Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:35:10 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: FAHRENHEIT 9/11  (Read 46722 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 12:43:07 PM »

maria paula wrote:
> i could give u some good reasons.

No offense, but that's what I'm talking about - clever quips with nothing to back them up.

That's still not as annoying as opinions that are cobbled together from bits of other people's opinions, tossed together with second-hand accounts of half-understood news reports and biased editorials. I can't get into a good political discussion anymore, because that's the best most people seem willing or able to do.

That also worries me, because that is just the sort of person who will watch a Michael Moore 'documentary' without the necessary grain of salt. When this one opened, I got to listen to an interview with a woman coming out of a theatre, talking about how much she learned that she hadn't known. Scary.

Post Edited (07-07-04 13:34)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 01:56:56 PM »

of course i have lots, anyway i will give u one reason i dont like him.
All the reasons for which the war was concived  are falling down one by one
 not found the massive weapon destruction, there have no been relations
a mong Osama Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, the Iraqis they are not considered
Liberated, every day innocent people die and this situation its more culminating With every hourtthat goes by ,now,  he said that the war its over, well, i dont really think so, and nowadays the situation its even worse than when it started . and the oil?? ok i wont talk about it because  everybody knows whats going on with it, the price its growing day by day and this its not only afecting americaor  europe too, africa, central america, south america, asia  where millions of poor people  are affected too,and yes, the prices for oil are for everybody the same.
i have to say too  that thanks to this war 200 hundred of people died in my country the 11of march , students, middle  and low class workers,  and i have to tell u that my bestfriend boyfriend  was in that train and heĀ“s been 3 weeks at hospital.
while the 90% of the population wanted to avoid the war, and was againts it, our president, that was supporting george bush, didnt care about his population opinion, and with the disagreement of the almost entire spain, he diceded that it was better for us to got into this war, ok, the train terrorist attak was the end of his goverment., and the spanish population punished him for that.
and i could give u more reasons why i dont like him, but i think that with this ones i have enough.

pauli
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2004, 02:27:26 PM »

maria paula wrote:

> while the 90% of the population wanted to avoid the war, and
> was againts it, our president, that was supporting george bush,
> didnt care about his population opinion,

Has everyone forgot that after 9/11 that over 80% of the country was in favor of  taking out any terrorist  that would want to harm our country.  Which is why we first started to go after Osamma.  Now that the memory is no longer fresh on everyones mind, they have decided that perhaps we should not have done what we did.  

>All the reasons for which the war was concived are falling down one by one
> not found the massive weapon destruction

There were canister is Saren(sp) gas found in a warehouse, but everyone decided to turn their heads and say they must have forgot about them.  This man knew a year in advance that we would come after him, do you not think that  is enough time to mony any and all weapons he had to another country that he would buy off?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2004, 02:39:50 PM »

noone has said that ossama wasnt need to be found, i agree that terrorist have to be caught and condemned for it but........ it was necesary to pierce a whole country?? why for??lots of people died for it and  still he hasnt been found.

pauli
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 02:58:32 PM »

I think you are getting Afganistan(sp) confused with Iraq.  To my knowledge the loss of life in Afg.  has been nowhere near as large as in Iraq.  At least that we have heard of.   And noboday ever said that he had WMDs.  We attacked him because we had proof the he was behind 9/11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 03:07:49 PM »

"Has everyone forgot that after 9/11 that over 80% of the country was in favor of taking out any terrorist that would want to harm our country. Which is why we first started to go after Osamma. "
u mentionated him, not me. so im not confusing anything, i was just mentioning the things why i dont like him.
anyway, im glad u can have your opinion and i can have mine, maybe u like bush, thats fine, its your president, and u think he is defending your country, i dont like him, at all,and its fine too, im i right?

pauli
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2004, 03:27:29 PM »

My wife and I finally caught this flick last night, and I was quite suprised.  Seems that Moore's film is pretty much a sumation of everything I've been saying since the "WAR ON TERROR" first started.  

I still think that our attack on Iraq was uncalled for.  Sure, Sadaam was a bad guy, an "Evil Doer" if you would.  That does not give us a reason to attack him though.  He has never attacked our country, and yet we sure bombed the hell out of him.  

There are no WMDs.  I don't care about the Sarin (sp?) that was found in Iraq.  The only news source I had heard that from was Fox News and well all know about them (Hannity).  

I'm not a democrat and I'm certainly not a republican.  It just p**ses me off to see this puppet in office, being controlled by his father's friends.  F**k that man.  Bush is on his way out and I will rejoice on election day.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 03:32:57 PM »

maria paula wrote:

> of course i have lots, anyway i will give u one reason i dont
> like him.
> All the reasons for which the war was concived  are falling
> down one by one
>  not found the massive weapon destruction, there have no been
> relations
> a mong Osama Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, the Iraqis they are
> not considered

You mentioned him first. :)
Boy now we sound like a bunch of kids.

I understand your views, and I tend to agree that things have not worked out the way that everyone hoped. Which was that we would run in there and in two days we would be out and there would peace in the middle east again.  But unfornutaly that did not happen.  So people are starting to say we should never have been there.  But, this is what happens during a war.  Just because things did not work out right, does not mean that our reason for being there is any less just.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photokirk
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2004, 04:24:25 PM »

>>There are no WMDs. I don't care about the Sarin (sp?) that was found in Iraq. The only news source I had heard that from was Fox News and well all know about them (Hannity).

The sarin and mustard gas shells were found and verified by Polish troops.  That was covered by AP, hardly a right-wing news outlet.  Here's a CNN story:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/25/iraq.main/index.html

What about the uranium they just removed from Iraq?  Is that enough for you?
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040707/ts_nm/iraq_nuclear_un_dc_2
lester1/2jr
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 06:27:59 PM »

that's good that they found those weopns before they could be used on us, but rumsfelt and those guys led us to beleive there were STOCKPILES. of these and other things EVERYWHERE
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2004, 08:06:27 PM »

You give better reasons than most people I know.

Still, I don't understand how anyone can be blamed for a train bombing but the people who did it. I've certainly never understood what makes people lay the blame on the people who 'brought it on' by doing something they were entitled to do. A group of criminals attacked civilians because your government supported Bush. How is that his fault? I wouldn't even say it was your president's fault.

There is only one reason for people to use terrorism. It works. People turning their outrage in the wrong direction, a government turfed out of office, the incoming government determined not to stick their necks out. I'd call that pretty effective. The Spanish people punished their government, and gave the terrorists exactly what they wanted.

As for the war in Iraq, the real goal, to me, was to get rid of Saddam. Mission accomplished. In the long run, Iraq will be better off. Things would settle down sooner, without terrorists doing their best to mess it all up.

And high gas prices have more to do with the consumer being over a barrel (no pun intended). People are so dependent on the stuff, they can't just stop buying when the price gets out of hand. And competition in the industry is virtually non-existent.

I don't see any of these as particularly strong reasons to hate Bush specifically.

Post Edited (07-08-04 04:54)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 08:40:32 AM »

As I said before he had over a year to remove any weapons he may have had.  
And example:
You are sitting in your house growing pot plants. You hear that  on august 23 at 10:00am the police are going to come and search your house.  Are you just gonna sit there looking at the plants and say, well maybe they will not find them.  NO, you will get them out of there.
This is exactly what they think Saddam did, they believe he moved them to Lybia(sp) or somplace like that.
The bill that HE himself signed said that Iraq would destroy and and ALL WMD's.  Even finding on shell with sarin(sp) gas was a violation of that bill.  

Now if you go one mile over the speed limit, the cops have the right to give you a ticket.  But they are usually very cool about that.  But that is the law.  It is a LIMIT.

So how can anyone say that he did not break the law, you have the proof.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 09:43:49 AM »

I'm not denying the fact that Sadaam broke the agreement.  One canister of sarin is enough proof of that.

But, what about when Bush was saying that he had no fears about Sadaam and how he did not think that he had any biological weapons?  And then once Bush's approval rating started to dip, Sadaam instantly has WMDs!  And now he has new and improved factories for these weapons!  He is Satan incarnate!  All fear him or he will eat your children and your soul!

All kidding aside, do you really believe that we were not duped into going to war?  

And now I'm sure that the reply: "Well most wars have been based on lies......"  

Whatever.  I call shenanigans!  This war happened without merit.  It happened for Bush's gain and for the gain of his friends.  This is something that cannot be denied.  I don't care who you are or what political party you affiliate yourself with.  

The proof is with Halliburton.  How could good ole' Dick not have made huge amounts of cash from the contracts Halliburton recieved in Iraq.  This is not a conspiracy theory because it's not a conspiracy if it's completely obvious.

This isn't to say that there isn't crooked politicans on the left side of things cause there of course are.  It just p**ses me off that America was lied to and that our troops are dying for the wealth of a group of the elite.

That's not America.  I don't care if you are a republican and support this type of behavior and dare I say it; this type of dictatorship.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2004, 10:13:31 AM »

I have never heard Bush say the he did not think that Saddam had any biological weapons.  That does not mean that it is not true, but please show me where he said this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fearless Freep

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2004, 11:16:01 AM »

I thought the  purpose of the war was so that the Rangers would win the AL West.  I mean, the current president is  the ex-owner of the Rangers and they've been doing really well since we invaded Iraq.  They're in first place in the division.  And the MLB season ends shortly after the next election...Co-incidence?  I think not!

Post Edited (07-08-04 11:31)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.