Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:16 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fans of bad movies . . . am I stereotyping us or is this true? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Fans of bad movies . . . am I stereotyping us or is this true?  (Read 7613 times)
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 04:31:49 AM »

"In fact, is there anyone on this board who doesn't like comics at all?"

I'm 100% apathetic to them, ditto D&D.

I guess I fit the music stereotype but the only music I go out of my way to get is A Perfect Circle and Ra these days. When it comes to me and music, if you try to push me into getting into something, I will turn on it quickly. I am best left to myself when it comes to this, and I largely only listen to composed and electronica. I'm becoming increasingly alienated with "artsy" music just because of it's fans.
IguanaGirl
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 06:45:48 AM »

I have always been interested in comics and RPG's, although not actually much of a reader or player, and I do like heavy metal and punk , especially punk, so I guess I fit.
And my brother, another b-movie fan, also fits, except for the punk.

Rombles
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 09:03:02 AM »

The only comics I ever got into was The Phantom - and that was only cos I used to print them - picked one up one day looking for something to read and got hooked.  Oh, that and Mad, if that counts?

D&D? Played it twice in my life....   zzzzzzzzz (which surprised me because I really thought that would be my kinda game - but no)

Heavy Metal and Punk - Hell yeah! Although my musical tastes have expanded (like my stomach) as I got older.....
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 06:35:07 PM »

>Never had anything to do with D&D. The movie was awful, by the way.

They're supposed to be making a sequel.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 07:16:06 PM »

JohnL,

Quite right.  And to make things worse, Paris Hilton is signed on to star.

Wait.....or would that make things better?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 09:47:02 PM »

1 comic books
Yes, yes, yes, I am like a crack addict to them.

2 D&D
Does Warhammer count? I'm a little interested in D&D I was going to join some of my friends to play it, but I can't. Also my school won't let me (pfft..private Batist school) But I like RPGs and board games

3Heavy Metal and Punk
Not really into that I like Bruce Springstien, Clapton, and Dave Matthews Band
daveblackeye15

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 11:45:33 PM »

I've known about this for a while but I'm still going "GOD NO NOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY!?"

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Dan
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2004, 07:23:17 PM »

Don't read comics, used to read The Beano & Dandy when I was 7...

Don't like any role playing games, used to have friends who did, but they didn't like bad movies as far as I know..  
I did play an online role playing game for a short while because my addict friend wanted me to join, it was quite crap, being text only and all about numbers...

Don't really like Heavy Metal or Punk Rock as much as I do other music, like a couple of bands, but prefer different stuff.

Don't know if that makes any difference to anything...
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2004, 09:45:15 PM »

Comic books and metal, check.  RPG's, not so much.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jga5000
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2004, 12:12:15 AM »

Comic books: Yep. I don't read much of the mainstream stuff though. I'm actually in the works of publishing my own gore-filled comics too. My love for Braindead/Dead Alive shows in some of my work.

Dungeons and Dragons or other role-playing games: Never played these things.  I don't know anyone else into it so I never was able play.

Heavy Metal or Punk Rock: I'm huge on metal. A lot of death and grind bands use so many soundclips from b-movies. Especially all the ones on razorbackrecords who always wear horror movie shirts like Impaled and Lord Gore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fans of bad movies . . . am I stereotyping us or is this true? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.