Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:55:42 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider Man 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Spider Man 2  (Read 6265 times)
dean
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 09:47:06 AM »

Overall Verdict for the sequel: I enjoyed it and thought Doc Ock was great.  Also the performances of all the characters was very well done.  The only thing that bugs me [hehe, get it? bugs?]  was the fact that he shows his identity alot.  In the first one as well.  It was just slightly unneccesary, though I'll except it.

I couldn't help thinking that Scorpion would be in the next one; Jonah gets p**sed off at Spiderman taking his sons girl [and therefore wasting his money] so he goes out for revenge by 'creating' Scorpion.  But then I realised that he doesn't know that Spiderman was Peter Parker, so that's kind of a stupid idea.

Possible Suggestions for Spiderman 3:

All possibilities for bad guy point towards the lizard, and that's ok I guess, though it is the easiest plot wise, but it's too predictable, and I don't like predictable.

As much as I love Venom and Carnage, I don't think they would work until later in the franchise:  mainly because at the moment there is some sort of plausabilty towards the creation of the nemesis [science accident etc]  having an alien lifeform is just too out there for me at the moment.  It's just not their time yet.

I think Mysterio would be fun as well, but also not any good for the move to the big screen at the moment.

The only one I can think of that would work other than the obvious Lizard/Green Goblin 2 is the Vulture.  But he's not much more than a glorified theif, so who knows what would be best?

But here's the big suggestion I'd like to make.  As some fans may have noticed, in the comic book Green Goblin is responsible for Pete's girlfriend, Gwen Stacey's, death by getting thrown off the bridge, only not getting saved.

What I would like to see that would throw the entire series into chaos, and is a bold move, but something refreshing, is that Mary Jane is killed later in the series, and is replaced by Gwen Stacey as 'the love of peter parker's life'.  A role reversal if you will.  Since Gwen was around before MJ was.

That would be something I would find incredible if it would happen, but would give the series a big shake up, and keep people on their toes.  That and Gwen Stacey's death was, I've heard, a very big event, and has quite an effect later in the series.  That is something that is lacking in the Spiderman Movies: the death of a main character.

It's controversial, I know, and probably unneccesary, but is something I'd like to see.

Any other ideas?
Kory
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »

I HAVE TO make a point regarding the first Spider Man movie:

If you have the luxury of getting Willem Defoe for a villain, DON'T PUT A MASK ON HIM!   The man has amazing facial features- for cripes sake, put some makeup on him, but NOT A FREAKIN MASK!
Dave Munger
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 10:26:11 PM »

The Spiderman villian that always haunted me was that rhynoceros guy. Of course, he couldn't be the main villain in a movie, he's just a hench (how does he go to the bathroom, man?), but he could maybe team up with the Kingpin, he could be played by the guy from the Daredevil movie.
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2004, 01:25:59 AM »

My brother and I just got back from it. WOO WEE! What a blast! Doctor Octopus kicked ass! And the fights scenes were amazing. The characters had much more interaction between each other (a very VERY good plus). We could have seen a little more of Doctor Oct. but hey the movie is still really good and better than the first one. I wouldn't mind seeing Green Goblin II (rematch) but I really want to see the Lizard and I also really want to see the Scorpion (it could work), Sandman and Mysterio would be fun to. Carange and Venom are at the bottom of my list. It's not that I don't want to see them, I do, but they have a lot of story to cover and I think it needs to be done with care and over one or two movies. Spider-man 2  4/4. Oh and Bruce Campbell was great in this one.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
JohnL

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 09:13:12 PM »

I just saw it the other day, I liked it better than the first one.

>Though at the end you see the next sequel coming which i wonder - is toby
>signed for that?

He'd better be! I hate when they switch actors.
Susan
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 09:22:19 PM »

JohnL wrote:
> >Though at the end you see the next sequel coming which i
> wonder - is toby
> >signed for that?
>
> He'd better be! I hate when they switch actors.

He almost didn't sign for this one, rumors surfaced about other possible leads including Jake Gyllenhaal. I think because it was strenuous for him, he was having back problems or something. Or maybe he was holding out for a bigger paycheck..i think actors hate being in the sequel machine for fear it may kill their career by typecasting them unless alot of money is involved. the way this movie is making money there's no WAY hollywood is going to not make as many sequels as possible until they ruin the movie. When thinking back to geniune movie "sequels" (not trilogies and all that), it always seems like two is the magic number. Three always ended up being overkill.

But nobody cares about the integrity of a film anymore, it's always about the almighty dollar. Too bad, once a bad sequel is made it can sometimes spoil the bunch and leave you sour about the whole series.  They really should learn to end on a good note.

Post Edited (07-05-04 21:24)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 02:58:52 PM »

just my simple two cents: i don't like comics made into movies. i just don't . they are never done well. the first couple supermans were good and so was the crow but i was disapointed by raimi in Spidey one. the second was much better. and bruce campbell's cameo was much better. and i did see stan lee for a moment. my sister, who hasn't seen any evil deads, etc. and doesn't know much about b.campbell didn't even recognize him from bubba ho-tep without his makeup.

too much love story in the spidey flicks.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

nobody
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 03:22:15 PM »

Speaking of Stan Lee... I know the guy is responsible for creating some of the best comics ever, but does he HAVE to appear in EVERY marvel movie? It's getting a little tiresome, at least for me, anyway. I'm very aware of who he is, so he just sticks out like a sore tumb to me. His face almost always sucks me right back into reality and leaves me saying "Oh, right. There's Stan- again! And I'm watching a movie."
Dave Munger
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

My only problem (almost) with comic book movies is that they usually follow the same formula so tightly. The main villain is the one who killed the hero's loved ones, indirectly leading to the hero getting powers, hero kills the main villain at the end. Whoa, it's like it's all come full circle, dude. Changes they make from the comics are usually in order to make it exactly the same as all other comic book movies.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2004, 06:02:14 AM »

mr. henry wrote:
> too much love story in the spidey flicks.

Agreed. In most of these movies, the villain is at least the main plot. The love story is extra. Spidey 2 was almost the other way around.

I've noticed that in the effort to turn superhero flicks into great filmmaking, the fact that they are comic book entertainment seems to be either forgotten or considered something the film must overcome.

Same problem with the Hulk - it could have benefitted from less human drama and more smashing.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
David
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2004, 04:28:54 PM »

If MJ wants to be with spiderman so much and doesnt want to loose him why dont you make it so MJ finds the same spider that Petter got bit bye and get it to bite MJ too. So she wont have to leave him, she will always be bye his side and you can make the bad guy really hard so MJ can help Petter/spiderman defete him/her.Then Petter can help MJ get use to her powers and how to use the web good. And she wont have to worrie bout him because she will always be beside him and then they could get married like they wanted. And Harry will probably pick on her to get to Petter then she could protect herself from Harry.
And if u made Harry the green goblen no one will come see it because it has already been taken and if you did make the green goblen what would be the point it will be the same as the first one with a twist .

PLEASE WRITE BACK TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

THANK YOU
FROM Dave
dean
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 06:50:13 AM »

That was very confusing, and kinda silly.  Sorry Dave!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 02:00:40 PM »

I saw Spiderman 2 the other day and I have also read many of the comics.

Where in Spiderman 2 was this Dr. Connors?
I kept looking for him in the film and never saw him.
By the end of the movie I had forgotten about him.

Who played him in the film and what scenes was he in?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 02:04:33 PM »

ASH:

Dr. Connors was Peter Parker's professor.  He was in a couple of scenes on campus and in the lecture hall.  I'm not sure who played him.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 02:38:40 PM »

Ah I remember now.

He's played by Dylan Baker.
Here's a picture of him:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (07-12-04 15:12)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider Man 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.