Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:06:09 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Worst Jobs (or bad things found while working/gross out) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT: Worst Jobs (or bad things found while working/gross out)  (Read 8918 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 06, 2004, 01:56:26 AM »

So I'm sitting here reading archives on www.maximonline.com and they're all about the grossest, nastiest jobs or things found at jobs.
Hilarious stuff!
Trust me, you want to go and read some of the things that have happened to people there.
Here's the link to go read the many gross/funny stories:

http://www.maximonline.com/grit/worst_job/archive.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading several stories I remembered one specific story one of my ex-girlfriends told me.

She was working at J.C. Penney's at the time and the store was getting ready to close.
She and several of her co-workers noticed a peculiar smell while straightening up the shelves before the end of their shift.
They basically did the "hot & cold" thing to help them zero in on it.
Sniffing around the store, they finally came to the aisle where the women's purses are kept.
They found out what the smell was and where it was coming from...
Someone had taken a nasty s**t inside one of the purses and placed it back on the shelf.
EWWWW!!!!

They had surmised that someone must've taken it into one of the dressing rooms and done the deed in there.
What disturbed them most of all was that it was most likely a woman that had done it. (or so they thought)
I can't believe how disgusting and messed up some people are!
It boggles the mind.

Have any of you had any disgusting experiences at work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (07-15-04 01:13)
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 02:12:25 AM »

Aw geez that's a gross site Ash, how the hell do you find this stuff?(good job BTW) I suppose the closest to worst job I've had was when the night shift at the McDonalds my brother worked at needed help. They had an inspection the next day and they really needed extra people to help. My brother asked me and I said "sure" and I went over and helped clean the grease off the floor from 11:00 to 3:30. It wasn't so bad actually I finally got to meet all the weird but cool and nice people my brother told me so much about. I guess the grossest thing I saw was when one of the guys empty a fryer into a bucket. The grease was kinda light brownish with yellow and had black spots in it as well as chunks and a god awful stench! (I know that's sorta wimpie but it was the grossest I could come up with)

Post Edited (07-06-04 02:20)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ash

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 02:33:29 AM »

Oh...I remember another gross story.

My old buddy Brian's uncle owns a turkey farm in northern Iowa.
He paid us to help him out one day when a couple of his workers didn't show up.

Needless to say, dealing with live turkeys is a messy, smelly business.
We were told to use shovels and a wheelbarroww to clean up turkey s**t.
We were to shovel it into the wheelbarrow and haul it outside where it was to be put into a bin.  (Don't ask me what he did with it after we put it in there)

The problem was that some turkeys can be quite mean and will chase you and peck at your legs and ankles.
It was hot inside there so ceiling fans are installed to keep it somewhat cool.
These fans spin at an incredibly high rate of speed and are made of steel.
One kept pecking at my friend so he grabbed it up and drop-kicked it right into the fan!
It made a loud "CLANG" noise and feathers flew everywhere.
The turkey never pecked at anything again.

Also, on our way out to dump a load of crap, my friend was pulling the wheelbarrow behind him when a turkey ran right underneath the wheel of the wheelbarrow and got totally squashed.
Its guts literally shot out of its ass.
YUCK!!
I was walking behind him so I saw everything and I had to use my gloved hand to pick them up and throw them into the wheelbarrow.
Yummy!

daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 02:49:20 AM »

Ugh! You're "Wheelbarrel and Turkey" story isn't as bad as the first one. The wheel barrel part an accident (still gross) and the first part was more funny but the story about solid waste in a purse was too gross! I mean that was person that did it on purpose!

Wait! I have a better story (you'll love this one) it's not mine but one of my teachers told it. (my favorite teacher)

His name is Peter. Peter had a friend who was a captain of a college Basketball team. There was this one weird dude in the group that would, for five dollars, eat anybodys boogers. So they'd pick their nose, smear it on the window (really fine like) and the Weird Dude would lick up the snot booger or just remove it off the window with his finger and eat it.

So one day during the game this one guy ,let's call him Kenny, is playing and he gets a elbow in the face. This causes his nose to break and blood comes gousing out of his nose. Kenny sat out of the rest of the game. His nose wall all bent to one side. Well one the way home on the bus (here's the good part) Kenny's nose has stopped bleeding but he goes over to Weird Dude and says "Hey". So with his fingers he reachs into his nose and extracts a inch-long-bloody-booger. He smears hit across the window and says" eat that". Weird Dude takes the booger and puts it in his mouth. Instead of swalloing it he begins to chew it like gume, or some sort of tough beef *chew* *chew* *chew*. (At this point a guy gets up and goes over to the trash can and gags)

I'll tell another story that my favorite teacher ,Peter, told us about.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 10:33:29 AM »

When I  worked in Dallas many years ago, we had a customer that was a beer distributor .  They were complaining of a printer problem, so we go over and take the cover off the printer . The thing was cockroach central , they came pouring like in the movie Joe's Apartment.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fluffy CatFood
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 11:12:56 AM »

Well a friend of mine works in a supermarket, one night he went out to the back storeroom to check out some inventory, he said that he was gone for around about 2 minutes. When he came out, he found a turd sitting in the middle of one of the isles. Somebody actually took a s**t on the spot and left it there.
      Another time a drunk guy came in to the store and took a leak down some sort of ventilation duct in the chiller where all the dairy foods are kept, he was so p**sed that he thought it was a drain.

Finally, this isnt someone I know but someone I felt sorry for. I went to go and use a public restroom, someone had decided to smear s**t allover everything. I decided it was best to leave, on my way out I saw the cleaner coming along with his mop and bucket, with a bit of a p**sed off look on his face, I felt bad for him :)
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »

Quick question, what does the OT on the title of some of these mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Ash

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 01:53:19 PM »

OT means "Off Topic" as in something not about badmovies.
Kory
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 05:27:41 PM »

My dad has been in law enforcement for years- he now has coroner duties and has seen some gnarley stuff:

1- Dead bodies that are half eaten by cats.
2- Dead bodies that are completely eaten by wolves.
3- Drunk people that uriniate & deficate on themselves in his presence.
4- A high female, naked (not good naked... trust me), threw her used tampon at him.
5- He's been vomited on countless times.

The list could go on for days...
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »

I used to work in a heritage listed Restaurant/Bakery, it was supposed to be really classy and tourists would often come to eat there but the place was filthy, crawling with cockroaches and rats.
We never had enough milk so if some cockroaches crawled into the hot milk jug for making coffee they would just froth the milk with them in there and pour it into the coffee... no one ever noticed.
Also we found cockroaches baked into the cakes on more than one occasion. After working there I was kinda put off buying coffee and cake at restaurants for a while.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Susan
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »

Here's somtehing gross and also something to ponder on:

My ex used to have a job in his teens working at a mexican restaurant. Part of his job was removing stuff from the tables and dumping the tortilla chips leftover into a giant bin.

As it turns out...they recycled.

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 12:50:40 AM »

I don't have any stories of my own, so I'll just post this link to a post I read a few years ago, that always stuck in my mind (have no idea why the link didn't work, so those of you interested, here's a copy you can cut and paste);

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=5e0d1f805be2dee1&seekm=36DDC45C.64198C0C%40info2000.net#link10

Post Edited (07-09-04 20:14)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 02:09:39 AM »

Well, if you are looking for worst jobs, there is really no contestant to a paramedic.  My friend worked as a paramedic, in a small town no less, so he knew all the corpses he was dealing with.  I hated getting that guy going.

My grossest work story, and I don't think it's gross so much as funny although you may feel different, is as follows:

I've been working in a library for quite a few years.  For a long time I was a page, which meant I sort and ordered books, placed them on the shelves and generally tidied up the place.  (Not janitorial work, just picking up books and the like.)  Anyway, one day I was walking across the floor upstairs, and I looked down and saw something strange.  It was one half of a pair of false teeth.

Just sitting there.

On the floor.

One half of a pair of false teeth.

What could I do?  I told the librarian in charge about it.  I picked it up with a paper towel.  I don't know what happened to it.  Did it go in lost and found?  I'm pretty sure that's some sort of biohazard.

Anyway, that's the weirdest thing I've ever had to pick up.

But I did just read a story on fark.com about how garbage collectors have learned to not pick up bags that they feel are filled with human waste.  This is because when that trash compactor compacts them they tend to explode on the people in the truck.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
reagan
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 02:42:35 AM »

okay, doubt I could beat any of u ;live in Oz;,worked in hospitality-staff pick up food off the floor, spit in food, try to run out on bills(which can truly get ugly-believe me) & @ one place very famous I worked at, we had rats - which some customers saw
reagan
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 02:43:10 AM »

okay, doubt I could beat any of u ;live in Oz;,worked in hospitality-staff pick up food off the floor, spit in food, try to run out on bills(which can truly get ugly-believe me) & @ one place very famous I worked at, we had rats - which some customers saw
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Worst Jobs (or bad things found while working/gross out) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.