Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:22:13 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Kill Bill" Re-release? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Kill Bill" Re-release?  (Read 2270 times)
Token
« on: July 14, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »

Quentin Tarantino has said that Kill Bill will be re-released later this year in a full, uncut version, with both volumes edited together. There's supposed to some different stuff too, like a gorier anime sequence (if that's possible) and the big sword battle will now be in color. Anyone else heard about this? Do you like the idea or should this go straight to DVD?

"This is man who would not take it anymore." - Travis Bickle, Taxi Driver
nobody
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 02:25:08 PM »

I hope one day people will stop supporting this kind of nonsense. Or, even better, I'd like to see movie makers stop trying to rape their audiences with "re-releases", "special extended mega platinum super editions", etc.
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 05:14:18 PM »

i never heard about token but in my opinion it will be on dvd in a a special super rip off collection. if it does happen it will be included when they put both movies in   a box set.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 05:25:44 PM »

I think they should release it in only two ways.

1.) Release both films seperately on DVD.

2.) Release a 2-3 disc set..one disc for each film and a 3rd disc for all the special features...all sold in one box.

Personally, I would go for the second option.
cody f
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 07:42:36 PM »

kill  bill is an awesome movie and if there is a rerelease someone email me (more_chicken@hotmail.com) ok
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 10:37:27 PM »

The Coolidge Corner Theater in Boston showed a home-brewed edit of the two back to back a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'm out of the city for the summer, so I didn't get to see it (driving home from a four-hour midnight movie sounds pretty rough).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 02:10:39 AM »

Sweet Satan's testicles, I hope they do it.  I've been avoiding the original stateside DVD releases for just such a reason.  No point it double-dipping when you know there's a better version on the way.  That's what rental shops are for.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Yaddo42
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 04:36:57 AM »

I'd be curious to see it as a whole film, but not so much so that I'd drive a long way to catch it one of the big cities where it would probably be shown. So I'll probably catch the complete version on DVD in a rental, not sure I want to own the whole thing since I was less taken with KB than most. I would like to see the HOuse of Blue Leaves/Crazy 88 swordfight in full color (like it was in other countries) rather than that "tinted for your safety" crap. I don't know if I believe the 'homage to old editing for "Kung Fu Theater"-style TV shows, then removed, then put back for the US Market to satisfy the MPAA' story on IMDB. Whyever it was there I found it annoying.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Kill Bill" Re-release? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.