Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:58:46 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reader Looking for a Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reader Looking for a Movie  (Read 2115 times)
Andrew
« on: September 27, 2001, 05:23:50 AM »

White Lion writes in:

It's a somewhat older B-fantasy/adventure/horror movie of some sort, before -85 but after -60.

It has a strong hero in it (almost like Hercules). A monster that hides in a booth behind a curtain and gets a grael of blood to
drink from a human servant. The monster is in league with an evil lady/queen or sorceress. There is also a slaveship that works
for her I believe. The collect slaves to work for her on the ship and so on. The hero in this movie fights back against this evil
lady and her monster when his loved one is taken on this ship as a slave of some sort.

In the town where the evil lady rules she torments slaves by forcing them to climb up on a pole above a carpet of sharp knives. Some fall down and die. The hero pics this carpet up and throws it against the enemy soldiers!

All of this tickles my memory and I think it might be a sword and sandals vice a sword and sorcery flick.  My best guesses are (and it's been years since I watched either film) "Conquest" or "Hercules in the Haunted World."

Andrew
Apostic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2001, 04:17:23 PM »

I've been spinning my brain cells on this one all day, but all I'm getting for a movie with a Hercules type and a galley ship are Jason and the Argonauts and Three Stooges Meet Hercules.  I really don't think this is either of those.

Bava's Hercules in the Haunted World, also known as Hercules vs. the Vampires, sounds a bit closer..

regards,

Apostic
Dr. Freex
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 06:38:15 PM »

Apostic Johnson is right!  The claw reaching out from behind the curtain to grab a goblet of 'globin is the giveaway.
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2001, 08:16:24 PM »

I figured it had to be either "Conquest" or "Hercules in the Haunted World" - just couldn't decide which.  Having such OLD hats around is always a blast.

Andrew
WhiteLion
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2001, 06:10:03 AM »

Thanx a million guys! I will begin my search and find out more.
One other scene that I remember strongly from that film is when they try to climb a high pole over a carpet (or something) of sharp knifelike objects. As I wrote earlier they fall down and die. U could almost see that the knives were made of rubber:)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reader Looking for a Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.