Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:20:34 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid  (Read 14943 times)
Max Gardner
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2004, 11:02:46 PM »

I remember the original Thirteen Ghosts scared the hell out of me when I saw it on Theatre Bizarre way back when Fox had just become Fox.  Poltergeist also gave me the creeps, and it still amazes me that it's rated PG.
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 04:41:51 AM »

Pet Semetary. I saw it at a drive-in. The scenes with the little kid when he came back to life scared the s**t out of me.

I was freaked out by the box to Child's Play III for the longest time but I'd always wanted to see the movie. Little did I know . . .
IguanaGirl
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 06:52:06 AM »

Anything with little things running around, eg. Chucky movies and The Gate. I was terrorfied to get out of bed at night because I thought they would get my ankles.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 01:19:03 PM »

Hehe, I was just thinking about movies that got me as a child and one thing came to mind.

Now do not laugh I know it is stupid but  here goes..... The Robot in 'Robocop'
 Ed209 ( I think was its name) really creeped me out.  I think it was the evil sounding voice that got me.   LOL!!!!  I know I know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 03:37:07 PM »

Iam yet one of the many kids of my generation who was almost permanently scarred by Stephen King's It. I have never been so scared of a bathroom since. I know that the Blob remake, only the commercials though freaked me out. The only other that did a real number on me was Natasha Henstridge's Species.

On a side note, my brother still has not seen the Exorcist, but I watched it when he was 13. He just heard the sounds and he was petrified, I walked into the bedroom and he was shiverring and vowed never to actually see the movie.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Nic456
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 04:48:30 PM »

For some reason, it's harder to be scared of more popular monsters like Freddy, Jason, and Michael. I don't know why.  

When I was little I was scared of:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Any movie based on Clive Barker works (Hellraiser, Candyman, or Night Breed)
C.H.U.D.  (I know it was a stupid B-Movie, but I was 7 at time.  I remember seeing how big those monsters were and I would look under might bed or out in the hole everytime I heard any screeching noises, I would jump out of bed or something).
Beauty & the Beast (CBS tv show)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »

>The one that got me when I was little was Poltergeist. I saw it when I was about 5
>years old and slept with the light on until I was 11. I saw it a few months ago and it
>made me laugh.

Check out The Haunting of Hell House, or the original The Haunting.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2004, 07:54:55 PM »

OK, so I'm old(er)

The one that scared me the most at a tender age (5? not sure) was "THEM" - about the giant ants? Why the sitter let me watch it, I will never know.

The original Dracula had me sleeping with my covers held around my neck for more years than I should probably admit (actually, it was more likely reading the book at age 10 that did that - not recommended!)

Black and white is always scarier, to me.

The Boogens was pretty creepy, but I was older then. (Sigh!)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Hugomarink
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2004, 01:54:25 PM »

If we're including TV shows, I remember that "The Night Stalker" often scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. I particularly remember a zombie episode and an episode with a sewer monster that really freaked me out. I was probably about 7 or 8 when those shows aired.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2004, 02:55:45 PM »

As far as TV shows go, I would have to say that Tales from the Crypt  got me pretty good.  The crypt keeper was pretty scarry to a small child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Kory
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2004, 01:20:46 PM »

I've seen "The Haunting" and I enjoyed it - I'll have to check out the Haunting of Hell House though!  Movies don't really scare me anymore... the evening news and  "America's Most Wanted" are what get me now.
Dave Munger
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2004, 03:48:18 PM »

When I was wee, Dreamscape seemed pretty scary to me. I might not have even been that wee, I was probably more like eleven or something.

And thus, I plug my blog
Hamburger Pimp
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2004, 09:07:39 PM »

Sadly, I was scared of the "doll monsters” in Barbarella.  Why Barbarella was being show on HBO at the time is an interesting question, though.

"I'm so bad, I kick my own ass twice a day"
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2004, 09:12:29 PM »

"Wizard of Oz" scared me a bit. The part where the wicked witch sets the scarecrow on fire, and the part where the lion jumps out the window (don't ask me why).
RaNdAlL
New Visitor

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 06:52:52 PM »

Th movie that scared me the most was Alien. I watched it when I was 10. I got so frightned that I had to sleep with the lights on and under the sheets, so that the alien wouldn't get me. The other movie was The Evil Dead. God that was scary! One day while I still was at school, me and some of my buddies went camping on the woods, one night one of my buddies came to my tent with this zombie mask and scared me s**tless! Thats one experience I will never forget!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that scared the crap out of you as a kid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.