Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:22:11 PM
714404 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepshow DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Creepshow DVD  (Read 1638 times)
Skaboi18
« on: September 17, 2001, 07:42:56 PM »

Well guys, I finally got my bloody hands on a copy of this classic. I remember seeing it on local tv one Saturday when I was about 8 and it scared the s**t out of me. I realize now that it's not as scary as I once thought, but still one of the best horror anthologies to ever be made.
This movie boasts some of Romero's most unique direction. This is due to the comic book quality of the film. You get everything from split screens to colored backgrounds, and truly hilarious expressions in some scenes. We also get some of Savini's great special effects.

I really can't write this little review without mentioning King's superb portrayl of Jordy Verill. This is King's best performance in any of his films. It is also his longest, being about fifteen minutes long.

The first story is about a woman that kills her father on Father's Day. He comes back to get his Father's Day cake. This is one bad mofo. We get strangulations, crushings, neck snappings and decapitation. Probably my favorite out all of the stories.

The next is about the lonely death of Jordy Verill. Only one death in this one, but it is a powerful one. We get to King as a complete idiot who finds a meteor. This meteor is better than miracle grow guys....and King eventually starts to sprout some plants on his body. Great story, very predictable.

The third story is about a very young Ted Danson who is having an affair with Lesley Neilsen's wife. This one moves much faster than the other stories. Neilsen buries Danson to his head on a beach and waits for the tide to come in to drown him. He does the same to his wife. They of course come back to get revenge. Some more of King's style, Romero's love of zombies, and Savini's true gift with effects is shown here. Predictable ending as well.

The Crate is the fourth story in the series. It is by far the bloodiest and longest. It's about a crate that is found in a college. It's been there since 1838 and contains something found on an artic expedition. Well, one of the professor's who finds the crate has a friend who has problems with his wife. He has violent fantasies about killing her, and with good reason. Well, the crate is opened, someone gets eaten. Then a student gets eaten. It turns into a plot for the guy to kill his wife. I really enjoyed this story, but it was too long. But, of course, the gore makes up for this. We get head shots, violent eatings, and a creature tearing chunks out of people's necks. Great stuff. Good ending as well.

They're Creeping Up On You is a very very very disturbing story. It's about an insane corporate owner (think Howard Hughes) who has a thing about germs and bugs. He keeps his house locked down and freaks out about any bugs. Well, his company takes over another company one day. The owner of the other company kills himself. He then gets a call from the deceased's wife. He is extremely crude to her and hangs up. Well, he starts to find cockroaches everywhere then. Then of course, there is a power outage and his aparment is completely swarming with them. He locks himself in his "germ proof room" only to be eaten by cockroachs. Defenintly gross death scene as well. Comes in second on gore, and second on acting. One of the better stories.

Throughout all of this is a frame story about a father who finds his son with some E.C. style comics. These were popular in the 50's and even Tales from the Crypt is based on these bad boys. Trust me though, this little kid is one bad mofo. He gets some awesome revenge in the end of the film.

I also learned numerous things from this film:
1. Liqour brings bodies back to life!!!!
2. If a man wants a cake, he better get his damned cake! What happens if not is baaad.
3. Don't touch a meteor...you will turn into the Jolly Green Giant...trust me on this.
4. Ted Danson can't hold his breath!
5. DON'T f**k WITH DANSON!
6. If you see a janitor get eaten by something in a crate, don't send a student to check it out.
7. Shooting your wife in your imagination doesn't help.
8. Padlocks do not hold monsters who have been caged for over 100 years.
9. BUGS CAN EAT YOU.
10. Don't mess with children, they'll break out some serious voodoo on your ass.
11. Tom Savini is a trashworker! WHOOHOO!!!!

All in all, I give this film a 4/5. You can't beat the price either. I picked up the film for only about 15.00. Only drawback is that the video transfer is pretty jumpy. Oh well.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepshow DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.