Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:54:46 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler)  (Read 4436 times)
Dave Munger
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:36:37 AM »

The people in the village are wee elves or Borowers.  The creatures on the outside are humans, who are like giants to them.

http://davemunger.blogspot.com
Token
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 10:36:06 PM »

I relaly hope you're kidding.
Dave Munger
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 03:34:42 PM »

Me to.
Token
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 05:30:45 AM »

I've heard a few things that I'm afraid are true on other sites. Someone asked M. Night if a leaked ending on the internet was true and he replied that there is no twist ending to this movie. Then again, the theory I heard about the "creatures" seems highly likely to be in the movie. It's iffy, but it could be good.
Dementia
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 02:57:35 PM »

I think its more like Children of the Corn
Dave Munger
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 05:59:11 PM »

So what theory did you hear about the creatures?
Token
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 12:26:33 PM »

**!!MAJOR SPOLIER!!**

The theory I heard involves says that there are no creatures. The reason is that the village elders don't want people leaving and becoming corrupted by the outside world (oh yeah, and it's not really in the 1800's) so they nuture this story about creatures hiding in the village to prevent people from wanting to leave. The red slashes are just a gimmick to scare the people further.

Another theory is that the red marks are made by constructions crews and they're marking the houses for destruction. This would work considering everyone is hiding in their basements. It doesn't all add up, and there are some plot holes, but that's just what I heard. Personally, I think M. Night is gonna steer clear of a surprise ending, seeing as everyone expects him to do another one. The surprise is that there is no surprise.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 02:35:44 AM »

I think the creatures in the woods are going to turn out to be Oompa-Loompas. :)
Al
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 09:50:28 PM »

I like your approach... people are tricking the villagers (and the audience) into expecting something supernatural when truthfully there is a conspiracy going on.  Here's my take on it though:
Shyamalan recently said that this movie is applicable to the current condition of the world, especially involving fear.  I thought that this might mean that we are afraid of what we don't understand.
So, I think that the mysterious creatures are Native Americans.  The villagers are afraid of them because they don't understand them.  The Natives are p**sed that people are in their territory, and they start trying to spook them off.  Does this sound plausible?
I think that the mythology about the forest dwarfs will be a (very creepy) smokescreen.  It's possible that we might see a dwarf and it turns out to be a Native American child.
Mike
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 08:29:54 PM »

I have a picture from the trailer that captures part of one of the creatures...e-mail me if you want it...mschrems@comcast.net
loyal1
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 08:53:19 PM »

I have heard sooooo many "spoilers" from what Token said (Modern Day theory/Construction), that the villagers themselves are actually the creatures and only elders know the truth, a zoo theory where they are an experiment on another planet, and many others.

If you go to imdb.com, you will find the full cast list which includes a radio announcer and security gaurd at a desk...so modern day might just be plausible...then there are religious undertones from passover (blood on the door), and what there are three main important characters who must venture into the woods for reasons different...and one is blind (except sees auras), one is deaf but can hear the screams of the creatures, and one can't speak...yup, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil...

Some even think that it is not really a village at all but some sort of prision (whether in ones mind or literally)

Well, there is enough chat going on about it, and sure the movie will not live up to it's hype, but I will go and see it anyway for I do like some of M Might's movies.
Dave Munger
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 09:52:05 PM »

Starting to sound like the Village in "The Prisoner".
Cha-Ching!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 01:48:49 AM »

Yeah... Saw this in an episode of the Twilight Zone once.
loyal1
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 03:43:11 AM »

someone that reviewed the movie said the same thing, but wasn't sure which episode.
Ryan
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 09:14:13 AM »

.... Bah.

Can't be native americans, or Village 'elders'. If you look at the latest trailer, near the end, a woman is standing and then one of the creatures zooms up behind her and grabs her, roaring. If you pause it at the direct moment,  or, better yet, have a VCR that plays in slow motion, you can easily spot the canines on the creature's face.

But other than the teeth, there were no visible things on the thing. The red hood, thankfully, blocked our view. And the scariest thing is something only the audience can imagine.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.