Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:32:43 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  new movies that are crap « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: new movies that are crap  (Read 3725 times)
shan
« on: September 30, 2001, 10:38:32 AM »

Anyone know if any of the movies out there are good or not ?
i heard that a few are crap like the new micheal dougles movie but i am not sure.
Please tell me what movies are worth  seeing and which are not
reply to canada1981@hotmail.com
thanks
Brock
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2001, 04:16:41 PM »

Don't say a word was okay, but not great.

Zoolander will rock your face.  Bad movie fans would enjoy it because of the inanity and the camp, but it is by no means bad.
sara
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2001, 08:13:43 PM »

a new movie that is definitely crap to the tits: zoolander. don't go see it. it's s**t. seriously. i'm ashamed i spent money on the damn thing.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2001, 09:06:19 PM »

You know what I'm excited about?  K-PAX!  Man, that movie is going to be so great!  It's got Kevin Spacey playing a crazy guy who thinks he's an alien!  Or maybe he is an alien!  It's also got Jeff Bridges as his psychiatrist, who also thinks Spacey may be an alien!  Along the way we are going to be treated to many a life-affirming scene that will show how great life is from a new perspective and how loveable crazy people are!

It's like PHENOMENON, PATCH ADAMS and THE FISHER KING all rolled into one!  Outstanding!
Brock
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 07:35:35 AM »

That was sarcasm, right?

Sorry, voice inflection doesn't carry over into text.

And seriously though, Zoolander was hilarious.
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 02:06:49 PM »

It seems like there is nothing but crap in theatres right now. I'm not sure how much of this can be blamed on Sept. 11 making some people touchy on the subject of action films, but for the first time in a while, there has been nothing opening for weeks that I've been the least bit interested in seeing. I don't see that changing for a couple of weeks either.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 02:23:13 PM »

Brock wrote:
>
> > all rolled into one! Outstanding!>
>
> That was sarcasm, right?
>
> Sorry, voice inflection doesn't carry over into text.

Yeah, I know.  That's why I had to settle for all those exclamation points.

AndyC may have a point, but I don't think it's because of the events of September 11.  (It's been all this time and I still can't come up with a good way to refer to it.)

For one, this is the post summer season.  Studios regularly dump their lesser quality movies into the theaters at this point.  The movies that aren't blockbusters, and aren't Oscar winners end up here.

Secondly, most movies in theaters are crap anyways.  It's a non-stop state of affairs.

There is one case that was directly influenced by September 11.  BIG TROUBLE was all set to come out and was pulled from the lineup.  I read the book by Dave Barry and it was hilarious.  I also liked the look of the cast, Andy Richter, et al.  I was excited about the movie.  However the finale hit a little to close to home, as per the terrible tragedy.  Why I'm somewhat peeved about the decision to pull the movie, I understand it.  Nobody wants to be reminded of the death of thousands of people while trying to laugh.  It would be shooting itself in the foot.  Hopefully they release it without any changes next year.

My two cents.
peter johnson
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 07:33:49 PM »

I just loved "The Others", but maybe I was just so in the mood for something like that that I forgave it a lot of faults --
Anyway, I think this should/could get an Oscar for cinematography & set design if nothing else.
No sarcasm . . .
Scott
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2001, 12:36:41 PM »

I like the "Others" also, I had a chance to see it at the Drive-In this summer. Well made film.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2001, 02:09:43 PM »

A film that was well worth the wait, was Burton's Planet of the Apes remake. The film I would be burned at the stake, If I ever saw it again, was POOTIE TANG(AVOID AT ALL COST).
Guitarwolf
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2001, 09:49:21 PM »

Big trouble is currently going through reshoots for the ending. I haven't seen the film, but the scene in question involves a bomb on a plane. That sucks. I wanted to see this film and Collateral Damage. I'm one of the few that liked the 6th Day. The only Arnold films I didn't like were Jingle All the Way and Last Action Hero. Other than that, Arnold has continualy kick ass for me. Conan, Predator, Commando, Red Heat, the Running Man, Terminator, True Lies, etc, etc,. I miss the big lug.
Jesse
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2001, 10:17:36 AM »

Dude...I used to work at an evil telemarketer service and one time I got to call THE LAST ACTION HERO DELI in New Mexico...I got all excited when i saw the name but when i called it the number was no longer in service....wonder why???
AndyC
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2001, 12:12:41 PM »

Am I the only one who actually liked The Last Action Hero? I thought it was a great sendup of 80s action flicks.  I didn't enjoy it so much when it got too serious or sappy, and surely someone could have invented a better gimmick than a magic ticket, but aside from the fairy tale crap, it was a very funny movie.

Personally, all of my favourite Arnie films are from the 80s, from Conan to Total Recall. The only exception to this is Pumping Iron, which I find alternately inspiring and hilarious. I'd be hard pressed to name a single favourite, between Conan, the Terminator, Predator (the original movies in all three cases) and the Running Man.

Back to the subject of new movies, I also enjoyed The Others, as well as Rat Race (what a combination). I didn't really think of counting them as new, because both have been out for a few weeks.
Gerry
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2001, 12:48:56 PM »

I love Schwarzneggar movies too.  My favorite being CONAN THE BARBARIAN, but I love 'em all, the schmuck.  I even liked END OF DAYS and THE SIXTH DAY.  Speaking of Ah-nuld, I caught part of the undubbed version of HERCULES IN NEW YORK on AMC the other day.  His accent was unbelievably bad back then.  That one is truly a stinker.
AndyC
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2001, 02:16:09 PM »

How could I have forgotten Hercules in New York? Hercules roams New York looking for excuses to take off his shirt and perform feats of strength. To his credit, Arnie was reaching his prime as a bodybuilder. The convoluted version of Greek mythology presented is amazing, with Mount Olympus populated by a mish-mash of Greek and Roman gods and at least one figure from the Bible. A classic.

Anybody know if Arnold has expressed any opinions on this movie? Is it something he'd like to bury, or does he look back at it and laugh?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  new movies that are crap « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.