Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:18 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Evil Dead 4?????? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evil Dead 4??????  (Read 3640 times)
ArmyofClones
« on: October 05, 2001, 07:49:10 PM »

:(   I hope right after Spider Man they move on to Evil dead 4!! I mean how could they say "I just don't think theres an audience out there for those movies"  whats that foo talking about?? just make another one!! ::sighs:: ::slaps himself:: I know i know..there will never be a sequel!! wah!!!!!!!!
Steve May
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2001, 09:58:18 AM »

There must be an audience out there for the best the second best "Dead" trilogy out there (ROTLD was by far the best).  If there wasn't an audience then why the f**k did they release Hail To The King, Mc Farlane action figures and countless versions on DVD!
Drezzy
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2001, 04:44:10 PM »

ROTLD was the best zombie trilogy? I think you fail to realize how much the second suck sucked...the first one was great, the third one was pretty f**king good, but number 2 blew.

Sam Raimi + Bruce Campbell = NO HARM, NO FOUL
Ken Begg
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2001, 02:30:54 AM »

It's a matter of economics.  Despite becoming cult classics, none of the three Evil Dead movies ever made that much money.  So the chances of them making a fourth one are slight.

As for why there are toys, DVDs, etc., you can make money selling five thousand toys, or ten thousand DVDs, but you can't make money on a movie unless millions of people go to see it.  By that test, the Evil Dead movies are failures.

Despite what we might wish.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2001, 04:07:23 AM »

Well, how well did ARMY OF DARKNESS do anyhow?

I know EVIL DEAD I and II did very well for what they were made for.  In fact, they are classics of low-budget horror.  ARMY OF DARKNESS was a solid in-shot to the fans.  I recently watched this movie again and wondered the whole time how it ever got made.  I know it has its fan base, but come on, the movie has no wide audience potential whatsoever.  Its only hope was that its wide screen potential was greater than its fan base.  And I don't think they expected that.  The movie was all about it's fans.

The only other major release I've seen attempt this feat was JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK.  Think what you want about either movie, they were both all about pleasing the fans.

I know J&SB made its money back, I don't know about AoD.  But they both prove there is a market for these films.  Sam Raimi may now be thinking in the multi-millions with his SPIDERMAN, but I don't think he should forget his almost insanely dedicated fan base.

The fanboy market is growing ever stronger.  Nevermind how I think they're ruining comics, they're making the bad movie market stronger.
josh patrick
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2001, 03:57:23 PM »

Evil Dead movies are some of the greatest movies of all time. The game sucked, but the movies are getting more and more popular i didnt know about them untill a while ago and know I worship Rami and Bruce. I really think Evil Dead 4 would make mega buco bucks.
josh patrick
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2001, 03:57:32 PM »

Evil Dead movies are some of the greatest movies of all time. The game sucked, but the movies are getting more and more popular i didnt know about them untill a while ago and know I worship Rami and Bruce. I really think Evil Dead 4 would make mega buco bucks.
PoorLogic
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2001, 09:50:54 PM »

You're exactly right Ken, none of the films made much money on the big screen - even Army Of Darkness did poorly. Bruce talks about how many of the fans were not interested in Amry since it had a "R" rating. I would love to see Evil Dead 4, but who want's to put up the money on a franchise that has no track record of box office success - films are about making money, not pleasing the fans.

As for Slient Jay & Bob Strike Back, Kevin Smith makes movies with 20 million dollar budgets - and a box office total of $35 million equals some sucess - Evil Dead 4 would require at least a 70 million dollar budget, no studio would ever put up that kind of money.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2001, 08:34:24 PM »

Well, Mofo, According to Imdb.com here's how poorly army of darkness did in theaters according to how much it cost to make -
Budget : $30m (USA)
Gross : $11.501m (USA)
Jim Hepler
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2001, 07:53:16 PM »

Why would evil dead 4 need 70 million dollars?  Nobody knows what the plot would be, if it ever got made.  They could do another one like Evil Dead 1 or 2 on a shoe string if they felt like it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Evil Dead 4?????? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.