Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:39:36 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What should be the first program on the Horror Channel? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What should be the first program on the Horror Channel?  (Read 2625 times)
George
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:26:59 PM »

Has anyone heard what the first program shown on the Horror channel will be?  If not, what should it be?

Perhaps it should open with "Nosferatu", the orignal.  Kind of an homage thing.

Thoughts?
nobody
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:19:24 PM »

I haven't heard what their first film will be, but I seriously doubt they'd even consider playing "Nosferatu." Although I'd personally love it, there are several other viewers who wouldn't be able to tolerate the black and white silent movie. Seeing as how the first movie will obviously be the first impression they get to make with their audience, The Horror Channel will probably chose to air something more commercially viable. My guess would be one of the Halloween movies... after all, the channel is set to hit the air on Halloween night, isn't it?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 02:20:42 PM »

The original "Friday the 13th"
raj

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 02:23:50 PM »

Night of the Living Dead.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 02:43:07 PM »

Evita - ffs, I couldn't sleep for a week after seeing that. I still bear the mental scars today.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 03:08:05 PM »

I foresee this concept going the way of the SciFi Channnel--lots of promise, but no delivery.
'Twould be nice if they scheduled like a "B-Movie Monday," though--nuthin but garbage all day long

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
MonsterX
Dedicated Viewer

Likes to wear mittens.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 04:04:47 AM »

I second NOTLD, but I think that Nosferatu would be a pretty inspired choice as well.  (Although less likely to happen.)

"There was no monster. . . "
Yaddo42
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 06:17:27 AM »

No way we'd get it on my cable system, but I'd wish they at least show old black and white, cheapo, or obscure horror late at night rather than infomercials. Seems kind of fitting since that's when so many horror fans discovered the classic films in the first place.

Remember the original NOTLD is in the public domain due to a legal technicality, they can probably show it cheap, since they can get a copy for broadcast for very little. Why squander prime time viewing and ad dollars on a film they can use as filler. It will be a commercial, for-profit channel, so they are more likely to open with something to get new viewers attention, one of the popular slasher franchises (possibly a marathon) like the ones mentioned already seems likely.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 08:53:27 AM »

Hammer Studios' Curse of Frankenstein from 1957.  

I sure wish I'd get The Horror Channel, but our cable company thinks we're more interested in having three different C-SPAN channels.  Maybe we'll get it in a few years.
Yaddo42
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:32 AM »

I'd trade you Court TV (a channel so annoying I refuse to add it to the channels on my programmable TV) for C-SPAN 3, I'm enough of a political junkie, that I'd actually have a use for it.

Here's hoping that if I find a better job in the next few months I can spring for digital cable. At least I could get the Action, Mystery and Western Channels, BBC America, Bravo, IFC, and FLIX. We don't get even TCM on digital so that's why I figure The Horror Channel is a non-starter in my area.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 10:42:15 AM »

Yaddo,

No BBCAmerica, IFC or Bravo?

I wouldn't be able to live without any of them!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Foywonder
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 03:12:34 PM »

NOTLD is very much a possibility but for some strange reason I suspect it will end up being THE EXORCIST. Don't ask me why, just a vibe I get. I would say one of the classic Universal horror movies like DRACULA or FRANKENSTEIN but I'm fairly certain they are exclusive to Turner Classic Movies.
Susan
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 11:16:58 AM »

My fear is this channel will quickly turn into what happened to the Sci-Fi channel. Alot of horror channel made films and tv shows...that....suck

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 12:34:29 PM »

The Horror Channel website has online petitions for a big list of  television providers, you should go out and sign up.

Petitions

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
George
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 07:03:30 AM »

Susan.....I was ready to fire back at you......but, I realize that you are right.  My hope is that the Horror Channel will have enough ammo and be able to stay away from all the trappings of other specialty channels.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What should be the first program on the Horror Channel? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.