Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:04:16 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid  (Read 14944 times)
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 10:59:32 PM »

"The Monster That Challenged the World"
Creeped me out bad when I was a kid. Now it's just another giant mutant creature flick, but when I was 10, AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 12:17:52 AM »

house
umm....friday the 13th part like...4 I think.
Night of the living dead
Aliens
Nightmare on elm street 3

hmm..thats all, could be worse. My uncle  was scared to death of the killer shrews when he was a boy :P.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 07:06:07 AM »

HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS.  I went with my father on a Sunday afternoon after begging my parents for about a week.  There is a scene where Barnabas Collins turns into an old man and they show a close-up of his face.  I nearly jumped out of my seat.  The rest of the movie didn't really scare me . . . just that one scene.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 04:09:15 PM »

"The Fly." The original and not the remake, which shows you how old I am. When Patricia Owens pulled the sack off of Al "David" Hedison's head, I can tell you, I was cowering on the floor, down behind the seats in the theater, down among the spilled jujubes, in a shot.

Phantom187
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 04:20:24 PM »

I would always change the channel for the bad parts on all the Nightmare On Elm. st. movies Yikes!
Andi
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 04:33:51 PM »

These types of movies I did not like:

A Nightmare on Elm Street movies
    Alien and Aliens
   Jaws movies
    Poltergeist

I enjoyed watching Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.
Darkautumn
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 09:46:39 AM »

"Fiend Without a Face." Saw it when I was 5, and it messed me up bad for about a week afterwards. Anytime something in the house fell over or seemed to move by itself, I fled the room, covering the back of my head to defend against invisible flying brain-things. Brrrrrrrrrrrr..................
And hey, John L, I think that Bigfoot movie you're refering to is "The Curse of Bigfoot," a 1972 low budgeter comprised mainly of footage from an unreleased early 60s flick.
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 11:25:28 AM »

"Not of this Earth" (1957)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 02:26:49 PM »

Quatermass & the Pit a.k.a. Five Million Years to Earth

and

The Monster that Challenged the World

Both of those FREAKED me out.
Susan
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 07:12:49 PM »

Ok i may be laughed at for this one but i just remembered another film that while funny, something about it was always creepy in the back of my mind. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 07:41:59 PM »

Okay, embarassment abounds - I was scared of Fright Night.

The kid getting killed with the stairway stake freaked me out.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2004, 09:42:03 PM »

>I know I got scared once, about the time I was four or five, while watching just the
>intro to a syndicated horror show, "Chiller" maybe from what I was told later.

That doesn't sound like the "Chiller" show I used to watch. That one used to start with a foggy scene of a tree and a pool of blood and the letters to spell out the word chiller made out fo clay. As weird music/sounds play, a six-fingered hand comes up out of the blood and picks up the letters, then sinks back into the blood as a voice says "CCChhhiiillllllleeerrrrr".

>And hey, John L, I think that Bigfoot movie you're refering to is "The Curse of
>Bigfoot," a 1972 low budgeter comprised mainly of footage from an unreleased
>early 60s flick.

Yes, that's the one.
Hugomarink
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

That's easy. There are four movies that scared the crap out of me when I was young and have stuck with me all these years:

Night of the Living Dead
Island of Terror
It's Alive
The Omen
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2004, 01:31:24 PM »

it did and still does, i would never watch home alone "the exorcist" im sure i might not sleep in the whole night long, Specially watching the director´s cut,  i only would watch it if i would have made a big bet with lots of money to lose if i dont watch it, if not, noway.

pauli
Kory
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2004, 10:55:32 PM »

I didn't see The Exorcist until a year ago (I'm 26) because my husband, my dad, and my brother were all freaked out about it.  Well, I finally watched it and it didn't scare me at all.  I think it's a totally different experience watching a movie like that as an adult than as a child... partly because of it being dated (we've all seen much worse since then).  I must say, though, that those types of movies (Exorcist, The Omen, The Prophecy) are creepier than slasher movies.

The one that got me when I was little was Poltergeist.  I saw it when I was about 5 years old and slept with the light on until I was 11.   I saw it a few months ago and it made me laugh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.