Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:58:42 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 was CRAP!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Starship Troopers 2 was CRAP!!!  (Read 8391 times)
Black_Chocobo
« on: June 19, 2004, 12:36:50 PM »

This movie should never have been made!!  They cant do this to Starship Troopers!!
Jay
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 03:47:38 PM »

I sorta thought the same about the first one
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 05:59:41 PM »

I just heard an echo..echo...echo... it sounded like, Troll...troll..troll.

however I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt and just say that in the future try to posta topic that is more than 1 sentence and has some reasons why you dont like the movie.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Black_Chocobo
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 10:52:46 PM »

> I just heard an echo..echo...echo... it sounded like,
> Troll...troll..troll.
>
> however I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt and just say that
> in the future try to posta topic that is more than 1 sentence
> and has some reasons why you dont like the movie.
>

Is a explanation really necessary?  The first Starship Troopers was uber cool.  There were legions of bugs that actually looked like they were there, and not just inserted in.  There was tons of blood and gore which adds an extra coat of coolness to every battle scene.  Plus there were those hilarius menu thingys.   "Would you like to know more?"  

While ST2 was a completely differnt movie.  I was expecting the awsome bug blasting fest type feel from the first movie, but what do I get?  A stupid "suspenseful" alien movie...  If it were part of the Aliens series the stuff in this movie might have been a little more acceptable, but this is Starship Troopers we are talking about here.  The sequel to the awsome movie that I fell in love with years ago is total crap!!!

Plus, what the hell is up with all the stupid fog?, And in the second scene of the movie when the troopers are fighting off a bunch of bugs it seems like no one even notices that they are being attacked half the time.  They are all just chattering away while firing a few shots here or there.  In the first movie that would never fly.  Doesnt anyone remember how many shots it took to kill a bug in the first movie?,  A hell of alot thats how many!!  

Satisfied?Dunners wrote:
Zombie Movie Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 11:31:25 PM »

I didn't care for the original Starship Troopers movie. I thought it was campy sci-fi meets Beverly Hills 90210. I doubt the second movie, no matter how different it is from the first, could possibly be good enough to completely erase the first movie from my mind.
ED
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 03:20:57 PM »

I hated the first  one so very much.   Oh how how I hated it .
I loved the book as a young teen, and to see it so badly butchered really hurt,.   Overall, I think making a movie purposely campy  is a mistake almost always.
-Ed
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 05:59:34 PM »

The first one was so bad (why must they do this to Heinlein?) I saw no reason to even acknowledge the existence of the second.
Black_Chocobo
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 09:40:50 PM »

What was so crappy about it?
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 10:35:54 PM »

Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion here; I tend to go easier on "Omega Doom" and "Nemesis" then most :)

Why I disliked "ST"

1) I read the book
2) Replaced the cool armored gorilla suits and heavy weaponry with exposed infantry with small machine guns.
3) The strong political commentary on facism in the book was replaced by over-the-top pardoy that was just shy of Leslie Nielson doing the news bits
4) Combat tactics reduced to a bunch of people running up and shooting; as a species, we are doomed.
5) "Coming of age in the world" replaced with "Buggy Hills 90210" sappy sopa opera

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 08:12:18 AM »

What Freep said.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 01:34:17 PM »

well, what can u expect from somebody who  dared to direct one of the worse movie ever made "showgilrs".
anyway the only   two cool things about the film was that  michael ironside, always playing the same role in each film he does,  and Jake Busey were  in there,and whats  the only cool thing about Jake Busey?...............  his father.

pauli
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 02:07:56 PM »

Hey, how can you call Showgirls one of the worst movies ever made? That was one of the funniest comedies I have ever seen!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 02:25:18 PM »

indeed,  but i had much more fun with "coyote ugly", im still wondering what kind of effort John Goodman had to do to be able to contain his guffaw while he was acting in such nonsense film.

pauli
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 02:29:37 PM »

I like STARSHIP TROOPERS a lot, but have yet to see the sequel.

If you want to read as I wax rhapsodic on ST, go here:

nobody
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 02:42:32 PM »

I thought Showgirls was boring actually. The only thing funny about it in my opinion is catching it on TV (when the censors add badly drawn cgi clothes on the naked strippers). It's funny to see them try and pass that garbage off as "normal." But even that stops being funny after 5 or 10 minutes.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 was CRAP!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.