Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:18:39 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects  (Read 19610 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 12:32:46 PM »

Harry:

I agree with you.  This movie reminded me a LOT of the classic drive-in movies from the 1970s.  I loved it and am a proud owner of the DVD.  I can't figure out why so many horror movie fans hated it.  I felt like I was back at the drive-in again . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 01:08:57 PM »

I can't figure out why so many horror movie fans hated it

Not being a horror fan or having seen the movie, I'll nevertheless take a guess :)

Filling a movie with references to other, prior movies in the genre only can really pulled off with any respect if you first show you got the skills to create something yourself.  There is a fine line between "homage" and "ripoff" and the line can be drawn at the point where you don't *need* to put it in. Do you put something in that otherwise you wouldn't have to simply as an honor to prior artists when you could easily do something else?  Or do you out something simply because you're not skilled enough to come  up with something on your own?

Being a jazz fan doesn't mean you can play jazz.  Being a musician and releasing your first 'jazz cd' that's filled with riffs from prior artists ins't really an homage..first prove you have the skill and the chops to actually play something original, then when you have some credibility as an artist, you can go and release an 'homage' because people know it's really an homage of respect..a nod to the masters before you, and not just a rip off from your own loack of creativity.   There's are *reason* that bar bands playing cover tunes don't make as much or get as much muscial respect as the musicians who first recorded the song.

Now, I don't know how much of Zombie's movie actually shows his own skill and how much is just cliches and 'homages' to other works, but when a first time effort comes out from a 'fan' that's filled with 'homages', I'm not initially that impressed

I mean, Of Unknown Origin was *not* an homage to Alien and The Thing :) It was just a painfully bad an uncreative movie :)

Post Edited (06-25-04 13:22)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Harry
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 01:15:40 PM »

I think Zombie had enough originality in it, and it's not like he just ripped off from one movie, it seemed more like homages to many movies.  I do see what you're saying though freep, and I agree with you.  If nothing else, zombie showed his originality and creative strength in the creation of some of his characters, Captain Spaulding and Otis especially.
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 05:12:25 PM »

If you have ever enjoyed any White Zombie videos merely for theitr colorful representations of horror and cool looking halloween s**t, you would know that this movie is overflowing with Rob Zombie originality and artistic style.

So what if images, story elements, and character profiles are vaguely based on a genre of movie or horror element we have seen before. I think he satisfied himself and that was the most important element in any artistic endeavor.
BlackDragon
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 10:18:14 PM »

Actually, I think I heard the Sheriff is going to hire two bounty hunters call "The Unholy Two" to hunt down the Firefly Clan. Hopefully these guys are badasses.
cody
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

gonna be awesome just like the first one rob is  gonna be a hell of a movie wish i could be in oneHarry wrote:

> ouch :)
cody f
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 07:01:10 PM »

house of 1000 corpses was a hell of a movie with great effects and it really hit a number at the box office and rob is a hell of a director for his first horror movie and i cant wait to see the devils rejects.....i wish i could be in one of his movies!  i want to see the devils rejects so bad!
cody f
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 07:09:01 PM »

house of 1000 corpses was a hell of a movie with great effects and it really hit a number at the box office and rob
       is a hell of a director for his first horror movie and i cant wait to see the devils rejects.....i wish i could be in one of
       his movies! i want to see the devils rejects so bad! i love horror movies and i always wanted to act in one        so harry im probably more excited then you are            ......house of 1000 corpses wanst just an ordinary spook... this spook had some extra taste into it ... can you imagine an actual bizzare brutal crime turning into reality?cant wait until the devils rejects comes out!!!!!!!!!
cody f
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 07:15:37 PM »

horror movies is the greatest genre that ever been born especially the movie houes of 1000 corpses.... this movie will terrify you!  my favourite character is otis cause he is the craziest one.. it is my favourite movie of all time.!!!!!!
cody f
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 07:19:42 PM »

i new zombie had it in him to come up with a horror movie and he did and i thank him for it   when house of 1000 corpses originally came out in the theatres i was wondering what it was going to be rated....R!  i was only 13 so i had to wait until it came out on video... i bought it right away....... it blew me away it was the greatest horror movie i had ever seen
cody f
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 07:25:04 PM »

the devils rejects is going to be the greatest movie i probably will ever see aside from house of 1000 corpses but could it be that another zombie film is already in the works?  its a possibility! i like house of 1000 corpses cause of its plot and because of all the gore   its awesome effects and once again i cant wait to see the devils rejects.... are me and harry the only ones that are excited about this?
cody f
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 07:27:12 PM »

i cant wait until the devils rejects comes out its gonna blow everybodys mind!
cody f
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 07:30:05 PM »

the best movie to be releaed ever in the history of horror movies
cody f
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2004, 07:31:25 PM »

i cant wait until this movie comes out
cody f
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 07:32:54 PM »

u guys do not know what this movie means to real horror movie fans this is going to be the greatest horror movie ever!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.