Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:29:04 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: FAHRENHEIT 9/11  (Read 46955 times)
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2004, 12:27:28 AM »

There are loud mouthed arrogant jerks on both sides burgo.. free will go figure. ;)

The only thing that felt kinda staged/prompted was the two grandmommas talking about the defense deal. Other than that it really moved me in a way im unsure how to describe. Sort of a slow creeping dread of realization. I was really intruiged at how he showed reflections of the same emotions on both sides of the conflict.

A powerful series of infomative and comedic firebombs aimed squarely at his target audience. They hit me hard and dragged me through a minefield of different emotions.. to tell the truth ive really never seen a movie/documentary of any sort that moved me in so many directions at once.  Do i lean towards any side of the fence, of course as we all probably do. But try to forget Democrat and Republican for an our or so and watch as a human.

I enjoyed and was deeply disturbed by this film.It left me feeling that potential terror can come from governments closer to home than we think...  Is questioning athourity unamerican? considering the track record of dishonest political figures in our recent past id say its the most american right we have.    

Could the goverment take more and more of our rights under our noses in the name of patriotism? Id say thats a really smart question to ponder awhile...
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2004, 12:32:15 AM »

kate.. u thought this one was endless, u shoulda seen the Buried M Night one.. lol  

I think m night paid these dudes off to remove it.. or maybe they saw dead people and freaked. ;D
Lauren Wainwright
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2004, 05:03:10 AM »

First of all, I am from England. I do not really support George Bush or Tony Blair. Mainly cos they both just kiss each other's ass's.

I saw this movie yesterday.
I thought it was a brilliant movie. It tolds many truths, even if they were one sided, i felt it was nice to see someone putting it out there.
The thing about passing bills which are not even read really got to me. George Bush was a constant annoyence. I mean, why was he sat in that class room. He could of told the children he had to go to an important buisness call so he wouldnt seem the bad guy. But no, he had to have his lil Press Pictures released.
The war in IRAQ was not needed. Mainly because iraq had dont nothing. The imagry of children running around with kites before the bombs, was also portraying the welth of the country. It's not like they are attacking a country which doesnt have poverty as high as Iraq does. It was also displaying the innocent of the country. IRAQ had nothing to do with it. Children display innocent in all sorts of ways. That is the reason it was put in I think.
The was on IRAQ was not needed, they needed to have a war on the Al Queda (or however you spell it, sorry I know my spelling is bad).  Not on Iraq. Isn't it convienient that IRAQ has a lot of OIL and that Bush used to work in Oil companys!!

I dont think everyone realises that Bush is an idiot. he doesnt make smart changes, he does what people tell him to do. His election was rigged. And as someone who watched the news when this was all happening I felt some of these answers would come to light. I had some suspisions before so when Michal Moore says what I was feeling and thinking in alot more detail with so much proof it makes me really wonder about the US government.
It's a shame that such a big, rich country is full of lies and deciet .

Thank you~
Writer
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2004, 08:24:59 AM »

That anyone could believe there's any "truth" in this film at all short of half-truths (which are, after all, even stronger lies than total untruths) shows just how thoroughly self-deceived the loony leftists really are. Even some of the far left have had misgivings about lending their support to this garbage! To any who claim that we detractors are just blowing hot air, I present here a document which details every lie Moore told in this film:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

The fifty-six deceits, by the way, have since been upgraded to fifty-nine. I strongly doubt that any of the losers who've been sounding off about how this film "opened their eyes" to "the truth" will open their eyes to the truth for real and read this, but it's good for those of us who wish to carve up their arguments to be aware that this exists.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2004, 09:36:03 AM »

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2004, 01:45:08 PM »

And i dont believe there is any truth in what YOU say. It's fun to repeat the political phrases you hear on tv huh? Have fun with all that wool over your eyes "writer"
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »

Nice one freep i like that sentiment. Quite prophetic.
Writer
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2004, 05:04:13 PM »

Touched a nerve, did I, Tadpole? It's always amusing to see another loony leftist Moore-on flailing with fury and blind hatred because he can't answer a rational argument.

Think your pathetic personal attacks can keep people from reading the truth about Moore's crockumentary, Tadpole? Well, I'm going to test my hypothesis that I can make your head explode just by repeating the reference (which, so far, you show yourself to be incapable of disputing) in every reply. Here it is again:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

Don't be a Moore-on like Tadpole, people: copy and paste this reference today. If you look at so much as one or two of the numerous cases made against this film, you'll have a firmer hold on reality than all of Moore's worshippers put together!
Harry
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2004, 05:17:52 PM »

TadpoleBuckshot,
did you read the 59 deceits?  
It seems kinda hard to dispute.  If it's incorrect, I'd like to see the deceits argued against.
lester
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2004, 05:45:22 PM »

didn't moore respnd to those
Dave Munger
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »

If he did, it's probably on his website.
lester
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2004, 05:55:26 PM »

I agree so far with a few of them, princibly the one about fox news calling the elction in bush's favor.  It appears that's not how it happened.  One that's less compelling is the teacher who says he did the right thing by sitting there and reading the book while the planes hit the building.  First of all, is this lady some kind of expert on politics??  If I was in that class I think I would have wanted the president to get presidential.  A school teachers opinion is meaningless in this context if you think about it.  What if some other schoolteacher disagreed.
Jay
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2004, 06:33:42 PM »

i like that sentiment. Quite prophetic.

It was, two thousand years ago when the apostle Paul wrote it
Jay
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2004, 06:36:16 PM »

If I was in that class I think I would have wanted the president to get presidential

Like from another site I linked, I think that's pretty much a situation that not matter what you do, someone is going to find fault with it as 'the wrong thing to do' so....
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2004, 08:23:44 AM »

I am not sure how I would have handled that situation, but what the teacher is saying is that the way he did handle it  was good for the children.  Think of how freaked out a bunch of kids would get if the PRESIDENT heard of what was going on and jumped and ran out screaming 'The world is coming to and end, the war has started'  It is not like he hung around there for two or three hours after it happened and signed autographs.  He finished the little 10 min. story he was reading and left.   Besides what could he do to stop what was going on, the CIA would not allow him to go with 50 miles of new york at that time I am sure, that is there job....to protect the president.  

But , flip that case around....if he would have jumped up and ran out (not even screaming)  just left, you would all be saying now that he scared the children and should have stayed and handled it better.  You bush HATERS are only trying to find something to blame him for.  

Now all that being said what do you guys think about this whole Sandy Burger stealing Top Secret Docs?   Lets run down the list.....He stole documents in an election year to gain political power. ...hmmm...now where have I heard this before...oh yea I remember....WATERGATE...the exact same thing was done.  But I suppose you BUSH haters are going to overlook that as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.