Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:29:30 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  have you seen this one? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: have you seen this one?  (Read 4521 times)
janice
« on: September 29, 2001, 06:20:45 AM »

Okay, here goes one for ya, I saw this movie on an afternoon Shock Theatre session when I  was a kid, and I have yet to find anyone else who has seen or heard of it. I can't really remember the name since it was close to 35 years ago when I saw it, but it was about this jungle tribe that had a unique way of punishing folks for breaking taboos, namely sealing them up in tree trunks. Well, in the movie, one of the wrong-doers becomes one with his tree, and proceeds to uproot and then go about wreaking havoc on the village. There is a tree in this movie that walks around and has eyes and gets revenge, folks! If anyone has seen it, PLEASE tell me the name of it, I'd like to get it on video and see it again.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2001, 07:46:21 AM »

I'll do a bit more research, but this is From Hell It Came, from the sound of it. Tabonga, the Tree That Walks! The Tree That Lusts! The Tree That KILLS!!

It's covered by a few bad-movie sites. Try popping the title and the killer-tree-man's name into a search engine like Google.com.

"...and to hell it can go!"
--one reviewer who obviously enjoyed it
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2001, 07:53:36 AM »

Durrrr, I forgot to mention that entering the title into the engine at imbd.com will lead you to the bad-movie sites that cover it. Click "external reviews" on the list on the left of the movie's main page. Bad Movie Report (StompTokyo.com), one of those links, has a very nice page with lotsa pictures to confirm if this is indeed the killer-tree movie you seek.

...and I goofed; it's "Tabanga," not "Tabonga." Tomay-to, tomah-to, let's call the whole thing off...
janice
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2001, 08:24:57 AM »

thanks for the input, but I just came back here to answer my own question. It WAS called "From Hell It Came", and I just read the review of it at jabootu.com.Now I have to get it and watch it again, and keep it handy to show all those who have doubted my sanity when I told them about it.Squishy wrote:
janice
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2001, 08:27:12 AM »

ignore that "Squishy wrote:" part, I have fumble fingers with my keyboard sometimes.
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2001, 09:11:19 AM »

janice wrote:
>
> I just read the review of it at jabootu.com.

You read the entire thing?  That is dedication... ...I've been wishing for a way to bookmark Ken's reviews so that I can come back later and immediately start where I left off.

Andrew (who hopes that Ken will notice this post)
janice
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2001, 11:52:54 AM »

well, no I didn't read the entire thing, only about half of it. What does he do, hit the pause button and write notes while he's watching these movies? I guess I shouldn't complain, at least someone else has seen that thing besides me. I was starting to wonder if I had ever really seen that movie or if my mind was making it all up.
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2001, 12:25:05 PM »

Nope, you mind is correct. That thing exists. "And to hell it can go." --- Ed Naha was the critic. Sums it up real good! Hey, have the B-masters ever done a "Green Thumb" mass review of Killer Plant movies? Might be a good idea. Theres so many to choose from.................
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2001, 12:26:53 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
>
> Hey, have the B-masters ever done a "Green Thumb" mass
> review of Killer Plant movies? Might be a good idea. Theres
> so many to choose from.................

I'll be darned, that is a good suggestion.  Will keep it in mind.

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2001, 04:49:54 PM »

Jeez, yes, From Hell It Came, The Crawlers, The Womaneater, The Navy Vs. The Night Monsters, Day of the Triffids and Little Shop of Horrors, including the remakes--there's more material than I thought at first. Of course, there would have to be honorable mention of the guest-starring roles of human-attacking plants in everything from The Land Unknown to Angry Red Planet to Konga to Godzilla's Revenge...
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2001, 02:24:54 PM »

Dang,Squish. Godzilla Vs. Biolante would qualify ,Big time !.Hummmm...how about a "Recomended Fertiliser" award, for the director who does the most/worst killer plant movies?
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2001, 07:28:51 PM »

True, Flangepart, true, although Aunt B (try this one on for size, Andy Griffith!) didn't actually try to devour anybody but Godzilla. Besides, I have a soft spot in my head (uh, heart) for continent-sized mountainous tendriled plants with huge, sharp teeth and acidic sap possessed by the spirits of Japanese chicks.

There's also The Mutations, Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, and Creepshow, though killer plants only make up a relatively small ipart of the story...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  have you seen this one? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.