Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:30:54 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just checking in « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 3174 times)
Andrew
« on: September 15, 2001, 11:18:16 AM »

Things are busy right now, but mostly the military is in a "hurry up and wait" position.  We are taking serious anti-terrorism measures while awaiting word from the nation's leaders of what is to be done.

I plan a few months ahead on reviews so that, if called away, a new movie can still be posted every weekend for about three months.  Beyond that the site is kinda screwed, though with such kind offers of help it might be feasible to work out something.

Now, to address a very intelligent and serious debate I read through on the board.

History has proved that our country has done some things in the past that are subject to reproach.  However, by and large, the influence of the American people on its elected officials ensures accountability.  It is one of the reasons our free press is so important.  Looking at other countries: Russia with widespread corruption, China's civil rights nightmare, Germany spawning two huge wars, fighting in Northern Ireland, and some countries civil wars that turn into genocide, I do not think that we are inherently evil.

The terrorists we are now seeking to destroy hate us on a very basic level.  We are Satan personified to them, this coming through years of rhetoric.  In some cases these are factions or individuals we supported at one time, such as when Russia invaded Afghanistan.  We didn't attack their country, raze villages, and kill thousands of innocents on purpose.  Making my country into their object of hatred and violence is almost impossible to understand; and I've spent much time studying the issues.

Innocent people die in war, it is a cold, hard fact.  Attacking the terrorist institutions is going to result in innocent lives lost, but they have been using that very pitfall to limit our retaliation.  Would you ever see a U.S. military unit locating their facilities next to a preschool or hospital?  No, we do not believe in such things.

The World Trade Center was not a military target.  The men who piloted those two planes knew that massive civilian casualties would result.  They didn't care.  Wait, actually they did, they rejoiced.  When the men and women of America's armed forces bring war to the parties responsible I can guarantee you that we will seek to avoid any innocent lives being lost and honestly mourn those that are.  We, the great Satan, have more of a conscience than our enemies.

Andrew
Law Dog
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 11:27:42 AM »

We are with you in our hearts and our minds, Andrew.

God Bless.

Jon
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 12:52:01 PM »

Stay strong, Marine.
The Honn
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 01:22:33 PM »

You get a salute from me too. God be with you.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 03:41:22 PM »

Salute!

Check out the opening pic at mrcranky.com. I think we have a winner!
Chadzilla
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2001, 07:10:56 PM »

...is going to have me smiling for the next few hours.
Ken Begg
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2001, 08:11:49 PM »

Andrew is a modest man and will wish to beat me for saying this, but here goes.  As someone who's had the pleasure and  honor of getting to know him personally, let me confirm all your suspisions that he represents everything we should be proud of in our fighting men and women.  He is that rarest of things in this world, a genuinely good man.

In this regard, I for the first time look forward to him having the opportunity to personally administer that beating.  Keep well, sir.  We're all thinking of you and your comrades.  Semper Fi works both ways.
Apostic
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2001, 08:19:26 PM »

What Ken just said.  'cept I'd like to forego the beatings for saying so.

regards,

Apostic
N. E. Moses
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2001, 10:25:16 PM »

Hoo-ahh, you jarheaded leatherneck.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just checking in « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.