Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:31:42 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Bad Attitudes in the Work Place « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: Bad Attitudes in the Work Place  (Read 3461 times)
Susan
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 06:06:59 PM »

I've come to realize that work is nothing more than replaying grade school all over...except you dress nicer.  I even get graded by auditors...how do you like that?

Eirik
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 06:40:34 PM »

"That is a rough decision Eirik. But what's this guys deal? Does he have a family or anyone else to support?"

The guy does not have a family or anyone to support, but frankly that wouldn't enter into my calculations if he did since lives can be at stake when people in my line do their work poorly.  He needs to go find something else to do for a living.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 08:58:24 PM »

>I've come to realize that work is nothing more than replaying grade school all >over...except you dress nicer.

Hell, at my job we don't even do that...in fact, the managers are often the sloppiest dressers in the entire store!  The head honcho dresses business casual but all the other supervisory types wear jeans/t-shirt just about every day...sometimes they even wear sweats.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 12:17:34 AM »

maria paula wrote:

> since im a resident doctor....

Didn't know you were a doc.  My wife is a pediatric resident.  

Sometimes she thinks the other docs would question our taste in movies.  I myself have brought up "Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl a Rama" at a doctor party...that was fun, and the looks I got....priceless.

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 01:13:38 AM »

then im sure she knows what im talking about .................................... anyway.
i havent heard about this movie, it sounds pretty weird, im doing researching so its better not to tell to my other co-workers  that one of my fav fims is "reanimator"

pauli
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 12:38:55 AM »

i suggest you send them the eric bana flick CHOPPER and act like it's the greatest flick in the world.

that'd keep me away, or at least motivate me to stay on your good side.

for real: i worked for a german engineering company that was OFFICE SPACE to the Nth degree. i just up and left after five years of ladder climbing and have had several jobs since, just trying different things. i am now in a position to help as a producer on indy films...gotta start somewhere

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 10:29:27 AM »

LoL. yeah either that or a Mario Van Peebles film festival, i'm sure both would be sufficient torture. well that's awesome that you're getting to work on indie films, i wish you well in your career. that's the inspiration i hold onto to get through my job, everyday i tell myself: "one day, i'll be doing something better than this!"
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2004, 11:30:32 AM »

a good way to get involved is find work at a film festival, they usually need volunteers. they are also well attended by independent directors. often the festivals are organized by directors. for a small indy dvd of 70 min. or so, the amount needed to be a producer, and i use that term a little loosely because you'll probably wind up doing a lot of miscellaneous tasks, isn't really that pricey. small films often have well over ten associate producers.

take care.

Post Edited (06-12-04 11:41)

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 01:31:35 PM »

awesome. thanks for the info mr. henry. i've heard that producing is probably one of the best ways to break into the film industry. but one day when i'm out of the service i also want to go to film school and quite possibly go into cinematography. poor indie filmmakers always need a great DP, but being a producer sounds nice also, you still get to help a lot of people get their projects off the ground.
The Shadow
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 07:19:37 AM »

I had to leave my last job because the managers I worked for thought 'organization' was an online version of the game "Operation".

Now, I am no saint - I have plenty of organizational problems and I can admit that. But when I was struggling to keep myself motivated, and my supervisors would NEVER call back customers with issues and I was the only person they remember speaking to, it got very tiresome. My supervisors were not computer savvy, and the program we inherited to "streamline" the office screwed up about 800 accounts that I had to fix. By hand. One night I stayed there until midnight to try and catch up. 10 months of that crap was all I could stand.

Funny thing, once I quit, the branch manager got fired a month later!
Kory
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2004, 03:41:42 AM »

I work in a PD and, for awhile, things were getting better.  The old, lazy guys were retiring and, in the process, weeding out the really irritating ones.  Then we hired a new dispatcher and a few things changed:

1- We are, apparantly, back in high school.  We are hearing high schooll prases being used about high school problems.  Mind you, she's only 3 months younger than me, but apparantly grasping tightly to her glory years.

2- Because she was the princess growing up, she must now be the princess here.  All must love her, adore her, and cater to her every need.  She must be coddled and is NEVER to be disciplined.

3- Life is HER show.  Her life is a Drama.  Therefore, my day at work is now a Drama.

There is enough to deal with in this place without her crap.  She's giving me nightmares.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 07:46:54 AM »

I feel your pain Kory. I'm currently in a situation where a couple of geeks I thought were my friends have ditched me for a girl they haven't even known for 1 month. Oh and she's engaged to a man back home (she's only here temporarily). There's a lot of other dramatic facts that are going on here, and I'm sorry to bore everyone with such remedial issues, but like the subjects we have all been talking about: it saddens and amazes me how people in the real world still behave like they are in high school.

Post Edited (06-16-04 16:37)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Bad Attitudes in the Work Place « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.