Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:21:45 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  COMING SOON 2005 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: COMING SOON 2005  (Read 10462 times)
Susan
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:18:45 PM »

ok, I had nearly completed this list when my power went out the other nite. So, here it goes again. Not all, but a look ahead at some films of 2005:

SEQUELS
* SON OF THE MASK - dear god, why?
* MISS CONGENIALITY 2 -  dear god, why?
* THE RING 2 - Dear god, why?
* DUECE BIGALO: EUROPEAN GIGALO - I give up
* XXX: STATE OF THE UNION - Did anybody really like the first one?
* STAR WARS EPISODE III
* BATMAN BEGINS - or..never ends
* MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3
* THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
* JURASSIC PARK IV
* THE LEGEND OF ZORRO - Because oh yes, we can't get enough
* HARRY POTTER AND THE SOMETHING OR ANOTHER
* JAMES BOND 21 -  more of a prequel, since the bond franchise is dead
* THE SANTA CLAUSE 3
* PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2
* RUSH HOUR 3
* SCARY MOVIE 4

REMAKES/FAMILIARES
* THE AMITYVILLE HORROR - Yeah we need this because the first one really bombed. Plus it's directed by a nobody!
* FUN WITH DICK AND JANE -  Just go rent the original
* HOUSE OF WAX - Sorry, but you KNOW this one is going to suck!
* BEWITCHED
* THE CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
* SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY
* THE GREEN HORNET
* CURIOUS GEORGE - Starring Will ferrell and a monkey. Nooooooooooo!
* KING KONG - Also known as "the film that killed peter jacksons career"
* PROM NIGHT - this is a possible remake, i've only found the title and nothing more
* LOGAN'S RUN
* FAHRENHEIT 451
* THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN

AFTER THOUGHTS
* BOOGYMAN - either a loose adaptation or ripoff of a king short story, but by the cast i'm NOT impressed!
* THE BROTHERS GRIMM - Matt Damon/Heath ledger are conmen who kill monsters, then they are forced to find a monster allegedly committing murders. I wonder if there will be any real monsters in this film. ;-/
* THE CAVE - Monster eating some trapped divers!
* CURSED - Wes Craven brings us a werewolf film starring Christina Ricci, James Brolin, Scott Baio, Mandy Moore, Corey Feldman....hey..WTF?
* FANTASTIC FOUR
* THE CORPSE BRIDE - Well..the title is intriguing anyways

Post Edited (08-11-04 16:33)
I luv dolma
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 04:30:45 PM »

HEY, I am anticipating KING KONG!

With everything else, I agree. Do you think Jp4 will be okay?
Susan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 04:38:40 PM »

I hate to say it but i think the Jurassic Park franchise is dead. It always seems like for many (not all) movies, part 2 sucks and part 3 redeems itself in some bizarro way. Now I liked the third best of all because the first was too serious that it was corny. The second was just plain bad. And the third had decided to just have a good time and make fun of itself while still having some really good effects.  Where else can they go with this? They've already established this is a movie where a small group of people will somehow be struggling for their own survival.

Now i think it would be kinda cool, with all this dna possibility, to have a movie whereby prehistoric MAN, neanderthal/cro-magnun...maybe the missing link, is cloned.Of course if hollywood ever did a movie like that they would turn it into a comedy, like that Brendan Frasier movie.

But why not have some top secret government project that is cloning historical leaders of our time - like Einstein, Hitler, all as part of some scientific experiment that suddenly..goes awry. Then Einstein, cloned in order to study his genius, becomes a villian out to destroy the world? lol  To an extent our experiences, family life, education, all sorts of things factor into who we become.

but i digress....

Post Edited (08-11-04 16:43)
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 04:40:14 PM »

Out of all the films listed, I'm really looking forward to THE CORPSE BRIDE the most. A new stop motion feature produced by Tim Burton...what more could you ask for.

And does anyone have any details on THE CAVE? Sounds much like an old Corman film?
Susan
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 04:47:05 PM »

The Cave

Director: Bruce Hunt
Stars: Cole Hauser, Morris Chestnut, Eddie Cibrian, Daniel Dae Kim

The film centers on a group of hotshot cave divers who get trapped in an underground cave system. They are then forced to battle demonic creatures when they attempt to escape.
========================
The director I'm not sure of. He was an Assistant Director on the Matrix/matrix 3/Dark City

Mitch McAfee
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 05:06:01 PM »

Thanks Susan :-)

And i completely agree with you re: Jurassic Park 3. The funny thing is after watching this for the first time in the cinema, I didn't like it at all. It felt way too short & seemed rushed for some reason. Though now having watched it on DVD a few times, it's easily my fav out of the series. In particular the sense of b grade fun & the atmosphere in the jungle...much like in the original KONG .

And Spielberg was most certainly on auto pilot during the making of The Lost World. Geez it's awful...yikes!!!
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »

I am really looking forward to this version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and The Corpse Bride sounds good. I just hope they dont ruin Pirates of the Caribbean 2, the first one was so good.                                                                           And how long has it been since we have seen Cory Feldman in a movie? Judging by his past efforts it almost guarantees the movie will be very corny.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Susan
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »

I just hope i dont' have to see feldman moonwalking

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 10:27:46 PM »

>* HOUSE OF WAX - Sorry, but you KNOW this one is going to suck!

It doesn't have to suck. I mean, just the thought of the possibility of Paris Hilton screaming as she's covered in scalding hot wax and then dying a slow painful death, makes me want to see it!

>The Cave
>
>Director: Bruce Hunt
>Stars: Cole Hauser, Morris Chestnut, Eddie Cibrian, Daniel Dae Kim
>
>The film centers on a group of hotshot cave divers who get trapped in an
>underground cave system. They are then forced to battle demonic creatures
>when they attempt to escape.

Sounds like a book I read, Hell-O-Ween. A bunch of teenagers venture into a cave and end up trapped. As they go further, they discover a race of demons living underground and must fight to survive.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 01:30:04 AM »

Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo....Hey now!  
That guy is the greatest Man-Whore that ever lived!
Show him some respect!

I don't know why but I've always had a soft spot for Deuce and his crazy adventures.
I've enjoyed pretty much everything Rob Schneider's starred in.
Why?  
I have no idea.
I will definitely go see that one.

Star Wars Episode 3....You couldn't drag me away!

King Kong....I am so there!
Trust in Jackson to blow us away.
Only he could tell Kong's story how we want to see it.

Last but not least...Fahrenheit 451----I've been wanting a remake of this for years ever since I read the book in high school and saw the original film.
It's being directed by Frank Darabont who's directing credits include, "The Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile" and "The Majestic".
Mark my words...
This film will be damn good!

Eat your heart out François Truffaut!

Yep...2005 looks promising so far!
(Well, to me it does)

Post Edited (08-12-04 01:53)
Yaddo42
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 05:14:21 AM »

Curious George - why not get Chris Kattan to play George as a "Mister Peepers" type, from his SNL days. Besides considering his career since he left the show he could use the work. Since I loathe Will Farrell, anything they can do to make this stupider suits me.

Rush Hour 3 - Now that Jackie Chan admits to using stunt men, it  will get even more obvious than it already was in the first two. I just hope they don't bring in Kevin Hart to play Chris Tucker's annoying younger brother. Since the two seem to have the same comedy style and mannerisms, I wouldn't put it past them.

The Santa Clause 3 - wasn't the second one a huge flop? Did anyone even see this one on home video? Too bad they won't make a sequel to "Galaxy Quest".

Son of the Mask - too little too late.

Scary Movie 4 - hopefully this will finish off the series. I was surprised the third one did as well as it did.

The Green Hornet - Kevin Smith or not, why bother? What following the 60s series had was first based on trying to copy the then popular "Batman" series and later due to Bruce Lee.

Deuce Bigalow - I guess I should be grateful it isn't a sequel to "The Animal"; but  furthuring of Rob Schneider's career annoys me.

Star Wars 3 - I'll catch it on video most likely, unless Lucas pulls off a miracle and manages to do right everything he didn't in the previous two.

The Brothers Grimm - I curious about just because Terry Gilliam's directing. Maybe if it does well he can get funding to try his Don Quixote project again.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 07:19:41 AM »

I'm actually looking forward to some of these flicks.

Brothers Grimm looks pretty kick ass so far.  Very strange trippy look to it.  There have been quite a few photos of the flick floating around, so do a search and check them out.

As for "Cursed", I'm going to stay away from it LIKE THE PLAGUE.  The original film was shot by Craven and edited and was completely finished!  Then Craven went back and had the script written again and completely reshot the entire flick.  This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the new Exorcist flick.  Reshooting a film over again doesn't make the flick sound too good.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
dean
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 09:07:31 AM »

Susan, your idea on cloning einstien who turns evil, reminds me of an episode of futurama where the holodeck-thingy creates all these evil creatures which turn real and start trying to kill everyone.  Amongst them was 'evil lincoln'

very funny.

Great list, hope to see them all.  Don't care whether they are good or not.  Just assume they aren't and maybe a few will surprise you.  Here's some thoughts:

SON OF THE MASK: Yeah, that and Dumb and Dumberer must've sounded like REALLY good ideas at the time [note sarcasm] just another way producers must think the film public are mindless idiots.

MISS CONGENIALITY 2: words cannot express how I hate the fact that this exists.

THE RING 2: not really a surprise, since the first one went well.  I like The Ring, but I don't think this will offer anything new.  Might be ok though

DUECE BIGALO: EUROPEAN GIGALO: enjoyed the first, didn't need a second.

XXX: STATE OF THE UNION: enjoyed the first one, but only on dvd.  Just mindless entertainment, don't expect anything more.  Could be a bit of fun.

STAR WARS EPISODE III: I hate George Lucas for how he has made eps1+2 but I can't help getting seduced by the dark side one more time...

BATMAN BEGINS: looking forward to it, from what I've seen, it looks pretty good.

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: refer to 'Son of mask'.  Who will star in this one?

JURASSIC PARK IV: Despite it all, I liked JP2, not so much JP3, but apparently Speilberg is involved in JP4 so it shouldn't be horrible.  Can't imagine it would be breaking very new ground though.

JAMES BOND 21: that's coming out next year? They haven't even found a bond yet [unless Brosnan stays on] and I doubt they'll make it the good film it should be.  Just a special effects, product placement, implausible action bonanza.  I love bond yet hate it at the same time.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2: Should be a bit of fun, but nothing more.  Just like the first one.

RUSH HOUR 3: Loved the first two, third is stretching it a bit [I'm just waiting for 'Shanghai Dawn' to come out soon after!] but I can't complain when I see a bit of chop-socky on the big screen.  See it opening night, and it should be a bit of fun, otherwise maybe a dvd veiwing would be good.

REMAKES/FAMILIARES

HOUSE OF WAX: "Sorry, but you KNOW this one is going to suck!" Was that a pun on Hilton's notoriety in a certain video? :-P  Funny aside, however, the set of House of Wax caught fire and burnt down, cause of fire: a candle.  Kinda ironic.

THE CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY:  This has the potential to be really fantastic.  Just wish I knew more about it.  I'd probably go see it regardless.

THE GREEN HORNET: Yeah, ok, I admit I'm intrigued even though I know next to nothing about the Green Hornet.  

CURIOUS GEORGE: I love Will Ferrel, but maybe not that much.

KING KONG: Should be a fine movie.  I'm interested, but it has such potential to crash and burn.

Hmm... cinema is going to be very odd next year.
Haze
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 03:32:47 PM »

The cave is the only movie I am looking forward to. Possibly Jurassic PArk 4 if they go with that disease angle I heard about circa 8-10 months ago.
Susan
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 04:05:05 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

> King Kong....I am so there!
> Trust in Jackson to blow us away.
> Only he could tell Kong's story how we want to see it.

Don't be so sure. Yeah LOTR is awsome but before that what does he have under his belt, the frighteners, heavenly creature?

> Last but not least...Fahrenheit 451----I've been wanting a
> remake of this for years ever since I read the book in high
> school and saw the original film.
> It's being directed by Frank Darabont who's directing credits
> include, "The Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile" and "The
> Majestic".
> Mark my words...
> This film will be damn good!

If you say so. I like the original, nobody is cast yet. We'll see.

Btw Star Wars is so over with now. The originals had this cult following but the prequels imo just aren't enough to make me stand in line for 4 days.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  COMING SOON 2005 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.