Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:34:36 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Death Race 2000, bmovie bliss? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Race 2000, bmovie bliss? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!  (Read 3659 times)
Skaboi18
« on: October 05, 2001, 11:13:57 PM »

WHOOHOO!
My copy of this DVD finally came in and it's more than I could ever have asked for.  The film has a classic Corman feel, and the gore is fantastic!!!!!  Stallone is an idiot as always and David Carradine does great as Frankenstien.  Only thing that Andrew didn't cover in his review of this film is the hotel bedrooms.  They all look the same and were obviously shot in an empty wherehouse due to the look of the doors that are quite obvious.  Great film, worth the 15.00 on dvd.  We even get to see an interview of Roger Corman hosted by no other than Lenoard Maltin....who looks extremely gay in real life.
craig
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 04:25:18 PM »

My only disappointment was that the film wasn't in widescreen. Was the original film made in 4:3?
Vermin Boy
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 09:12:43 PM »

Ahh, yes... I first saw this film at 3am on a local UHF station, and ended up watching the whole thing! You gotta love a movie where Kwai Chang Caine beats up Rocky in between running down pedestrians and overthrowing the government...
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2001, 09:23:35 PM »

For a critic who gives BRAINDEAD (a.k.a. DEAD ALIVE) three stars, he sure sucks up to Roger Corman when he is on those interviews for EAT MY DUST!, DEATH RACE 2000, etc. That and the fact that he doesn't even like Corman's films and yet he interviews the man and acts like he is a God. For example, Maltin gave EAT MY DUST! a one and a half star with the beginning sentence saying "Nervewracking yarn", and yet he interviews Corman and acts like he is very interested in what Corman says! Talk about your "great film critics"!

Maltin does look extremely gay in real life. Maybe that's why he cannot make up his mind about the films he watches, which causes him to act too flamboyant.
PoorLogic
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2001, 09:41:11 PM »

Does anyone know if Maltin writes for a paper like Ebert? All I ever see of Maltin is him on ET reviewing a classic film....just wondering.
jinn
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2001, 12:14:19 PM »

i heard there making a death race 3000PoorLogic wrote:
>
> Does anyone know if Maltin writes for a paper like
> Ebert? All I ever see of Maltin is him on ET reviewing a
> classic film....just wondering.
Gerry
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2001, 01:36:08 PM »

Maltin's probably most famous for his bestselling annual Movie and Video Guide.  Most of which is written by his staff.  I'm sure he hasn't seen 1/100th of the movies covered in the guide.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2001, 04:33:42 PM »

Yeah, I heard about that... Apparently, it'll have Tom Cruise as Frankenstein (or some such lead character) and Stallone reprising his role as Machine Gun Joe. While it'll be executive-produced by Corman himself, I just can't imagine a big-budget, A-list, Hollywood movie having the same subversive spirit as the original... Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Skaboi18
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2001, 08:22:39 PM »

I actually own Maltin's 2002 Video Guide, and he actually admits that even his teenage daughter writes reviews for it.

I've never really felt Maltin to be a "Bad" director.  Hell, however gives Evil Dead priase can't be all that bad.
Chris K.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2001, 10:11:13 PM »

Maltin a "bad" critic? He trashes Corman's films on paper, but loves to interview the man and act like Corman is a great director shows he is a bad critic! Either be honest with your work, or go ahead and be a sell-out is the real message. And I think Maltin is a sell-out.
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2001, 12:34:04 PM »

With the Booty Smooch required to get major financing, how can you be subversive? Being P.C. is not subversive. And being P.C. is part of getting major studion work. Indies, however, can bite the hand that diden't feed them. As for a remake of D.R.2000......hummmm. What could they realy do?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Death Race 2000, bmovie bliss? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.