Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:48:25 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who WON'T see AVP because of it's PG-13 Rating? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Who WON'T see AVP because of it's PG-13 Rating?  (Read 4925 times)
nobody
« on: August 09, 2004, 02:22:39 PM »

I've decided not to bother watching "Alien VS Predator" because of it's PG-13 rating. In fact, from now on I'm going to stay away from most every PG-13 rated movie. I'm tired of how "Disney" everything has become lately, and I miss rated R flicks. Is there anyone else here who feels the same way? Or does everyone not care?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 02:31:42 PM »

Don't care.  An enjoyable movie is an enjoyable movie.  I've seen some enjoyable PG-13 movies recently

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 02:34:36 PM »

well, the mere fact they hired a cluster f**k to write and direct the film is what makes me mad. I'll see it, but I wont pay for it.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 02:57:09 PM »

I'm not jumping on this bandwagon.

I could never be that closed minded...to refuse to see a film that I've been wanting to see made for years simply because of a PG-13 rating.

I'm going to see it.
I mean, you never know, Anderson could really have made a kickass film that everyone will like.
It could be a turning point for him.

I think it looks like it's going to turn out to be a suprise hit.
That's what we all want right?
We want this film to totally blow us away.

Maybe it will.

Post Edited (08-09-04 15:10)
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 03:03:17 PM »

I was a bit flabbergasted to hear that an Alien/Predator movie was going to be rated PG-13. I mean all the Alien and Predator movies were R rated so the up coming movie should be PG-13. When I heard about the rating I was thinking "nah I better not see it", Then I realized that I was being a jerk, the movie doesn't have to be R in order to be cool. Now I'm going to go see but I want to see the DVD in case they took scenes out to make it PG-13.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 03:53:08 PM »

Hey I am going to be first in line!
Dave Munger
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 04:55:34 PM »

I don't know if I'll see it or not, but the rating isn't a deal breaker. The Alien and Predator movies that I've liked I've only seen on TV anyway, so that's proably kind of a PG-13 version. Gore has never really been part of the appeal for me. The premise sounds to me like it's conducive to suction, and I don't like them calling it AVP. On the other hand, the trailers make it look like it could be pretty cool.
Harry
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 05:05:22 PM »

I'm still going to see it...but it would undoubtedly be better with an R rating, and I'll probably be thinking that throughout the movie.
Proof, however, that making the movie R doesn't make it good:
Punisher.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

You don't want to see very many movies if the PG-13 puts you off .   Critics are already sqawking because films are pushing the limit  of what PG-13 means.  I've seen a lot of PG-13's that would've been rated R back in the 80's.  It's more likely to get an R rating if  there is a  lot of cursing  than if there is a lot of violence.

Hell, the only R rated movie I have seen this year was Lady Killers and all it had was the  'f' word  about  4000 times.  I'll be seeing this movie the first weekend.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ryan
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 02:50:41 AM »

Oh my effin' god. You're b***hing about the PG-13 rating? That's sad.

Paul W. S. Anderson is a huge Alien and Predator fan. That, AND he was originally aiming for an R rating when he shot the film. Fox screwed him up the ass and edited it down to PG-13. Hopefully, with the success of the Alien Quadrilogy DVDs, they'll release the theatrical version of the movie early next year, and an extended, uncut version LATER next year. That's just a hope, though.

I've already said this like three times. Geez. -.o;
odinn7

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 12:00:42 PM »

The Predator is my most favorite movie monster/alien/thing/whatever. I love the concept behind the creature as much as the design of the costume. You couldn't keep me away from this movie. Sure, it may suck, but I gots to know.
Here's a thought... CBVP (Care Bears vs. Predator) Rated G

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ryan
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 07:23:53 PM »

o_o; Dude. The idea of a Care Bears vs. Predator movie sound cool, because it COULD be just one giant gore-fest. The Predator(s) could even take a few Care Bear skulls and keep 'em as trophies. That'd probably be the R-rated version.

The G rated one would have the Care Bears hiding in fear as we saw explosions and heard some terrifed yells outside.

Eh. Nowadays, that might actually pass for PG.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 10:18:41 PM »

While this news makes me unhappy (I mean seriously, this is just f**king wimpery, there's no way around that), PG-13 doesn't mean crap.  Hellboy is still one of the greatest movies ever in my opinion, and it's PG-13.  Of course, Hellboy never depended on realistic gory violence in the comic books either.
All the Alien and Predator flicks have been R rated and have been plenty successful without needing to pander to the kiddie audience.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 11:22:36 PM »

Methinks the topic should have been posted 9 months back and called "who wont see AvP because its being written and directed by Paul W.S Anderson".

but then again this IS a badmovie forum.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 05:36:03 AM »

I don't really care what a movie is rated as long as it's GOOD.  The reason that I probably will not see ALIEN VS. PREDATOR is because it will probably stink (i.e., it will be this year's FREDDY VS. JASON, which I did not see in the theater, but I foolishly bought the DVD).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who WON'T see AVP because of it's PG-13 Rating? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.