Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:06:23 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst flying special effects. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst flying special effects.  (Read 6337 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 11, 2004, 08:10:34 PM »

Hi, I'm in the middle of watching the Pumaman episode of MSTK3. When the main character becomes a Super Hero he quickly jumps off the top of a house and begins flying. This is definatly the worst special effects to demonstrate somebody flying ever!!! I think Mike says it best :" He has the power to rear-project major cities." and Crow  can put it in a song: "Pu-ma-man! He flys like a moron" Good god, Mike perfectly discripes it! Pumaman will often wave his arms as though he's trying to stop himself from flipping over and he even has his feet pointed directly in the direction of the ground and the rear-projection is still moving back! I wonder if the director was sick one day so he had his son come in and hand him direct this scene. No wait, what I think is the director was sick the whole time so he had his son direct the whole movie! Crap, if anybody has seen any flying special effects worse than this one..then I'm scared. Anybody seen worse?

Post Edited (08-12-04 13:13)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Susan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:18:10 PM »

Superman IV is pretty up there for me. I loved Superman II, the sequels progressivly went downhill. So did the special effects..in IV you can even see the strings holding him up during his moon fight with nuclear man. Not the worst special effects ever, but considering the name brand attatched to the film you'd expect more.

JohnL

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 10:14:21 PM »

Robocop in Robocop III. When he flies across the OCP room near the end, just before the andriods explode, you can clearly see the wires. Besides, it just looks so far-fetched that something that clunky could just glide across the room a couple feet off the floor.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 09:35:03 AM »

For me it has to be the flying motorcyle in Megaforce. That is one of the crappiest blue screen effects I've ever seen in a movie, hands down. Barry Bostwick, sitting on a bike, rocking gently back and forth as he looks around and smiles, the wind blowing his hair ever so slightly, as the chroma-keyed background (inserted as seamlessly as a TV weather map) rocks about in ways that don't really correspond to his movements. I have yet to show that to someone who doesn't gape at it and exclaim "oh, my God."

Post Edited (08-12-04 09:36)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 05:43:58 PM »

Yes MEGAFORCE!!!!! Hands down the crappiest flying FX I've seen.

I actually watched this film last night & it still makes me laugh. (for all the wrong reasons of course). Funniest line from Ace Hunter "Remember the good guys always win... even in the 80's".

Anyone know when its coming out on DVD?
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 07:53:23 PM »

Superman in the 50s series was pretty obvious in that George Reeves' stomach was noticably flatter than it should have been, giving the impression he was lying on a table.  
King of the Rocket Men serials were pretty terrible, too.  (The costume was classic, however.  A bullet for a head and "UP" and "DOWN" for control buttons on his jet pack.) Frequently Tristram Coffin is obviously standing upright, toes pointing straight ahead of him, while the sky behind him goes hither and yon.  Oddly, this was the best flying effects to come out of those old Republic serials for quite a while .

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Susan
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 08:20:34 PM »

Onion - yeah and I also liked it when he dove out of the window to fly. He was literally diving from a springboard headfirst out the window..and not UP! lol

Btw, wasn't there someone else who played superman?

Post Edited (08-12-04 20:21)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 09:49:34 PM »

Susan wrote:

> Btw, wasn't there someone else who played superman?

George Reeves I believe it was.
Susan
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 09:58:26 PM »

Naturally everyone knows George (he always looked more like a wrestler in that getup than superhero).

But I keep having this memory of another Superman show....
I don't remember much about it except he had really dark hair and his chest was bulky, i don't know if it was padded or he wore a sweater instead of spandex...lol

Does anyone remember another b&w superman show?

Post Edited (08-12-04 22:16)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 10:14:40 PM »

There's an interesting story about his suicide in 1959.

Something along the lines of him supposedly dating Toni Mannix, the wife of the head MGM executive at the time.
Some people think he may actually have been murdered but others think it's suicide.

Go HERE to read more about it.

This site has more detailed info.

Post Edited (08-12-04 22:16)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 05:57:55 AM »

How about SGT. KABUKIMAN, NYPD, with the clearly visible cable holding him up.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:53:24 AM »

Anyone here seen the old Captain Marvel serial? They would string up a line and send a dummy sliding along a wire . It probably looked pretty neat back in the day it was made because he would appear to be following cars or just flying overhead.  The goofy part was that the dummy was so obvious. I think they used the same effect for Commando Cody (bullet headed rocket guy).

In the Superman serial Kirk Alyn turned into a cartoon once he was airborne.

Trivia: Kirk Alyn appears in Superman 1 on the train with Noel Neill (Lois Lane from the 50's).

Post Edited (08-13-04 11:59)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 08:07:05 AM »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TREK!

I knew i had seen another superman in B&W besides george reeves. Kirk Alyn, wasn't he a babyface!

loyal1
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 08:49:07 AM »

I would say Handyman from In Living Color was the worst flying effects ever...but then again, Tim Curry's flying fx part as the Grand Warlock in the Worst Witch is HORRIBLE
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 05:21:21 PM »

Commando Cody aka Punkin boy!
Crow : "Nipple, Nipple and flyyy!"
Liked him better as "Rocket Jock" in J-MEN FOREVER!
"Naughty, naughty, bad polluter, bring you down with my ray shooter!"
"My shoes are on Fiiiire!"
After a landing "Ow, my arches!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst flying special effects. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.