Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:35 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects  (Read 19414 times)
Monster Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2004, 01:35:29 PM »

Where have all the fans of horror gone?  I started writing on this forum so that I could intellectually converse about my favorite horror and thriller movies.  So where are you monster freaks at?  I need some feedback...  I am definately a horror movie historian.  I have seen just about every horror, low-budget, independent and B-movie ever made.  Maybe I should start my own web fan site.  I understand through Fangoria that House 2 is being filmed and completed as I write.  I am hoping for a Halloween release, but who knows?  I know that Rob is probably having a lot of fun.  I meant to get a hold of him to audition for the movie, but I wasn't able to.  I myself am making a low,low,low,low-budget horror film this fall that is bound to be a gas, a gasp of bloody dead air as you slip into unconsciousness, ha ha ha...Well, get on the sight and enlighten some people with your views.  Rob, if your out there, read this and give me an Email, hell, I may be your next big starr...  Oh yea, is there any Buckethead fans out there???  It would be nice to hear from you also.  Can you imagine Rob Zombie and Buckethead getting together for something of an artistic compilation.............................
                             Take it scarrrry,   Monsterfan..........
Harry
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2004, 02:36:53 PM »

You know that Bill Mosley has a band with Buckethead in it, right?  I'm waiting for a Zakk Wylde/ Rob Zombie team up before Buckethead...he's cool, but Zakk is 10 times the guitarist, and a bit cooler in my opinion.  I know Wylde has expressed interest in doing a team up, but I havn't heard anything from Buckethead.
Oh, and as for your original question...I'm right here!
I just hope that Zombie keeps making movies...as much as I like his music, we need him making movies more than we need his music (both would be nice, but we can't demand too much from the guy...or can we...?)  I was disapointed to hear that Zombie will not be doing the music for Devil's Rejects, but if it means a good quality film, I'll allow the sacrifice.

let us know about your film as it develops...I've always wanted to work on a horror film, but all of the films I've done have had to be mainly dialogue driven because I don't have enough money for special effects.  I've been meaning to test a few low budget gore effects, but for every dollar you don't spend on it, it seems as if it adds an hour of manual work involved...in other words I just don't got the time!
Monster Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2004, 12:07:45 PM »

Yea, I knew that they were friends and that Bill appears on a couple of his albums.  It's great to know there are more people out there with the same interests of sorts.  As for Zakk, I love Zakk, I first saw and met him in his band Pride and Glory at a small little gig at the Cane's Ballroom in Tulsa, America.  He is a great guitarist, but I don't think he can hang with Buckethead.  My personal favorite, and the greatest on the planet is Jimmy Page, can you imagine being in the greatest band of all time, LED ZEPPELIN, and being the world's greatest guitar player...  Page turned me on to a lot of things when I was a bit younger, things like Aleister Crowley, are you familiar with Crowley's work?  Robert Johnson, Niccolo Paginini, a whole world of the occult flavor.  One who loves horror is often as equally intrigued with the occult and the black arts.  I tend to mix the two as if they were coffee and cream.  As for my movie, the final draft is in the works right now,  we are suppose to get filming in October.  This movie actually has no budget, well a quite small one, but lots of favors.  As for effects, I've stolen a lot of tricks from the trade, one of my personal favorites is the metal around the leg and a huge hunk of beef brisket under the jeans( taken from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when Leatherface cuts his own leg with the SAW).  The Saw is family.  We have to wait for October so that we can get that beautiful Hallow's Eve Fall autumn look here in the wondrous Oklahoma.  I don't even want to try and hawl in orange and red leaves like Carpenter did in the original Halloween.  I would tell you a little more about the story of my movie, but I'm actually afraid someone might steal the format before I can get it out.  It's actually  a pretty original storyline. Ha, ha.  I think I'm going for a record as to how many times I can say original in this draft.
                                  Peace Out, and unpleasent night terrors for all, Monsterfan.......
Harry
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2004, 01:21:03 PM »

ooo, Mr. Crowley :) :)
         I first heard of the man from the Ozzy Osbourn song by that title (long ago), which intrigued me, then I, as you said, learned again of him through Jimmy Page (agreed, greatest guitarist of all time...so inventive, so original, so damn good).  Then again ol' Aleister snuck in my life again a few months ago when I started reading the comic book "John Constantine: Hellblazer" (which I reccomend to you if you havn't read it yet, lots about black magic, however the movie "Constantine" will be a great disapointment in my opinion, damn you keanu reeves).  I've been meaning to learn more about Crowley and the occult, maybe your mentioning it is what I needed to get learnin'.
         I have to disagree with you however, Zakk CAN hang with Buckethead!  We need to set up a guitar-off and see who's right, or rather prove that I am right!
I've been listening to alot of White Zombie recently, I can't think of the fella's name, but that guitarist ain't that bad...not of Buckethead/Zakk Wylde calibre, but good.
        Be careful with that metal and beef around the leg, Gunnar Hannsen nearly cut his leg off with that set up...if I remember correctly... someone might have gotten hurt, but that could just be my imagination.  The saw IS family.  Remember: dog will hunt...DOG WILL HUNT!
       Somthing that nobody really notices (but I did, and I bet you did) is the parallel between Bill's lines in TCM2 and House:
ChopTop: "My brain is on fire"
and
Otis: "My brain is frozen"
I use both all the time....nobody gets it :(

-Harry
Phil
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2004, 05:18:25 AM »

I honestly dont know what most of you are talking about House 1 was one of the best horror movies i have seen in too long. It was so disturbing and sick that it is now on par with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Shining as my favourite movies of all time. It was brilliant and made me feel strange for the whole day thats what you want cant wait for the next one
P.s anyone know the plot for this one?
Harry
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2004, 05:11:31 PM »

Bounty hunters out to get the Firefly family.  I think one of the bounty hunters is Sherrif Wydell's brother, and I think they leave the house and go on the run.  Zombie says that it's less of a Horror film, and more of an extremely violent western, and references films i.e. The Wild Bunch.  Many of the actors have been quoted saying that a noteable amount of the scenes left them very disturbed on the shoot.  If Bill Mosely is disturbed on the shoot...we know we have gold!  Rob is excited about it because LGF is giving him complete control over content etc.
I wish it were coming out sooner, but we'll have to wait until early 2005.
neenyo and birch
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2004, 06:00:51 PM »

grand movie twas the foist but the twois will be grand piano
Mike N
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2004, 06:04:17 PM »

I like girls
cody
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2004, 07:36:03 AM »

cant wait
kim
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2004, 09:29:05 AM »

I loved the film and would like to dress like mommy firefly
victor flannel
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2004, 05:04:56 PM »

i am a big fan of the first movie! i totally think Zombie is a genius! he is creative and imaginative as House of 1000 Corpses show! i seriously cannot wait for the Devils Rejects to be released! im counting down the days.... 2 psycho families in a ultimate conflicted bloodbath... its a total showdown indeed! So dude you are not the only one excited about the sequel.... i am another one 2!!!!!
thephantom
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2005, 03:54:05 PM »

I am so f**king excited about this movie. The violence is going to kick major ass! Anyone know when it comes out?
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2005, 01:10:22 AM »

Exact release date hasn't been announced yet.  Expect it sometime from late spring to mid-summer, would be my guess.  They're just about done with all the post-prod stuff, according to Zombie's last report.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
trisha johnson
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2005, 06:02:04 PM »

I THINK THE MOVIES HOUSE OF A THOUSAND CORPES WAS AWSOME. mY HUSBAND LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT WE DECIDED TO PAINT  A MURIAL OF CAPTAIN SPALDING ON OUR LIVING ROOM WALL, ALSO MY HUSBAND IS GETTING A TATO OF ALL OF THEM ON HIS BACK. i CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OTHER MOVIE TO COME OUT..
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2005, 09:07:31 PM »

A REAL FAN APPARENTLY!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses 2: the Devils Rejects « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.