Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:19:33 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rap sucks « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rap sucks  (Read 26453 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 12:01:45 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> Has anyone seen the commercials for that new "reality" show
> where two families swap moms for a week? White and black
> families switch moms and at one point the white mom tells the
> kids "I'm sorry guys, I can't handle rap music. It gives me a
> headache." and the daughter looks at her with her mouth hanging
> open like the woman just suggested that they cook & eat the
> family pet.

Oh yeah!
I have seen this and will most likely tune in when it's broadcast to the masses.
I have to see this load of BS for myself!

By the way, if you've ever watched Chapelle's Show on Comedy Central you'll remember Dave doing a parody of this...it was hilarious.

I'd bet a bundle that the producers took that idea after they saw Dave Chapelle's skit.

Thieving bastards!

TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2004, 12:46:39 AM »

YOU set a bad example for people Aaron. Just because alot of people are "with you" on "this" doesn't make your points valid.  

If u like the music...

Listen to it.

If you dont want your children corrupted by the outside world, then corrupt them yourself by locking them in the house and shoving all your favorite showtunes down their throats..
Bheliom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 04:49:09 AM »

Rap sucks?

Hmmm, I am a huge Rock/Metal fan but a firmly disagree with the generall "RAP-Sucks" Idea.!

R.A.P. or Rythmic American Poetry as it is called has dozens of Good artist´s and/or songs!

HipHop on the other hand... sucks big time... and there´s a HUGE difference between the two!

Real RAP is harsch on it´s lyrics (word like f**k occur often) and have most of the time a REAL message in them...
unlike HipHop wich is more dull in it´s lyrics, with mostly maintream thoughts behind it (selling records, nothing more is important to them).

But this is only my humble oppinion ;)

"From the moon, come silver ghosts, spectres of the blood.
From my spirit comes the darkness.
From the void, the crimson fortress rises."
dean
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 09:56:32 AM »

Has anyone seen the commercials for that new "reality" show
> where two families swap moms for a week? White and black
> families switch moms and at one point the white mom tells the
> kids "I'm sorry guys, I can't handle rap music. It gives me a
> headache." and the daughter looks at her with her mouth hanging
 >open like the woman just suggested that they cook & eat the
 >family pet.

Is this British? If it is, this has been out for a while.  I saw a few episodes last year sometime.  It was quite funny.  That's something for the reality tv post though...

Rap/Hip Hop, however, is a different matter:  They get far for looking beautiful? Have you seen most of the people in this business?  Ugggghly!

Remember all the music in the charts are aimed at the early teens.  We have a juniour at work who loves all the mainstream stuff, and I mean LOVES it.  It's geared towards a certain market.

Oh, and clubbers too, alot of them love it as well.  But I'd like to think that the majority of us just stick with what we like, not what we are told to like.

If you like the mainstream stuff, that's fine, if you don't that's fine too [even better perhaps! :-P ]

Who gives a damn how bad it is, just don't listen!!  I've given up listening to radio a long time ago [well unless it is a more alternative station]
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004, 07:10:05 PM »

>R.A.P. or Rythmic American Poetry

I always thought it stood for Really Awful Pounding. :)

>Is this British? If it is, this has been out for a while.

No, it's American, but it was almost certainly inspired by the British show you saw. After all, why come up with an original idea when you can just copy someone else's. :(
Freeburger
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 10:17:04 AM »

This is the aurthor. I changed my name. ummmm, 'been getting alot of s**t like it has a good influence and rap is the best genre of "music". I'd like to say that what is a good role modle who treats women like crap, has an attitude and speaks against polotics. WOW, what a role model, and let's see how stupid they are. HAve you evere watched cribs on MTV? all the rappers have big ass cars and nice houses, but they don't know how to pay for the house so they hire an agent. They don't know how to do anything with the car except drive, not to change the oil or anything. and they don't have anything but a nice house. instead of showing us the money, show a deploma or 2. Show us your brains, not your money. sorry, got a little caried away
Freeburger
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 10:41:40 AM »

this is the author again, been searching the net, and I've found the wierdest thing. An epic rap group, yah, they talk about s**t like time and space and darkness and stuff, the beats are cool. they don't talk about money. there called the chemical brothers. wow, they rock.
zephyr
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2004, 03:15:05 PM »

to quote myself:

>> Random rappers/groups to check out:

Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Cannibal Ox, Sole, Jedi Mind Tricks, Saul Williams, Aesop Rock, Gang Starr (early nineties stuff), A Tribe Called Quest, El-P,  Mr. Lif, Buck65, Doseone, cLOUDDEAD, Deep Puddle Dynamics....

<<

I also want to set something straight.  Hip-hop is a culture.  Rapping is just one part of hip-hop.  In the beginning, hip-hop encompassed  turntablism, breakdancing, and tagging (graffiti) in addition to MC'ing.  I guess it's up to each of you to decide where the scene is at today.    

It's a shame the current mainstream R&B/pop/rap stuff has to sound the way it does.
Thanks a lot, Clear Channel.  Thanks a bunch, big record company execs.

dO-(=(
Robert
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 12:08:37 AM »

alright all main stream stuff mostly sucks like all the alteritive stuff all the rap and hip hop under ground is the way to go !!!!!!
Bheliom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 01:42:08 AM »

I also want to set something straight. Hip-hop is a culture. Rapping is just one part of hip-hop. In the beginning[...]

The opposite is the case! Hip-Hop derived from R.A.P. NOT the other way arround ;)

"From the moon, come silver ghosts, spectres of the blood.
From my spirit comes the darkness.
From the void, the crimson fortress rises."
zephyr
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2004, 10:37:14 PM »

?
Dirty South Hip-Hop Head
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2004, 04:34:35 PM »

Sorry pal, but you have no idea what you're talking about.  Zephyr is right, rap is just a part of HIP-HOP, which is basically urban culture.  Hip-hop isn’t and never was a music genre, and it certainly didn’t ‘derive’ from rap.  That’s ridiculous.    

‘Rap is something you do.  Hip-Hop is something you live’ – KRS-One  

I’D also like to point out that hip-hop is more than just the four elements (taggin’, breakin’, rhymin’, and DJin’).  It’s the way we talk, the clothes we wear, our views, our communities, our lifestyle, and our people.  I wish people would stop saying our entire culture is limited to talking into a microphone, writing unreadable scribblez on walls, and scratching up records.  If so, then our culture is a shallow one.  Ya know?

Record companies force mainstream artists to throw out crappy singles about jewelry, shooting people, and club-hopping.  But in the end, it's just entertainment.  Music is there to entertain.  If I wanted knowledge I’d read a book.  Music is made to sound good, and to get people dancing.  And rap accomplishes this.

There are plenty types of rap.  The mixtape ‘street’ punchline rapper (Lloyd Banks, Cassidy, Joe Budden), the intellectual punchline rapper (Canibus, Chino XL), the political rappers (Dead Prez, Public Enemy), instrument-usin’ rappers (N*E*R*D*, The Roots, Linkin’ Park), mainstream ‘pop’ rappers (Nelly, Chingy, Loon), bling-bling rapper (Cash Money, No Limit), talented veteran rappers (Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast, Method Man), comedy rappers (Ludacris, Redman), angst-ridden emo-rap (Atmosphere), gangsta rap (NWA), and many more types.

Basically, there are so many types of rap that anyone can enjoy, but some people are so blind in their hate that they can only see what’s on the surface.  But that’s cool.  We already got enough fake hip-hop heads (wiggers) as it is.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2004, 08:34:43 PM »

barbershop quartets suck

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

tyler
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2004, 04:43:49 AM »

How to begin? I'll start out by releasing my anger in the form of speach:
RAPPERS ARE ASS-HUMPING DUMBNUTS WHO DO NOTHING AND GET PAID! WHEN I WAS 10 I DID MORE WORK THEN THEM WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY GARRRR! SOMDAY WE WILL OBLITIRATE ALL THE DUMBASSES IN THIS PLANET (including the NY Yankees) AND MAYBE ALL HUMANS SO THESE MORORIC FLESHLINGS WILL NEVER TROUBLE US AGAIN! BWA HA HA! PERPARE FOR JUDGEMENT FLESHLINGS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!
ah-hem. Sorry.
Here are some reasons (not only about the music) that proves rap is gay:
1: big rappers claim they live in the ghetto, and yet they make around 5.3 million a year, have 6 times their body weight in jewlrey, and own huge mansions and 20 cars. Hmmmm.
2.one way racism.
Fact: rappers say rasism is bad and the K.K.K should be dispanded. (Duh. K.K.K sucks.)
Fact: rappers also say: whites are lesser to blacks. Hmmmm...
3.treat women like garbage. Way to get laid. Maybe you want to, but not by a chick.
4.basketball: hey, let work out and not wear shirts and run around with 5 other  identical males.
5. bad steryotype for the working (no, raps not work) black. Through the media, most whites view blacks as, well, the things discussed above, so most can't get jobs anywhere but s**tty medial work for old rich white men. So:
generally anti-white rap+real blacks= $whites$
I rest my case. Rap is literally gay and tratourous. I'm p**sed, so now I'll work on my world domination plans. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha(crackly) Haaaaaaaaaaaaa...
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2004, 11:39:03 AM »

mouth harps and harmonicas suck

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rap sucks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.