Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:14 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You originally offered the role to who???? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: You originally offered the role to who????  (Read 5591 times)
Dave Munger
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 05:26:33 PM »

What else was Buffalo Bob in? I remember being really surprised watching a movie one time when whoever I was with told me that the guy in it  was Buffalo Bob.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 07:34:46 PM »

Isn't he Monk's boss now?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Kory
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 07:46:08 PM »

Yeah- that's him alright.  He's good in both roles, but it is weird seeing him play a straight-arrow police commander after playing Buffalo Bob...
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 08:13:08 PM »

Buffalo Bob was played by Ted Levine.

He also did the voice of Rusty Nail in "Joyride".
Not only does he look creepy, but he sounds creepy as well.

Post Edited (07-22-04 20:13)
Yaddo42
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 05:52:24 AM »

According to the info blurps during the letterboxed films on AMC's "Much More Movie" or whatever the title is, OJ Simpson was an early candidate for the Terminator role. Guess they were onto something there and just didn't realize it.

Elvis was supposed to play the Kris Kristofferson role of the aging rock star in the 1970s version of "A Star is Born". But he was talked out of it by Colonel Parker, who was convinced the producers wanted to mock Elvis by putting him in a role playing someone similar to his reallife self. While he would have had to put up with Barbra Streisand, may think the role would have been the shot in the arm his career needed (no pun inteded), and finally given him a shot at a decent acting role, which he always wanted and never got.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 07:19:36 AM »

The Predator was originally played by Jean Claude Van Damme. The suit they had him in looked really horrible and wasn't really scary at all. He kept passing out from the heat and they fired him.  Later on an E! bio I saw they said he had just been offered the deal with Cannon  for his first 3 cheapies for them. They were starring roles so he faked the faints on the Predator set so he would get canned and could go make his own movies.

Predator actually ran out of money and the producers convinced the studio to give them enough to finish it and get a monster that could rival Arnold. Stan Winston said he was on a plane with James Cameron and Cameron was saying he always wanted to have a creature with mandibles. This is where Stan got they idea for his creation.

Post Edited (07-23-04 08:05)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
JohnL

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 09:16:09 AM »

>What else was Buffalo Bob in? I remember being really surprised watching a
>movie one time when whoever I was with told me that the guy in it was Buffalo
>Bob.

Ted Levine has been in quite a few movies. Among others, he played the main cop in The Mangler and General "Bloodbath" McGrath in Wild Wild West.
AlexB
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 03:39:52 AM »

I heard that Gandalf was first offered to Sean Connery and he turned it down. When he discovered that he had missed an opportunity, he decided to jump into the first fantasy/SF feature that came along, which, unfortunately was the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Another actor who has a poor choice in B movies, must be Terence Stamp. After Superman and Star Wars, now he is in Elektra as Stick! BTW he was Antonioni's first choice for the lead in Blow Up. However, he got too interested in Antonioni's wife, so David Hemmings got the part instead.
peter johnson
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 09:32:35 AM »

I think Jack Benny was supposed to do the George Burns role, not the Matthau in Sunshine Boys.
Ronald Reagan was the original choice for Casablanca!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  You originally offered the role to who???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.