Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:13:39 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pimp My Ride: A Real Reality Show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pimp My Ride: A Real Reality Show  (Read 1912 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 20, 2004, 10:31:03 PM »

I just caught this show for the first time tonight on MTV and damn, this show is the bomb!

West Coast Customs along with rapper Xzibit take junky old cars belonging to kids aged 18-22 and literally pimp them out....hardcore!
The team gets an idea of the vehicle owners personality and then they all sit down and discuss how exactly they're gonna pimp it out.
Then they go do it and have it finished within a few days.
The team consists of 5-8 guys and each man has a seperate responsibility to the vehicle.
One guy does the wheels & rims, another guy deals with all of the electronics to be installed, another guy handles paint & bodywork and so on.

They add extra s**t like Playstation 2 with multiple screens in the backseat, customized DVD players, karaoke machines with TV screens in the trunk and one car even had a special customized fish tank with a few goldfish seated in between the subwoofers in the backseat/trunk.
It had a fish feeder that spit food out to the fish on the hour.
After they've completed the job they reveal it to the owner and watch as he or she literally blows a gasket with surprise.

The reason I mention this show is because on other threads everybody complains that all of these reality shows on TV are garbage and aren't really real.

I'm here to tell ya, if you want to see a REAL reality show, watch "Pimp My Ride" on MTV.
There's nothing fake about it.

I think it's totally badass!

Go here to check out the website.

Post Edited (07-21-04 11:20)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:05:11 AM »

Personally, even if I drove a piece of crap, I'd be p**sed if a bunch of rappers took my car and made it look like a f**king ghetto cruiser.  I guess I could sell it and buy a real car with the money.  Dis show is definitely not da bomb dere, Ash.
Now, if there was a show where they took people's s**tty cars and turned them into monster trucks and tanks and stuff...THAT'S a show.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 12:09:16 AM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

Dis show is definitely not da bomb dere, Ash.
> Now, if there was a show where they took people's s**tty cars
> and turned them into monster trucks and tanks and
> stuff...THAT'S a show.

Brother R., you're letting your personal tastes get in the way of the point I was truly trying to make...the fact that this is a REAL reality TV show.
Not a piece of crap like "Who Wants To Marry/f**k My Dad" or one of the other many bulls**t shows.

Even you cannot deny that.
Tsk Tsk...(waves extended index finger left & right)

You & I never did agree on much during our roadtrip palavers did we?
Oh well, we got along just fine despite our disagreements.
By the way, you might want to check out Junkyard Garage for the type of modifications you were referring to.

Post Edited (07-21-04 01:11)
nobody
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 02:14:06 PM »

The greatest part about "Pimp My Ride" is that they fix up everything about these junky vehicles EXCEPT THE ENGINE! So people end up driving away in a really "nice" car that drives like total crap.
Harry
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:31:30 PM »

I don't know if that's true.  I think they do stuff with the engine, they just don't show it on the show because of time/interest.

I think BrotherRagnarok would agree with me in saying that Rob Zombie should replace this "x-ibbit" chump and turn all of those cars into "dragula" hot rods
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 10:10:04 PM »

Metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Yaddo42
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 06:09:38 AM »

It's decent brain candy, I catch it on weekends when I can't sleep and there's little else on (an MXC episode I've seen a thousand times would win out if they came on opposite each other though).I dunno somethimes they pimp the car out too much for some of those folks, they're whiter and even less hip than I am.

Plus sometimes they put the fancy high tech toys in strange, useless places. They put a flat screen TV in the floor of a girl's old Land Cruiser (the floor also doubled as a portable yoga studio IIRC). When you "deployed" the TV (best way to describe lifting it out of the floor and connecting its support) the scrren faced out the back. The only way to watch it would be to park the thing, get out and sit behind your vehicle. I guess you can cruise and play the thing for others behind you to see, but still pretty useless except at tailgates parties and such. But I guess the fun of tricked out cars like these is being seen rather than function or utility, probably why can't see doing stuff like this to my car even if I had the money.

Just to tell you how cynical I am, I wish they'd do follow ups to past episodes and see if the people from past shows ever get carjacked or robbed now that they have all this expensive gear attached to their formerly junk value (or close to it) cars.
Ozmer
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »

Very true... I am more of a fan of Overhaulin' Does essentially the same thing, only w/o the person's knowledge. Their buddy calls the show, they come over, steal the car, make up a phony excuse, and then redo it. From bumpper to bumpper that car gets re done. engine work, body work, interior, you name it. Sure they don't usually put the 15,000,000 watt systems in them with 40lcd monitors and a PS2. But who wants a car that has all that crap, that goes 4miles a gallon cuz of a gas leak and sounds like a dog choking on a bone? No one... they'd rather have a brand spakin' new 350 sittin under the hood pulling a sweet ride. At least I would... just my 2 cents.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 02:33:17 PM »

Rats! I thought it said Pimp My Bride! I thought it was wife swapping reality show.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dave Munger
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 04:25:50 PM »

I never saw it, but I saw ride pimping segment on the Tonight Show or something where they were plugging it. I remember because the car was a kind I'd never heard of before, called a "Hi-Jet" or something. Looked like a tiny van, engine was under the front seat and looked like it came out of a lawnmower.
AlexB
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 02:43:05 AM »

The show is indeed entertaining, but on thing that has always struck me is the state of some of the cars! In most European countries, it would be illegal to take these on the road, let alone get an insurance!
Also, they never talk about the actual dynamics of the car: state of the engine, driving train, brakes, gear box etc etc. I hope they do something about them. Otherwise it would be highly embarrassing to sit there with your glossy car with chandelier or on board fish tank, because the engine is 100 years old and something broke down.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pimp My Ride: A Real Reality Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.