Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:15 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3D « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 3D  (Read 3937 times)
james
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 10:11:29 PM »

yea is there a way i can get a copy of house of wax.....

odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 11:47:39 PM »

Essentially, Burgo told you where to get a copy:
http://search.ebay.com/house-of-wax_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Yaddo42
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 06:21:08 AM »

I remember so wanting to watch the 3-D versions of those older films that turned up in syndication, when you had to buy the glasses at 7-11 like it was mentioned earlier. But the nearest 7-11 was an hour's drive away, so no local stores had them, and my parents said there was no way they were driving that far for a pair of cheap 3-D glasses so I could watch some old movies. Always felt I missed out somehow. I can remember the hosts explaining how to adjust the color contrast to see the film properly. Still a little disappointed.

Regarding "Dial M for Murder", I've heard Roger Ebert on several occasions explain that without 3-D, the movie is a bland generic thriller barely worthy of Hitchcock, but with 3-D it was one of his better films since Hitchcock made 3-D so necessary to fully enjoying the film.
peter johnson
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 10:36:46 PM »

Ebert may be right about "Dial M" in that sense.  Hitchcock was so totally into whatever tech advances were around at the time -- always "first on the block" with improved sound techniques, etc.  Were he alive today, he'd have been the first to do an all-CGI character, for good or ill.
I remember the menace of the iron-spiked fences in the film too, that didn't really do anything but BE there & add to an air of 3-D tension.  I mean, they could poke your eye out!
However, I think "Dial M" works as a "flat" film, too.  I think probably Hitchcock's weakest film was "The Wrong Man", because it just ends so abruptly, with very little resolution/climax.
peter johnson/denny crane
james
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 12:32:40 PM »

hey...whats up
         i think i got the same dvds from the same person...anyway im trying to watch 3d dvds on my pc... any suggetions.
james
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 12:33:48 PM »

hey...whats up
         i think i got the same dvds from the same person...anyway im trying to watch 3d dvds on my pc... any suggetions.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3D « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.