Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:39:02 PM
714362 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My New Name and Recent Veiwings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My New Name and Recent Veiwings  (Read 2237 times)
No Nukes
« on: September 18, 2001, 04:40:31 PM »

'Ello monkey people. I'm the character you may have known as Mighty Atomic Pikachu on the Message Board in the past. Well, I've decided to change my identity to the one I have in the iMDB-No Nukes.

(a picture of my character should be up soon.)

Well, here's a quick list of some of the things I've seen while I've been away from the mesage board:

ZOO A Zed And Two Noughts (a film that tries entirely too hard to be like David Lynch)

Juliet Of The Spirits (it was all right)

It Lives Again (pretty stupid)

Shivers (somehat dissapointing but had its funny moments; follows same plot as most early Cronenberg movies)

The Creeps (brainless but still amusing comedy about midget monsters)

Nightbreed (yack, that was awful)

Superman Special Edition (what can I say? You just can't beat the classics)

Drowning By Numbers (truly disgusting, and I nearly went bananas trying to find all of those hidden numbers)

8 1/2 (Don't watch it, I'm begging you...argh)

Signing off for now...

No Nukes
Gerry
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2001, 04:55:19 PM »

Welcome back, Pika...I mean No Nukes.
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2001, 11:36:17 AM »

Well, it does take less time to type. Any political commentary involved, there, Nukes?
No Nukes
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2001, 04:21:17 PM »

Not really...I got the idea for the name from one of the members of Sega's "Team Shinobi" who designed Shinobi, Altered Beast, and Golden Axe. In the Genesis version of Altered Beast, a nickname mentioned in the credits is "No Nukes". The name kinda stuck in my mind, and well...
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2001, 04:19:02 AM »

Well, at least you're keeping things on a sub-microscopic level.

First atoms, now nuclei.  Hey, if you're next name had something to do with quarks I bet people would find it strangely charming.

(Get it?  Strangeness?  Charm?  Okay.  I guess this is why comedians don't tell scientist jokes.)

As for the movies, I've always liked SHIVERS and NIGHTBREED, which both involve Cronenberg, albeit in different roles.  I still prefer VIDEODROME, which I could go on and on about.

Speaking of NIGHTBREED, whatever happened to Clive Barker?  Last I saw of him he was withdrawing into increasingly long novels.

THE CREEPS I liked a lot.  Nothing cheers me up more than seeing a midget, and there's no midget finer than Phil Fondacaro.  But in my mind, he'll always be known as Vohnkar.  (Technically speaking, is he a midget or a dwarf?)

"RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!"
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2001, 01:52:33 PM »

"Technically speaking, is he a midget or a dwarf?"

I'm not sure if there is a specific definition of a midget, or whether it is a blanket term for 'little people' (I still can't see why anyone thought that PC term was more dignified). Anyway, a dwarf, if I remember correctly, has a full-sized head and torso, with short arms and legs.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2001, 04:47:02 PM »

"They should call them 'Big People.' It'd be a lie, but at least it would make them feel good."
--David St. Hubbins, commentary track on This Is Spinal Tap
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My New Name and Recent Veiwings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.