Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:59:45 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects  (Read 19420 times)
Harry
« on: June 22, 2004, 10:58:04 AM »

House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects
oh yeah!
I'm a huge horror movie fan, and Rob Zombie is a fantastic writer/director for the genre. Alot of people didn't like his movie, but it's one of my favorites. Supposedly "The Devil's Rejects" is going to be a hell of alot darker "it will make the first movie look like Finding Nemo".
I also heard rumors that the Firefly family meets up with another psycho killer family...can anyone say "showdown"?
anyho...am I the only one really excited about this?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 11:07:30 AM »

am I the only one really excited about this?

very likely ;)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Harry
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 02:34:20 PM »

ouch :)
nobody
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 02:44:47 PM »

House of 1000 Corpses was unwatchable. And I haven't met anyone (aside from "Harry" just now) who said otherwise. I'm not sure how much money House of 1000 Corpses made in theater and VHS/DVD sales, but I'm certain the sequel will do much, much worse.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 03:14:41 PM »

In fairness, there are a number of people on this board who liked the movie (Brother Ragnorak should be puttin in an appearance any minute)

In honesty, I have not seen the movie as a) I'm not much of a horror/gore fan and b) Rod Zombie's schtick bores me

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:19:38 PM »

I liked the movie for what it was meant to be and I'm looking forward to the second one. Not holding my breath waiting for it but when it comes out, I'll see it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 05:56:54 PM »

Maybe Rob Zombie has figured out how to tell a story on the screen by now....if not, it'll suck like the first one.  There were a few good parts but I wound up just reading a book during the last half hour or so because I no longer cared what was going on.
Harry
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 07:51:50 PM »

it's meant to be a tribute to horror movies that Zombie likes, being that he is a huge horror film guru...he accomplished what he wanted to perfectly, in it's own sense it is a perfect peice of art...many people don't get that...but many people don't get van gogh.
I really enjoy the genre, so I get all of the "inside jokes" so to speak.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 03:13:34 AM »

>he accomplished what he wanted to perfectly, in it's own sense it is a perfect
>peice of art

As I originally wrote after watching the first movie; The term "trainwreck of a movie" never seemed so appropriate as it did for this movie...
Neville

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 05:45:51 AM »

I'm not much into slashers, so probably I wasn't getting all the "obvious" homages the film had, but I found it quite imaginative and well directed. I'll probably watch number two when it hits the theatres.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Harry
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 12:32:17 PM »

Neville, if you enjoyed it, you should go back and watch some of the movies he based it on, you would enjoy them too.  House of 1000 corpses got me really into horror flicks, I had seen a few before, but after I read about what zombie liked, I started watching those movies.
Obviously The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and more than the first one, you would notice the TCM2 is alot like house of 1000 corpses.  Also check out Wes Craven's "The Last House on the Left" which is really the first of the slasher sex crime movies...it's not incredibly scary, but you can see where zombie pulled from it.
there is supposed to be alot of humor in these movies...they should give you a few cheap scares, the ones you're almost ashamed of, but you should also laugh at how ridiculous the situations are (i.e. "what the hell is she doing, any sensible person would run the other direction")
I guess you maybe just have to be a little odd to appriciate and enjoy slasher flicks.
Neville

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 12:35:41 PM »

Oh, I'm not completely ignorant about slashers. Seen the first TCM and some other Tobe Hooper, but it is just that many things frm the movie looked a bit tongue-in-cheek, you know, as if Zombie was saying "Know were I took this from?", and often I couldn't imagine the source. I may watch TCM II (It's been on my list for years), but Las house on the left is completely out of the question. I tried to watch it years ago and had to stop. F*cking disgusting load of crap if you ask me. Early Wes Craven uses to get me on my nerves, and not precisely the way it should.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
nobody
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 01:45:24 PM »

I've never seen Last House on the Left. I was always turned off by hearing people say I'd never get to see the full, uncut version (because it no longer exists). Is that true? And why exactly do you say its a "disgusting load of crap"?
Harry
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 04:37:07 PM »

it is.

I watched it, and it's one of those movies that you almost feel ashamed if you don't say you despised it... but I didn't, I tried to appriciate it for what it's worth (which isn't much, even Craven will tell you that)
it's really bad.
you just have to keep telling youself
it's only a movie
it's only a movie
it's only a movie

:)
Harry
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 04:39:14 PM »

oh yeah, and neville, if you watch tcm2, see if you recognize the actor who plays Choptop..."dog will hunt!"
he's one of my favorites
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.