Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:05:36 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  nazi chainsaw surfers must die ??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: nazi chainsaw surfers must die ???  (Read 7240 times)
Spitfire66
« on: March 09, 2001, 08:21:54 AM »

Has anyone heard of a film called nazi surfers must die ( or nazi chainsaw surfers must die) or something like that??

Any info would be greatly appreciated :-)
Scott Davis
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2001, 12:15:31 PM »

Its a Troma movie. Not all that great if I remember right.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2001, 12:16:12 PM »

"Surf Nazis Must Die", a pseudo-apocalyptic film from Troma, is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen on the Big Screen. It played in an art-cinema house on the Boulder Mall for almost a whole month as a midnight movie.  I thought I was going to see some campy fun, but instead got annoyed with the very bad photography, lame dialogue, and overall lack of action in what was supposed to be a satire of action pictures.  The girl with the best figure doesn't even take her top off, instead there are endless scenes of fake sex with less-attractive underlings.
Not a lot to recommend here -- though I know some folks love this picture because it's a Troma.  Maybe you should listen to them and not me.  Frankly, I hated it. It was released about 1981 or so & is still widely available on video, last time I looked.
Fritz
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2001, 12:35:42 PM »

It's funny you should mention Surf Nazi's...It's on Channel 4 (UK) tomorrow as part of a long running Troma series.Other films shown so far are:

Terror Firma
Chopper Chicks
Sgt.Kabukiman
Cannibal and
Nymphoid Barbarian...

: )
Abby
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2001, 01:09:20 PM »

People don't love this BECAUSE of Troma ... people love Troma because of Surf Nazis. I'm one of them. It had a stronger cult following than Toxie or Nuke'Em enjoyed back in the day. It helped put Troma on the map.

I rewatched this maybe a year ago, and was shocked at how well it holds up, unlike Toxie and Class of. Hilarious. The superior Troma film. It sends up Punk Rock, Blaxploitaion, Beach Party movies ... what more can you ask for?

I actually think this is such a B-Movie 'must-see' that it's almost a cliche.
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2001, 01:18:48 PM »

Dear Abby, Dear Abby . . . (Remember the John Prine song?):
So you mean to say that the endless endless scene of the head Surf Nazi & his hench-buddy arguing and screaming in an empty warehouse, shot from what looks like 100 yards away in one continuous steady shot so that they look like little blip puppets shrieking & waving their arms, didn't grate on you like sandpaper on the inside of your eyelids?  I'm impressed.  
That's what I love about this site -- something for everyone.
Yeah, sure, it was shot at a beach, but a "parody of beach movies"?  No way!
Annoying stinky bad movie.  Go away annoying stinkybad(c) movie!!
Abby
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2001, 02:28:51 PM »

Absolutely a parody of Beach Party movies!!! The only thing it was missing was Eric Von Zipper. The rest of the Rat Pack was properly represented, if symbolically.
peter johnson
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2001, 07:25:21 PM »

I missed Eric von Zipper and Buster Keaton and anything resembling a closeup, a musical number, a love story, a volleyball game or fun for that matter.  Had these been included, I could take your claim of "beach movie parody" seriously.  Maybe it's been too long, but I'll take your word for it rather than sit through it again.
"Creature From the Haunted Sea" -- now there's an ocean-based fun film. . . .
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  nazi chainsaw surfers must die ??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.