Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:15 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who buys movie tickets online (and pays the $1.00 service charge)??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who buys movie tickets online (and pays the $1.00 service charge)???  (Read 3079 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 23, 2004, 06:45:50 AM »

I'm ashamed to admit that I have done this several times to avoid standing in line at the theater to buy tickets.  Has anyone else done this foolish thing????

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 10:27:33 AM »

I almost did it once for a movie but then realized that I'd be bettter off standing in line becuz I received a student discount so I only paid 5 dollars for movies ( the good old days of last year) so it wound up saving me 4 dollars.  I figured staning in line is worth the money i save.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
nobody
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 10:52:07 AM »

I'm not sure how commonplace these are, but at the theater I go to they have self serving ticket machines. I don't think they charge you any more than standing in line... I don't really care if they do, though. The convenience is worth paying extra for. Since most people are afraid of using their credit cards, afraid of the machines themselves, or simply don't know about them, there's never a line to use them.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 10:53:52 AM »

I dunno, there's never been much of a line at Holloywood Video at 11:00 at night to rent Lords Of The Deep

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 11:12:53 AM »

i buy tickets for most of my movies i see online. the reason i do it is i like to see my movies in manhattan and i live in queens so i beat the lines. also i see my movies on the first day so it guarantees i see the time i want to see it. the only drawback is alot of therates still dont have this system so if that  1 movie house i go to doesnt have the movie i got wait on the line.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

raj

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 11:45:52 AM »

When my niece worked as an assistant manager, I got free tickets.  Never paid to see the LOTRs trilogy, or Master & Commander or Cold Mountain.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 12:56:54 PM »

"i'm ashamed to admit that I have done this several times to avoid standing in line at the theater to buy tickets. Has anyone else done this foolish thing????"

i do it everytime i go to the theater, why? i dont have much spare time so, i dont like to waste my time, i preffer to buy  the tickets online,  pay 1 euro charge , wich its a bit more than 1 dollar and chose  where i want to be sit than going  to the cinema, maybe  stand in a big line, for   15 or more min, it depends on the film, get into the thater and find that all the best sits are already taken.

pauli
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 01:58:59 PM »

Nope never did never will, I don't even go to theaters truthfully. Ultimate rip off and then they make you sit through commercials before the movie- ugh I can't stand it. Last movie I went to- 28 Days Later and that was like a year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 02:05:35 PM »

I don't even go to theaters truthfully.

Not much here, either.  Only for stuff were I think the size of the screen and speakers will really make a difference (or..rarely..if someone else is paying).  Otherwise I wait for thew video...and wait for it to *not* be a new release :)

I saw all of LOTR and the two Star Wars preqels in the theater..and Matrix 3 'cause my dad paid., before that you have to go back to the last 90s

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 02:58:04 PM »

Im shocked and apalled nobody went to see Dawn of the Dead in theatres.

In any case, I hate the service charge and would much rather wait in line. The only time I use this system is when I want to go to the best movie theatre and see the greatest movie. Thus, i have only used it to see  Spider Man 2 for the first time. I would much rather get my student discount than pay out my a$$ for a movie

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 02:59:37 PM »

"Im shocked and apalled nobody went to see Dawn of the Dead in theatres."
i did, and im glad i did it, i had a great time.

pauli
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 03:10:05 PM »

maria paula wrote:

> "Im shocked and apalled nobody went to see Dawn of the Dead in
> theatres."
> i did, and im glad i did it, i had a great time.
>

Awesome that makes me feel so much better, especially when a girl goes to see such a fantastic film

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 05:06:50 PM »

I don't go to the movies much and when I do, I just buy the tickets there. Usually I go during the day and there aren't that many people there, so the longest line I've had to wait in, in the last few years has been like 3-4 people.

I used to have a friend who worked in a theater and got free passes to all the movies. We went to see Batman the week it opened and there was a huge line out the door and around the corner. We walked past everyone, went up to the desk, he signed the sheet and we were done. :)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 12:30:14 PM »

JohnL wrote:

"We went to see Batman the week it opened and there was a huge line out the door and around the corner."

I went to see Batman the NIGHT it opened and there was no line.  By the time the movie started, the theater was only about 50% full.  The interesting part is that I heard news reports of people dressing up like characters from the movie at advance screenings.  So, I convinced my buddy that we should both dress up like the Joker.  We were the only people in the theater wearing costumes.  I'm such an ass . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who buys movie tickets online (and pays the $1.00 service charge)??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.