Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:29 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rap sucks « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Rap sucks  (Read 26442 times)
Aaron Peetz
« on: June 25, 2004, 03:22:11 PM »

Okay, just started a new topic because the media is starting to p**s me off.  Rap sucks for many reasons, but the reasons are limitless. I know that a lot of people are with me one this. Not only for the facte that rap sucks! But that it puts a bad influence on how kids are tought to grow up. Let's start with why rap sucks. Number one reason is that all the rappers care about image. Trying to get themselves to look better to be more famouse. And nobody actually listins to the crap. They just say " oooh he\she is sexy. they rock". and if they weren't body buetifule, you wouldn't see a famouse rapper, think about it. Have you ever seen a rapper that is really rich and famous that is not attractive? Don't think so.....reason number two. All the lyrics are about is getting drunk,shootin people,guns, how rich or famouse you are, or girls. That about sums up what they talk about. The last reason, Rappers get rich and famouse bye talkin about there bling bling while die hard rockers put all there time and money into actually playing instruments, and righting lyrics about how they actually feel. Not how famouse they are. Oh, and have you ever seen a rap video? It's either dancing in clubs or showing people get out of nice cars in slow motion. Nice video, think I'll watch it again. NOT!!! Ok, I will admit, there are some really good rappers, and some really s**tty rockers, but that's not my point. The message is that rap music sets a bad example for anybody. Seriously before you say, " I love 50 cent" or " Dr. dre rocks", atleast listen to all there music or listen to real rap like, eminem, Run DMC, Will Smith, Black eyed peas, tech n9ne, or N*E*R*D. C'mon people, do you know what music means? singing, not talking to a beat.
Acidburn
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 03:33:34 PM »

I agree in some ways.  First off have you ever seen fat Joe,  birdman,  or big Pun.  Not the most attractive people on the planet.  
There is a very bad message that comes from alot of rap, which is do whatever it takes to make money and show you are more powerful then everyone else. BUT...there is an equally bad message that comes from rock.  Which is do drugs, have sex, hurt people. Rockers are a very angry bunch.  
That being said I am a HUGE fan of ROCK.....rock is total music.  You have to be talented to be a rock star.  I know that it takes some talent to rap, but they do not play the music in their own songs.  It is mixed on computers by producers.  Not to much talent to come in a say a few words that ryme then leave.  There is no though or emotion in it, and emotion is the soul of music.  When music first hit the main stream it was mostly taken from a jazz and blues type of music.  Which was all about  emotion...hence 'blues'.    Enough of that!   Thats my two cents worth.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 05:09:20 PM »

Rap does suck. It's like rock or jazz you just need to get it to like it.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 06:20:56 PM »

I have always said Rap is Crap. Sorry if it offends someone' but it is a mostly no talent business.  I don't like country for the most part either, if that helps.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 06:48:14 PM »

The only rap that I like is anything made from 1988 to around 1993.

After that, everything went to s**t.

I like old school rappers like Eazy E, NWA, Ice T and Ice Cube.

They all had real talent...unlike the wannabe's of today.

Susan
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »

When rap first came out mainstream in the form of the Fat Boys and run DMC my dad used to say that rap sounded like tennis shoes in the dryer.

sorry, just always thought that was funny ;-)

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:24:45 PM »

And this has what to do with B-Movies?  ;o)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Susan
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 10:35:23 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> And this has what to do with B-Movies?  ;o)
>

Well if we're talking "bad" movies, I can think of a few going back to electric bugaloo, the fat boys follies and even current rap artists attempts at movies. ;-)

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 11:02:36 PM »

Didn't the Fat Boys do a movie called "Disorderlies"?

Now THAT was a bad movie!

StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 11:19:32 PM »

It's easily the worst genre of music (if you want to call it music)

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 11:33:10 PM »

i was once a fan a rap bout 4-5 years ago. my closest friends into and i decied to start listening  to it. the reason i stopped listening is how fake it is. i remember when 50 cent first came out i was telling everyone i liked him. he sucks or thats wack i was told. now everyone who told me that is in love with him now cause hes a big rap star. ugh. all about popualrity.

I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 12:42:06 AM »

I can't stand listening to rap. Watching it is almost as bad. What's with all the hand flinging? It's like their arm is having a spasm everytime they open their mouths.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 07:31:45 AM »

reason number one why i dont like rap, merely because im spanish and i dont understand anything, specially with all this slang.

pauli
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 08:36:12 AM »

Susan,

So I take it that you didn't like Disorderlies?

;o)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Susan
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2004, 09:30:14 AM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Susan,
>
> So I take it that you didn't like Disorderlies?
>

Just didn't hold a candle to the hardcore "breakdancing" films like Beat Street...lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rap sucks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.