Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:02 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first...? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What was your first...?  (Read 7149 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 06:29:53 PM »

there are many horror films that stand out in my mind. but throughout the years i've watched a lot, and i mean A LOT. i've seen horror films in chinese, japanese, spanish, practically any kind of quality or nationality i could get my hands on. but as far as the most impressionable, here's a few:

1. Dawn of the Dead (original)
2. Henry: Portrait of Serial Killer-i first saw this in high school, and i had to walk out during one scene. it's truly a disturbing film. great acting and a low-budget just adds to it's creepyness.
3. Squirm-not quite a high quality film, but seeing people get eaten by worms just makes me feel so fuzzy inside.
4. the Brood-classic David Cronenberg. the costumes are horrible, but it was the 70's. very intelligent and psychological horror.
5. I can't think of one for my 5th entry so I'll just say Day of the Dead to be monotonous.

-Chris
loyal1
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2004, 06:48:35 PM »

That link was hilarious...hbowever, I totally forgot how the jingle went...and now I can't get it out of my head! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Confused1
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2004, 08:26:45 PM »

ernest scared stupid... enough said
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2004, 04:19:00 AM »

One of my earliest memories is of watching Evil Dead 2, Im not sure if It was the first I saw (I had older brothers that would let me watch movies with them when I was three y/o), For years I had the scene where Ash has to cut his hand off floating around in my head, but it never gave me nightmares. I think this is probabaly responsible for my lifelong love of horror/ B grade movies.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2004, 09:06:43 PM »

I was 6 years old (1961) and I somehow convinced my parents to let me go with a group of neighbor kids to see a vampire movie. I think I lasted 15 minutes until I got so scared one of the older kids had to take me home.
I think the one that hooked me was a repeat of "The Black Cat" (1934) on I caught on TV in the late 60s.
"Have you ever seen an animal skinned, Hjalmar?"

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2004, 12:37:10 AM »

I don't recall my first horror movie, as I pretty much grew up watching "Creature Feature," "Shock Theatre" and other stuff, as well as watching "Twilight Zone" (reruns) and "ST:TOS" (reruns) with my Dad.  I watched A LOT of horror on TV, and loved the old black and white classics (The Mummy, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc).  I know my interest in horror movies predates 4th grade.

But, I think the first horror movie I went out of my way to see at the theatre was "Friday the 13th Part II" or "Halloween II" (I don't recall which I saw first).  I remember seeing a sort of 'horror' movie called "Sasquatch" in the theatre when I was considerably younger, but I think if was probably more action/adventure with suspense thrown in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first...? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.