Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:03 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stealth Fighter: Why i hate stock footage!!!. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stealth Fighter: Why i hate stock footage!!!.  (Read 3191 times)
Flangepart
« on: September 24, 2001, 03:20:03 PM »

Arggggghhh! I hate this kind of insult to the audience. Sure, i'm a avation enthusiast, i have most of the WINGS videos, i get AIRPOWER and WINGS at the book store....but you don't have to be a wingnut to reconise that they arn't the same planes!! .Sheesh! Do something as simple, yet obvious as that, and my suspension of Disbelief  takes an AIM-9L right up the reheat pipe! How about Iron Eagle....first we see the heros F-16 with loaded wing racks...then no wing racks of bombs...then, hey, there back! it magic i tells ya,magic! Magic my galaxy spanning butt! Its sheer incompitense, with a bold contempt for the audience. Yanna try War of The Gargantuas, even? He picks up...i know who reads this site, so i'll pass on the who/what/when/ect.....Green Gargantua picks up an M4 Sherman...throws it...it lands as an M46 Patton...ya don't need to be George S. himself to see, they don't look the same! Is consistancy too much to ask for? I thereby appoint Andrew Borntreger as offical bonepicker of the orginisation: Stock Footage Annoymous. For those of us who suffer greatly when movies throw incompitant Inconsistancys at us like they were primates on monkey island. Hey....anyone have a good Acronym for this?  Stockfootage*Nauseating*All*Film*Users,Maby? Help!
Hairzilla
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 12:56:56 PM »

I move that the new organization against the abuse of stockfootage in movies be forever known as: Stockfootage Thrown In Not Konvincing! Or otherwise refered to simply as S.T.I.N.K.!  I also would like to go on record to suggest that GODZILLA Vs GIGAN be immediately added to the boycott list for the obvious, and atrocious, use of footage from TWO PREVIOUS films, GHIDRA: THE THREE HEADED MONSTER,  and DESTROY ALL MONSTERS, during the main fight sequences!....It's day! No, it's night! Wait, it's day again! Hey, Godzilla suddenly looks different! That bridge wasn't there a second ago!....Aggghhh!!

"On the border of a changing skyline, we put
                                                                     hope before our fears..."

HZ
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2001, 05:03:38 PM »

I second the motion! Ah ha! The Giant Claw......its a T-33...no, its an F-86...Oh, its realy a F-102...Will you bozos make up your minds!!?? First movie where a crashing plane starts out a Douglas C-54...becomes momentarily a Boing B-29...then back to a C-54!  While in midair! BTW, after the crash, did you find it creditable that our hero and his main squeeze would be able to walk, let alone run, after a violent plane crash...wherein they were not straped down!? "You don't have to be a dummy...." I beg to differ..in this movies it helps! Does Ken Begg have a rule for the heros who run away from crashes that would leave thee or me a useless pile of human wreckage? "The Streatch Armsrtong rule?",Maby..."Well, ya' see, his bones are incredibly flexable, and they don't break." Sure...i knew there was an answer.......................
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2001, 08:22:01 AM »

Don't forget a special category for Space movies that use footage from other Space movies.

Like "Space Mutiny" uses footage from "Battlestar Galactica"

For some reason "Battle Beyond The Stars" footage gets used in a lot of movies.  The most recent I've seen is "Star Slammer"
Nathan
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2001, 10:32:54 AM »

The mysterious reason is that Roger Corman is notoriously cheap, and thus he'll use the SFX footage as often as he can to amortize the cost.

Off the top of my head, I can list the following that also used footage from Battle Beyond the Stars:

Space Raiders
Ultra Warrior
Cyberzone

And I know there are more, but they're not coming to mind.  Haven't gotten my caffeine quota, apparently.

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2001, 05:59:06 PM »

Oh,yes. Space Galactica,Battlestar Mutany........its all the same drek. But, there were railing kills! And don't forget greatuitous Cameron Mitchell. This is a problim that plagues the industry. Do ya' think maby cheap computer animation may make this unnessary, or will cheapness bite our creative butts for all eternity?
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2001, 03:15:55 AM »

"Hybrid" and "Bachelor Party" also jump to mind, even at this early hour.  Roger must not be above selling the rights either...

Andrew
Jay O\'Connor
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2001, 01:56:40 PM »

>> But, there were  railing kills!

and "Nick Beefchunks" or whatever :)  I loved the MST3K treatment of this one.

I can't walk along a balcony, or stairs, or walkway without thinking "railing kill"

One thing I loved that I don't *think* they pointed out was that in some of the shots "inside the ship" they panned back far enough that you could see the warehouse windows with bly sky and clouds floating by outside. *Very* bad camerawork :)
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2001, 03:31:55 PM »

After watching MST3K's Space Mutiny episode (featuring Reb Brown as Burnt Rumproast!), you tend to become more aware of the URP (Unassisted Railing Plunge), wherein someone, standing next to a three-to-four-foot-high barrier, forces themselves over it to their doom under ridiculous or physically impossible circumstances, such as being "shot" from the far side of the barrier (a la Space Mutiny) or even just startled by someone (see John Huston do it in the fantastically awful Winter Kills).

Hey, what was this topic about to begin with? :)
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2001, 06:02:10 PM »

Um...lets see...oh, stock footage!..yeah, thats it. Though Railing kills is still fun! He He He. God, i love those MST monicars.....Slab Beefchunk!...Dirk Hardslab!....Dash stonejaw!....Burnt Rumproast!.....Biff stiffarm...and so many more we lost count! And now the realy fun part, the GIRLS monicars!  Buffy Muffincakes...Vironica Velvet....Betty Willis....Tabitha Bobbers....Lorna "Legs" McGurk.....Chrissy Fulffington.....Bernicia Ramsbottom....STOP ME BEFORE I GO TOO FAR!.........good grief, is this a James Bond character roll call? And to think, it all began with RAILING KILLS!....or....did it?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stealth Fighter: Why i hate stock footage!!!. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.