Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:37:06 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A bit of SuperHero news....... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A bit of SuperHero news.......  (Read 2194 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 19, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »

for those who care.

Good news:  Brian Singer (Xmen, X2) has signed on to write and direct the next Superman movie (thank God, somebody that actually cares about the source material).  It supposedly will not be an origin story but somehow fit in with Superman 1 & 2.

Bad news: Jack Black has signed to star in the Green Lantern, described by Warner Brothers as a zany comedy in the vain of  The Mask.  (I'm laughing already , ha, ha)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

Who will be Superman? Who would be the most fitting?

Yeah...jack black..i'm so over THAT

Dave Munger
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 06:04:54 PM »

My info might be out of date and reffer to the plans they had when Nicholas Cage was going to be in it, but I heard that his powers were going to come from the suit, he was going to occasionally blow off crimefighting to schtup Lois (I think we've covered why this cannot be), and Jimmy Olson was going to be gay. Seems to me like it might not be PC to have the ineffectual guy who always has to be rescued be gay.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 06:39:28 PM »

i heard that singer  since he doing superman that he wont be able to direct  x-men 3. bummer.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Susan
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 07:44:38 PM »

Cage could never be superman, the man of steel cannot be bald! lol

I don't think jimmy being outwardly gay would be a good way to go, there's too much room for all those little jokes that would be distracting. I always preferred some characters to be an enigma to an extent.

Well you can bet they are going to try to get someone young like Jake Gyllenhaal, mainly because how toby maguire managed to make spiderman into a huge success. They want to target those 26 and under i think.

The problem is, superman has been done..and been done well. I don't think it will work, particularly since we're seeing all these superhero spinoffs that are going to become the death throws of the genre

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 07:57:22 PM »

Supes has been kicking around for a while. Up until this McG the director of the Charlies Angels movies was developing it . The script was by someone named JJ Abrams, and in it he had Lex Luthor being some general or something form Krypton and Superman was going to have some weird suit.  McG left  the project  and rumor had Michael Bay (Armaggedon)doing it, but they just issued news today about Singer.  The old script also got tossed.

I don't know what the deal is with Green Lantern, but a zany comedy!  I swear studio execs are the biggest morons walking the earth.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 08:19:48 PM »

Forgot this......syooooperman movie.

Bring back Zod, ruler of the planet Houston!

Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 08:41:33 PM »

I want to see Daffy Duck as StooperDuck in a full length movie to spoof all the recent Super Hero movies

Post Edited (07-20-04 09:45)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 10:29:24 AM »

If they make a Superman movie I want to see Doomsday, Cyborg, Massacrer, or Darkseid be the villian (with Lex Luthor in there as well.) Oh and a giant robot would be nice also.

Make the Green Lantern into a zany comedy is an insult and I'm not even a fan!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A bit of SuperHero news....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.