Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:42:15 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Borntregers Mean, Green Essays: A proposal. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Borntregers Mean, Green Essays: A proposal.  (Read 2824 times)
Flangepart
« on: September 26, 2001, 06:25:32 PM »

In Andrews Review of Urban Warrior, he mentions the fact there are mucho' oppertunites to frag said film, and many others, about the incompitiance and poor logic that show up in film characters with a military/police job description. In short, their guilty of dumbass tactics, and planning that would make a dislexic monkey look like Frank Loydd Wright. I'd...realy love it, if Andrew had the time, to do an Essay on this subject! If he has the time, and gathering notes in bits and pieces till he has enough might help there, to tell it like is from an actual warriors point of view. I can't believe he dosen't use bad movies for class room instruction..."Alright,troop, this is todays lesson. The film is Assult on the Bronx, i want at least 25 examples of what was done wrong by the enemy soldiers, and i want those sheets on my desk by 07:00. the best example of tatical examination will earn its creator a two day pass, Begin NOW!"  I mean, realy! Look how often we cut on those lame jackbooted thugs! So....heres my thought. If Andrew can, a new chapter of the site,Borntreger's Mean,Green Essays could be a nice adition. If Andrew can't find the time, maby a "designated Hitter" could step in, one of the B-masters, or a fellow Marine with a sense of humor...no, its not an oxymoron!(like i cotta'  'splain this..)...could do the deed. The reviews are great, don't get me wrong, but a little sideways view of the ways and habits of B-movies could be intresting. If nothing else, it could be a learning experiance for future screenwriters. Yo, Dr. Freex, may we quote you on same? Well...thats my idea. What do you guys think?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2001, 12:47:13 AM »

It sounds like a pretty sweet idea to me, but I'm not the one who's going to be swamped with all the work.

I've always liked the secondary aspects of this site.  (You mean there's more beyond the message board?)  The interviews are great and so is the all to infrequently updated Random Thoughts and Mailbag.

However, I imagine Mr. Borntreger is already swamped enough without his "constituents" badgering him to do homework.  "Alright, Mr. Borntreger, write a thousand word essay on the fallacy inherent in a madman's quest to control the world."

But I think it should be a definite idea to keep in mind for the future, Coach Borntreger.  You could definitely have some fun with it, and it would add to the already abounding site.

Just my two cents.
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 03:22:37 AM »

Agreed Flange, it is a fantastic idea.  I've been wanting to do some essays, but currently my military duties are eating up lots of time.  However, I always keep a notebook (just a regular old 3 or 5 subject) handy, so if any spare time crops up I'll make my writing hand tired and post the results.

Andrew
Brian Ringler
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2001, 02:46:32 AM »

Mofo Rising - I agree with you.  I wish the random thoughts were updated more.  They are hilarious.  I check it constantly hoping that something new is added to it.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2001, 10:46:58 AM »

But of corse! Where else do you realise the virtues of mixing cats with duct tape.?
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2001, 09:20:22 AM »

I'm a little put out with the interviews lately.  The last two people have never returned my sets of email questions.  Spending no small amount of time deciding on "good" (poetic license, how I love thee) questions and waiting a few days to proof them, then never getting an answer - it's a little demotivating.

We'll see if "third time's a charm."

Andrew
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2001, 09:53:54 PM »

Just let 'em know that you're a marine, and that you "mean business".

Or you could pay them a dollar in states quarters.  People love those things.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Borntregers Mean, Green Essays: A proposal. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.