appreciate it. See i'm vindictive in a different way....lol

But seriously, keep at it. I once had a neighbor with a non stop barking dog. I called the cops and they slapped him with some kind of notice that said he had to shut the dog up. And..it worked, I don't know if it he bought a muzzle or one of those things that zaps your dog whenever it barks but he took a visit from the cops. If the neighbors know at least one person is speaking out they are more likely to back you up with further complaints should there be problems in the future. I hope not but it always seems like there's one guy like this on the street

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2004, 07:29:59 PM »

It's Friday, and if this guy is going to light off the rest of his fireworks, it's his first real opportunity since the shouting match of last Saturday night. One bang, one flash, and the cops will be paying a visit. I'll let you know if anything happens.

You know, it's only just occurred to me, but I wonder if this is the same neighbour who was lighting fireworks in the middle of the day last month. The banging and whistling freaked the dogs out while my wife was trying to groom them on the side porch. That sounded like it came from a different direction, but from where we were listening, it could have bounced off another house. It didn't really bother me, it was just a weird thing for somebody to do.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 12:18:27 AM »

"dumb as a bag of hammers "

That ranks up there with, "as useless as a screen door on a submarine"

Hehe!

Post Edited (06-12-04 04:51)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

Looks like the saga is ended. I wasn't bothered at all this weekend. I wonder if I've deterred the guy, or that he shared the story with other people who were less inclined to see him as the innocent victim. Either way, there haven't been fireworks in over a week. In a way, I'm disappointed because I was all ready to nail him, but peace and quiet is what it was all about.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
raj

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2004, 05:48:48 PM »

He's just lulling you all into a false sense of security.  Then, one night, when you least expect it:  Wham!  Lots o' rockets.
Kory
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2004, 03:16:35 AM »

I work for a police department in California- if someone is disturbing your peace at ANY time of the day or night, you're free to sign a citizen's arrest for PC415.  Fireworks are illegal in my city, though, so no citizen's arrest is needed for that here.
Yvette
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »

I am not a bad neighbor.I have never been arrested in my life , I work for the school district, I know how to follow rules. However I am on vacation and the management who lives right next door to me just gave me a citizens arrest the day before yesterday. I cant  believe it. Many probably think big deal but it is to me. For one its a lie! they have been on my back about anything you can think of all the way to the color I painted my trailor.(blue) Baby blue.... anyway the point is I dont know what I am in for in court. I  think its so unfair I may have to pay a fine for something I didnt even do. I had music  on yes however I asked y husband  to go outside and make sure it was not loud. Also, It was at the same volume for at least 3 hours and the management never came by till they went outside to plant some flowers and he is always looking for reasons to pester me. My music wasnt even on when the police officer got there. How do I proove my innocence? I shouldnt have to pay for my neighbor hating me and I have other things to do with my money like spend it on bills rent , food  and my beautiful daughter. I cant afford to be paying fines? and where does it end? He can call the police right now and say anything he wants.Someone please give me some advice. I want to move asap but I cant afford it right now..:(
JohnL

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2004, 07:10:34 PM »

>Someone please give me some advice.

Are you friends with any of the neighbors? If so, did any of them hear the music? Maybe one of them could be your witness.
VC
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2004, 11:33:39 PM »

My heart goes out to you!  Two days ago my husband was convicted of the same charge and found guilty.  He awaits sentencing this coming week.  Our closest neighbor testified that they didn't even hear the music.  He even collected signatures from a dozen other neighbors saying that they have never been disturbed by loud music.  My husband chose a jury trial believing that no one would believe our complaining neighbor.  If he had originally admitted guilt he would have been given a $140 fine with 2 years probation.  Now he faces up to 90 days in jail and a $400 fine.  I used to believe that our justice system was a fair one.  As a teacher I even encouraged my students that they could depend on our police and our legal system.  What a fool I was.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT - I'm a bad neighbour « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.