Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:45:54 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler)  (Read 4409 times)
George
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 02:04:51 PM »

Canines......wolves.......red hood..............

Sounds alot to me like............The Big Bad Wolf!!!!

M. Night may be giving us a fairy tale.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 02:15:51 PM »

Ah, so the guy is going into the woods to take food to his grandma?
Dave Munger
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 04:41:54 PM »

Some thoughts: The radio announcer and security guard could be in a flash forward, like "Titanic". The supernatural looking stuff could be in dream sequences. The villagers could be effected by a contaminant in their food or water, like ergot.
Kanedoras
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 11:04:53 AM »

When I first saw the trailer I thought they were dealing with Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) gone bad.  Eh, who knows.
PalmTree
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2004, 09:28:41 PM »

SPOiLER

Token was right it was about elders putting fear into the villagers to keep them from going into the forest and finding out there entire life system was made up. The leader of the village owns a nature reserve which is a no fly zone so people from the otuside world will not know of what is taking place. The workers at the park are told not to let anyway go into the forest or the other way around. at the end the villagers need medicle supplies so the elders send a blind women because she will not see the cars and other things.
asdsaf
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 11:47:58 PM »

Hey,

I did a short description below:

You see there are no creatures, it was a set up by the elders who were in control of the village.  Whenever someone questioned the role of one or all of the elders they would dress up and scare the villagers,  it was to keep control.  That was the big twist. They used colors and things to scare the villagers

In the end you find out that the movie is in present. when one of the villagers leaves into the woods and finds a paved road. That is about it....

( And no I am not kidding)
asdsaf
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2004, 11:49:15 PM »

If ya don't believe me go to AICN and type in the search bar :

The village
Yaddo42
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 08:54:53 AM »

Ebert gave it one star, and in his review he seemed very let down by it. He ended it by saying after the film is over you want to rewind that part of your life, get your time back, walk backwards out of the theater, and enjoy getting your money back from the booth.

To use the wrestling cliche, M Night Shyamalan may have gone to the well once too often.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

He's been on a downward spiral since Sixth Sense, that's for sure. Unless this has dire box-office though, he'll pull through.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2004, 12:38:02 PM »

I just saw this piece of crap.  Years from now, when Shyamalan is making direct-to-video movies starring Eric Roberts, people will say, "Hey, isn't that the same guy who made THE SIXTH SENSE? How did he sink so low?"

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghark8
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2004, 12:03:09 AM »

well, me and my spouse have just viewed the village. this is the most horrible piece of film that  has been flickered onto the silver screen. it was neither scifi or horor nor was it a mystery. to us, it was a total waste of plasma. all of the previews were fals advertisement. the maker of this movie has reached the rank of me and mine to never pay to see any otther garbage he creates.

ghark8
Jack Frost
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2004, 08:51:07 AM »

If you have a girlfriend than this movie is for her, this is not a guys movie at all, and the movie is so freaking boring. I can't believe he made this piece of poop. Its sad, really his movies are usually the great ones. Unbreakable was an incredible movie, but than came signs which was alright but wasn't anything great. Than came this and OMG, this movie blows. Its sad the only thing good in the movie is the romance, I mean I like romance, I am not going to knock it but thats all the movie is about is romance a bravery and this isn't the good kinda of bravery, but the moronic kind. This movie is a D- in my books and thats going quite lightly on it. From a females perspective, probably B+, since females always like s**t like this. I personally like man-flicks but this movie turned a 360 quite quick. One second I am loving the begining of the movie, the next second something unpredictible happens that makes me hate the movie. Do what you want, I am not telling you not to see it because this is my own personal opinion, but don't say I didn't warn you. Hell, maybe some bi-sexuals or gay guys will find something they like about this film.
Jack Frost
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2004, 08:58:30 AM »

http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=014523                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     This s**t sucks, as this person said as I said in my review, this movie in the begining looks like something big but than it flops and sucks so bad.... One second the film is a master piece, the next second its like the director didn't give a s**t about the film anymore. Maybe he was too busy beating off.
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2004, 09:00:34 AM »

One of my coworkers said this movie was a big waste of her time and money..
Omerta
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2004, 04:15:08 PM »

I thought the movie was really good. There were so many elements that you had to take in to really appreciate it. It's funny how just because it didn't have some pop icon or whatever and was something totally new that no one else has ever done, everyone thinks it sucks. It was obvious from the very first private meeting of the elders of what was going on. They went from talking like people did 100 years ago, to talking like we do today.  

The current social aspect of the movie relates to what is going on now, and the struggle desperation people have to keep their innocence.

Maybe you all would better understand Spiderman 2 though. My 13 year old sister said it was really good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I think I figured out The Village (posible spoiler) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.