Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:35:35 PM
714341 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD - WORKING PRINT « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD - WORKING PRINT  (Read 2186 times)
Steve May
« on: September 22, 2001, 02:16:34 PM »

I am dying for a working print copy of the first Return of the Living Dead movie.  I know that hey are out there but there seem to be hardly any available copies of it here in the UK.  And I ask you, the gore filled public to help me in my quest in finding a good quality copy of this movie????
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2001, 03:46:19 PM »

I have a copy of it and the quality is pretty poor in the cut scenes as it is in pretty much all of the tapes circulating around of it. I would have said immediately try ebay or blackest heart which have this tape but I see your from the UK. If your dying to find out what the cut scenes were try this site:

http://www.geocities.com/uneedamed/

or goto the the internet movie database www.imdb.com and search for return of the living dead. Under the links setion there's a link called guts and gory. There you can find sound files from the cut scenes and I believe even view a few.
PoorLogic
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2001, 02:56:47 PM »

try gorehound video,  pretty good prices and he will put it on NTSC or PAL format. Use a search engine and type gorehound video, the web address should be dlcwest or something like that
victor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2001, 08:41:55 PM »

Steve:

I'm not sure if you're interested in a DVD or not, but Tartan Video presses Region 2, PAL versions right now, and it seems to be easily available in the UK.  You can get it here (among other places): http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000061810

Hope this helps.

victor
thecrowbar.n3.net
B.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2001, 12:19:17 AM »

Let me get this straight: You want the "Return of the Living Dead" workprint in GOOD condition?!  You'll be lucky if you can find it ANY condition, pal (especially considering it was filmed in 1983).  I'll tell you right now that people who collect workprints don't collect them for the quality; we do it for the added/extended scenes, alternate/temp music scores, and anything else that makes them differ from their usually butchered counterparts (the final prints).  You obviously don't seem too interested in the workprint itself if you're more concerned about the visual quality of the film, rather than its content.  You should stop looking right now, if the visual quality is more important to you; ALL workprints are extremely rudimentary, and usually are timecoded (which, unless the film is letterboxed, will obstruct the image, depending upon where it is placed on the screen).  Yeah, I know it's a toss-up between quality and content, but in the end, I much prefer the workprints of films to their officially released versions.  And in the case of the particular film you're looking for, the workprint is without a doubt, worth it (20 whole minutes are in the workprint that were never released anywhere else... and they're carnage-filled, which is very cool).  If you want the film you're looking for, check out the internet; it's the only way you'll find it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD - WORKING PRINT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.