Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:03:10 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: FAHRENHEIT 9/11  (Read 47020 times)
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2004, 11:36:25 AM »

OH MY GOD!!!!
It all makes perfect sense now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2004, 12:18:52 PM »

HA HA HA

Quite funny Freep.  :o)

As for Acidburn and seeing Bush say that Saddam is not a threat - Go buy a ticket to Fahrenheit.  You'll see him at a press conference saying exactly that.  No trick editing - no voice overs.  Just Bush being Bush.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
lester
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2004, 01:39:03 PM »

acidburn- you're dodging the question.  We didn't go to war because we thought saddam had three sarin gas things.  Rumsfelt said he had massive stockpiles of these and other weapons and that we knew where they were.  So if they say there are massive stockpiles and there are actually 3 canisters than it is a lie.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2004, 03:08:34 PM »

It is funny how I am dodging the question when I have said at least three times, why would (if indeed he had a stockpile) he just let them sit around so we could find them.
He had over a year to move any weapons he had.

As as for you saying take a look at the movie.  I would not believe ANYTHING that is in this piece of Bush hating crap.  It would be one thing if this film was done by a neutral party. But this man has said over and over how he hates bush and hopes this film will sway the vote.  How would you beleive anything he says after  he says he would do anything to see that Bush is not reelected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lester
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »

Well, he doesn't really SAY anything so I don't have to beleive it.  He shows the clip of Bush in front of the class as the country is attacked, shows clips of bush's interviews at his ranch, and interviews people around the capital.  I'm sure any factual errors he may have made will be pointed out.  I've seen a few and they didn't seem particularly significant.  Like the guy who's nephew went to iraq or whatever.  We wanted BIn Laden after 9/11, not saddam hussein.  We had no emotional investment of any kind in old saddam, he was old news.  

So you're saying that saddam hid his weapons of mass destruction before we got there.   Must be some hiding place.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2004, 09:38:49 PM »

Acidburn,

Now why all of the hate against Moore?  If this was Hannity or someone else from the right wing making a documentary about how Kerry is an all around a***ole, then you would be praising him.

Give Moore the benefit of the doubt.  Go watch the flick, and see just exactly what Bush says.  You can't deny what the man says.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2004, 10:49:20 PM »

making a documentary about how Kerry is an all around a***ole

I think, somehow, the meaning of  the word "documentaty" has been lost somewhere

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2004, 06:32:36 AM »

Freep,

Sad but true.

Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2004, 07:58:06 AM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Acidburn,
>
> Now why all of the hate against Moore?  If this was Hannity or
> someone else from the right wing making a documentary about how
> Kerry is an all around a***ole, then you would be praising him.
>
> Give Moore the benefit of the doubt.  Go watch the flick, and
> see just exactly what Bush says.  You can't deny what the man
> says.
>

Now let me tell you a little something.  I HATE all politicians.  I feel they are all just a bunch of greedy bastards.  The only reason that I do not like more is because of the way that this movie has been made.  It takes clips that people say  out of context  to make it sound like they are saying something totally diferent.,  I have never heard Sean Hannity speak.  The only seaon Ieven know who he is, is because a local radio station bashes him all the time.  
I do not go by what a politician tell me to go by, I speak about my own oppinion.
I actually kind of like Kerry, at least he was smart enough to marry this VERY VERY rich women. :p
On another note I disagree with alot that bush says, but I do believe that this war was necessary.  A lesser of the two evils if you will.  we could go to war now and have some soldiers give their life fighting for something that they believe in, or we could have waited untill Saddam nuked LA  or somewhere and killed hundreds of thouseands of civillians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2004, 08:47:51 AM »

I agree with you about politicans being greedy bastards, Acid.  Like I said in a post before, I'm not defending the left wing of politics cause they are just as corrupted.

As for Kerry I don't really care for him much either but, I do like him quite a bit better than Bush.  And, I think he picked a pretty good VP as well.

As for Moore, he does twist the facts, and his films are biased.  But the video clips don't lie.  And in Fahrenheit 9/11, Moore serves up some fairly effective clips.  I believe the most effective is watching Bush's reaction after hearing about the 9/11 attacks while visiting an elementary school and how he just sat there even after hearing about the second attack.  Quite Quite Quite effective stuff.

Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2004, 09:00:13 AM »

believe me I am not downing him, I recently watched 'Bowling for Colombine' A very interesting film.  It is just hey way that he is trying to use a film that is as one sided as this to try and influence people that do not know any better.
John Edwards is just a pretty boy, I think he belives since he is from the Carolinas that he will help carry the souths votes.   I have never really heard of him, I think he sould have picked Hillary.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2004, 09:20:03 AM »

Boy, I wish you guys would shut up about this s**t, Moore's film will not sway anybody who is not leaning that way already.  I don't want to put myself in the situation of defending any politician.

Bush screwed up going to Iraq, but I don't see that stiff Kerry being any kind of a saviour.   I get more disillusioned over this stuff everyday, everything is so biased these days that you don't have a clue where the truth is hiding among all the partisan bulls**t.

I rate all the pundits like Moore, Hannity,  and the others on both sides as certified dickheads. They  represent the extremes and I believe most people fall in the middle somewhere.  I am a fiscal conservative, but a lot of my social views would be called down right liberal.  I pray we get a candidate some day that has an ounce of common sense.

Post Edited (07-09-04 13:02)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2004, 09:48:15 AM »

Acid,

Well, I am from NC therefore I'm pretty familiar with Edwards' policies.  He seems to be one of the more honest ones, but one can never tell

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2004, 09:58:01 AM »

Trek,

I agree with you to some point.  I believe that there should not be party lines, there should be ideas.  I believe that canadates should be voted into office by what they represent not which party they are with which in our current time is two completely different things.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2004, 12:22:53 PM »

I believe the most effective is watching Bush's reaction after hearing about the 9/11 attacks while visiting an elementary school and how he just sat there even after hearing about the second attack. Quite Quite Quite effective stuff.

From The Lies Of Michael Moore

---------------------
More interesting is the moment where Bush is shown frozen on his chair at the infant school in Florida, looking stunned and useless for seven whole minutes after the news of the second plane on 9/11. Many are those who say that he should have leaped from his stool, adopted a Russell Crowe stance, and gone to work. I could even wish that myself. But if he had done any such thing then (as he did with his "Let's roll" and "dead or alive" remarks a month later), half the Michael Moore community would now be calling him a man who went to war on a hectic, crazed impulse. The other half would be saying what they already say—that he knew the attack was coming, was using it to cement himself in power, and couldn't wait to get on with his coup
---------------------

Easy to spin a video clip any way you want it, if you're trying to make it fit your agenda.

This is why I said the definition of 'documentary' had been lost.  I don't care if Moore doesn't like Bush.  That's his right as an American.  But he's on a political carade masquarading as a "documentary film-maker" and if he was honest he'd fess up and admit his stuff it notably twisted.

A real documentary about te events before and after 9/11 would probably be pretty interesting; but I think I'd enjoy it more on History Channel than in the silver screen, by people who were actually interested in documenting for the future everything that we can know about that time, not some political hack with a camcorder who's the darling of the media for now.

Post Edited (07-09-04 12:28)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.