Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:28 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first...? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What was your first...?  (Read 7079 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004, 01:04:28 AM »

sorry raj i was j/k but i guess i stuck my foot in my mouth.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Post Edited (07-23-04 01:06)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 01:13:51 AM »

I think the first movie that got me into B-flicks was "Godzilla 1985."  My first true horror movie was probably "Jaws."  
I used to rent a lot of b-movies back when I was little because most of them weren't rated, or weren't rated properly, so I saw a lot of stuff that most little kids wouldn't have simply because I rented anything with a monster on the cover.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Yaddo42
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 06:29:15 AM »

Early TV exposure from the Sunday morning movies on the local ABC station: "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" and "The Blob". My dad used to alternate watching these old horror flicks and "Face the Nation" before we went to church. So I knew who Godzilla and Moshe Dayan were from an early age,

First "horror" type film I saw at the theater: "Orca". My mom took me to see it when I was about four, still remember the whale collapesing the house on stilts to get to chomp on Bo Derek's leg, and Charlotte Rampling being the only survivor on the iceberg after the whale killed Richard Harris and Will Sampson. Wasn't until I saw it years later, much older that I realized what a bad movie it was.

First films to "affect" me and make me want more: the Corman/Poe films when they turned up on late night TV on CBS. I've mentioned how the ending of "Pit and the Pendulum" was cut off (too many unintended puns on my part lately) and stuck with me for years wanting to see how it ended in other threads. But "Tales of Terror" and the psuedo-Poe film "The Terror" were all early films that made me want to see more.

I also remember seeing "Octaman" with my dad one afternoon not long after we first got cable. But we both spent so much time laughing at how goofy the creature looked that we drove others in my extended family crazy talking about how silly it was.
Freeburger
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

my god. I steped into "IT" once and scared the crap out of me. ooohhh, the child hood horrors.
raj

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 12:32:13 PM »

No, no.  I appreciated the joke.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 12:50:18 PM »

a horrible film called " Mausolelum" i was about 10 maybe,  and by that time i thought it was a great film and very scary, anyway, its good to grow up, time gives u  a different  perspective of what it means " great film" and " scary"

pauli
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 01:44:30 PM »

The first one that I can remember is a movie called Phantasm.   I was about  six I believe and I remeber the little silver flying ball cutting off someones ear or something like that.  
We had a very long hall in our house and I remember at night when I needed to go to the bathroom, I would cover my ears and run down the hall as fast as I could scared that  the ball was going to attack me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 04:18:19 PM »

My first: "The Fly" The original, Not the remake. My mother acutally took me and my younger sister to see it, when it was first released into the theaters.

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2004, 08:25:08 PM »

"OH, speaking of robot/computer villians...does anyone remember a the name of the movie where the house takes over??? I remember the computer making the kitchen so hot that an egg fried on the counter...only remember bits and pieces really...but would love to check it out again."

Kinda reminds me of a 70's horror film "Demon Seed." You might want to check that one out.
Ryan
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2004, 11:56:07 PM »

The first one I can remember was Stephen King's IT. Wasn't Tim Curry Pennywise? Anyway..

I say the first one I remember because my dad was an avid horror movie watcher, and he told me that I stared at the TV screen while he watched A Nightmare on Elm Street.

(BTW-- Freddy Krueger is awesome, and he could kick Jason's ass anyday. =P)
loyal1
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2004, 11:58:58 PM »

Yup, Pennywise was Tim Curry "Yes, they all float down here.."  Talk about the creepiest clown ever!
Ryan
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2004, 12:01:53 AM »

Tim Curry gave me the willies as the desk clerk in Home Alone 2. But only because he was an adult chasing after a kid.

I can only think of Michael Jackson.

(Random fact; When I  was little, I saw a commercial for a Jackson 5 CD. I raced to my mom, pulled her into the room, and yelled, "Look, mom! Michael Jackson used to be black!")
Susan
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2004, 05:40:06 PM »

Tim curry is an awsome character actor -Now he had a skit on one of the Tales from The Crypt episodes that was downright nasty where he played all the characters of a redneck family.

But I always liked him as the Lord of Darkness in "legend". He was very scary as Pennywise. Then again so were the Killer Klowns from Outer space....clowns are just evil

loyal1
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2004, 05:47:21 PM »

Do you remember the worst Tim Curry role ever...I still can't get the bad graphics in the background when he danced and sung...it was so bad that it was hilarious.

Did you ever see the Worst Witch...lol
Susan
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2004, 05:52:12 PM »

Why did you make me remember th Worst Witch? Years of therapy to extract that "anything can happen on halloween" with the psychadelic dancing from my consiousness!

Read this..it's so funny Tim Curry

Post Edited (07-25-04 17:59)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first...? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.